• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to use my Valve game coupon on CS 1.6 but it doesn't appear at the checkout, I think because it's bundled with Condition Zero. Is it screwed?

Digishine

Banned
Earned 3 achievements only got 1 gift :/ Gimmeh my game steam !

I want to use my Valve game coupon on CS 1.6 but it doesn't appear at the checkout, I think because it's bundled with Condition Zero. Is it screwed?

(Valid January 2nd, 2012 through March 1st, 2012)
thats why it don't work yet

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Going through my list of Steam cheevos so far.

Audiosurf 1/1
Bastion 1/1
Beat Hazard 4/4
CounterStrike Source 1/1
L4D2 1/1
Team Fortress 2 1/1
Defcon 1/1
Dino Day 1/1
Frozen Synapse 1/1
Jamestown 1/1
Killing Floor 1/1
Red Orchestra II 1/1
Rise of the Immortals 1/1
Sanctum 1/1
Sequence 1/1
Super Meat Boy 1/2
Universal Sandbox 1/1
Spiral Knights 1/1
And Yet it Moves 1/1
Beat Trip Runner 2/3
Dungeons of Demeor 1/1
Magicka 1/1
Greed Corp 1/1
Trine 1/1
Atom Zombie Smasher 1/1
Toki Toki 1/1
Shogun 2 1/1
Defense Grid 1/1
Cave Story+ 1/1
Spacechem 1/1
Champions Online 1/1
Psychonauts 1/1
Soldier and Swords HD 1/1
Revenge of the Titans 1/4
Fate of the World 1/1
Day of Defeat:Source 1/1
EYE 1/1
Hard Reset 1/1
Rusty Hearts 1/1
Crimecraft 1/1

Ones I own games for and still need to do
Binding of Issac 0/1

Probably not going be able to do.
Dungeon Defenders 0/1

I can see my Inventory, but everything I can see are 2 tabs: One is for Spiral Knights and the other for TF2, game I never played.

No gift that I can see :(

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
got 3 extra copies of bunch of heroes. $1.88 each AS GIFT PAYMENT via paypal. otherwise, it'll be $2.25 if you're going regular. pm me if interested.

Mimir

Well, all of my coupons show up in my inventory, but the 8 games I already had are gone. I hope they fix that soon.

Steam is fucked. I can't even start a voice chat.

Goddamn it Valve. Get your shit together.

You already proved that you are better than your console counterparts, but this crap just seems unprofessional.

BioHazard

Fuck that Bunch of Heroes achievement. I got to wave 21 with 2 other people and no achievement after 1.2 hours. I hope it gets fixed and all I have to do is boot the game to have it register or something.

2200 posts already? It is the first day!
KuGsj.gif

Why would the 50% off Valve coupons only be good for games released before January 2nd if they expire on March 1st?

OMG Half Life 3 will release before March 1st!

Why would the 50% off Valve coupons only be good for games released before January 2nd if they expire on March 1st?

"50% off any one title on Steam listed with Valve as the publisher.
Excludes titles released after January 2nd, 2012."

Rufus

If you guys are having trouble viewing your inventory click on "Manage Gifts and Guest Passes" in the Games menu.
The trouble is that it's not displaying anything or with significant delay. And nobody is getting coal, it seems. Getting to it isn't the issue, the thing's just busted at the moment.

Dambrosi

Banned

The coupons are only valid for games released before January 2nd.

OMG Half Life 3 will release on New Year's day 2012!!1!1!!1!1!1111

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The trouble is that it's not displaying anything or with significant delay. And nobody is getting coal, it seems. Getting to it isn't the issue, the thing's just busted at the moment.

Yep. I can get to my inventory just fine, there's just nothing in it. Nothing at all.

Tambini

Going to echo what I posted in the other thread:

I hate to beg but if anyone has a spare Half Life 2, I really want to gift it to my friend for christmas as a small present.

Thanks!

TGMIII

I hate to beg but if anyone has a spare Half Life 2, I really want to gift it to my friend for christmas as a small present.

Thanks!

I think I have a spare copy but I can't check because my inventory is still messed up. PM me and once it's back up we'll get it sorted.

The coupons are only valid for games released before January 2nd.

OMG Half Life 3 will release on new Year's day 2012!!1!1!!1!1!1111

First of all I'm joking. I don't think HL3 is coming out anytime soon.

I'm just saying, the coupon says "Excludes titles released after January 2nd, 2012", what is the point of excluding Valve games released after January 2nd if it expires on March 1st? They don't have any games coming out between that time.

Shanadeus

Banned

Thanks!

I got a half-life 2 code already, so I withdraw from the giveaway Exodus5 made and give you my spot if he's okay with that.

oipic

Orcs Must Die! is fucking awesome. That is all.

Agreed. Anyone on the fence, I urge you, go for it. It transcends genres, and I think anyone who doesn't find it to be an enjoyable diversion (particularly at the sale price) is going to be very difficult to please.

coopolon

If you guys are having trouble viewing your inventory click on "Manage Gifts and Guest Passes" in the Games menu.

Hey that totally worked! I have Half Life 2 and Lost Coast! Wow, that's kind of cool, albeit completely useless to me. But I also own every Valve game after Portal 2 today so a coupon wouldn't be much better.

Edit: Can I convert this to coal and then reconvert it back with other coal to a random game?

Dambrosi

Banned
First of all I'm joking. I don't think HL3 is coming out anytime soon.

I'm just saying, the coupon says "Excludes titles released after January 2nd, 2012", what is the point of excluding Valve games released after January 2nd if it expires on March 1st? They don't have any games coming out between that time.

:D

http://blog.dota2.com/

Though we think it's gonna be free to play, who the fuck knows.

Shanadeus: nice and topical, I rikey.

Sir Garbageman: Oh fuck yes, I cannot recommend OMD! enough. Tecmo's Deception: Arcade Edition.

Neiteio

What's the lowest price we might be able to expect from the following during the sale?

- Sonic Generations
- Bulletstorm
- Serious Sam 3
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hey that totally worked! I have Half Life 2 and Lost Coast! Wow, that's kind of cool, albeit completely useless to me. But I also own every Valve game after Portal 2 today so a coupon wouldn't be much better.

Edit: Can I convert this to coal and then reconvert it back with other coal to a random game?

No. Coals can be converted to coupons, but not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom