• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

Just quoting from the last 10 pages.

It has No DRM (besides Steam) or GWFL aswell.

You or someone else may have already brought this up but i've been away from the thread: how does the game hold up mechanically? I played a bit of it right when it launched, but that's it. Fable II I played to completion and enjoyed.

Looks like Poker Night at the Inventory got updated with a new, less ridiculous achievement.

"The 12 Days of Christmas" - Win 12 or more hands

MRORANGE

Anyone on my steam friend list who didn't get a gift of bionic commando rearmed, give me a heads up so I can sort it out:

rIb7q.png

I have missed one person it seems, damn new inventory :(

Inventories are broken at the moment. Steam people are investigating it.

Yeah, in the morning, I couldn't access my inventory at all obviously, but since around noon the Portal 2 and Steam tabs disappeared from my inventory, so I can't see which gift I got from the "check your inventory" achievement.

Anyone on my steam friend list who didn't get a gift of bionic commando rearmed, give me a heads up so I can sort it out:

rIb7q.png

I have missed one person it seems, damn new inventory :(

Why aren't we friends?!

Edit: Looks like I started something. For reference I was kidding. But you should be on my friends list regardless.

NBtoaster

I see on the top sellers that a lot of peple are buying Mass Effect 1&2, Fallout New Vegas and Bad Company 2. So many aren't wise to the first rule of Steam sales. Spread the word!

First days damage:

Portal 2
Orcs Must Die
Metro 2033 x2 (one for my dad)

Spent around $20.

If I stay around $20 a day I will be happy as my dad and I have new PC's and I will be buying x2 for most of my games.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Do you guys think we're going to get a gift every day for doing an easy task a la the easy tickets from the summer sale?

According to http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Objectives

Code:
Name 	Icon 		Description  
Check Inventory		Check your inventory - you've got a gift
Join Sale Community	Join the 2011 Holiday Group
Trade Item		Get what you want – trade!
Wishlist 10		Have 10 items on your wishlist
Write Recommendation	Write a recommendation. - Must be a game you own
Link to Facebook	Link to your Facebook
Setup SteamGuard	Turn on STEAM Guard

Yes

Card Boy

Banned
You or someone else may have already brought this up but i've been away from the thread: how does the game hold up mechanically? I played a bit of it right when it launched, but that's it. Fable II I played to completion and enjoyed.

I've never played Fable before but it seems good for a 2005 game. There is no Xbox controller support.

When i say it holds up well, i meant visually.

Here are some screenies i took (resized from 1920x1080, maxed with x4 AA)

xYPop.jpg

C9UDZ.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Come on, you stupid inventory, start working!

EDIT: Ok, the copy of HL2 Qwomo just traded me (for nothing - thanks!) is showing up in my inventory history, but if I click on it I just return to my empty inventory with no way to redeem the game. Valve better fix this.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Sweet, checked the inventory.. and got 50% Valve Game (own all I want) and a free copy of Xotic. Sweet.. free game! Not sure if it's good, but who cares.. FREE!

Binding of Isaac is a great game as long as you're not blindly grinding it for some stupid metagame achievement.

I got it with one of the Indie Bundles, and I aree that it's a horrible game. It's kind of interesting, and the core concept of random Zelda isn't bad, but it's so slow and stiff that I find it annoying to play, and I really don't care for the story or graphics much in general. I was slightly queasy the entire time I played.

Derrick01

Banned
Sweet, checked the inventory.. and got 50% Valve Game (own all I want) and a free copy of Xotic. Sweet.. free game! Not sure if it's good, but who cares.. FREE!

According to the OP Xotic is one of the games that will have a holiday achievement, so you might get something else along with that game!

I got it with one of the Indie Bundles, and I aree that it's a horrible game. It's kind of interesting, and the core concept of random Zelda isn't bad, but it's so slow and stiff that I find it annoying to play, and I really don't care for the story or graphics much in general. I was slightly queasy the entire time I played.

You may quoted the wrong post, or you can't read.

Oh and you're wrong. Terribly wrong.

Bebpo

Banned
I think we need a separate thread for "Steam Xmas ACHIEVEMENTS" (I'm willing to make and maintain the OP) with a list each day of all the achievements for gifts, how to get each one, and how much time it takes roughly to get each one...and maybe whether getting it is fun or a hassle.

I got the Orcs Must Die one. That one takes 5 mins and is fun.

How about the Edge, Bunch of Heroes, Cargo!, Anomaly ones?

99hertz

First day, only bought Fable. I'm very happy that this time there are indie bundles, I don't think there were any on the Summer Sale. The Mega Indie Bundle is awesome. Good thing I don't have a good PC, I would just buy everything.

SmithnCo

I think we need a separate thread for "Steam Xmas ACHIEVEMENTS" (I'm willing to make and maintain the OP) with a list each day of all the achievements for gifts, how to get each one, and how much time it takes roughly to get each one...and maybe whether getting it is fun or a hassle.

Cargo's is really easy.

Bunch of Heroes one is both glitched and a pain in the ass, definite no-go on that one.

Come on, you stupid inventory, start working!

EDIT: Ok, the copy of HL2 Qwomo just traded me (for nothing - thanks!) is showing up in my inventory history, but if I click on it I just return to my empty inventory with no way to redeem the game. Valve better fix this.

Try the games tab for the Steam Client>manage gifts and guest passes. Worth a shot.

Goody

Awesome. I was planning on picking up Half-Life 2 and just got it as a free gift. Now I just need to get Episodes 1 and 2. It's been a very good first ever holiday Steam sale for me.

Remy

Anomaly's is pretty easy. Just get to a point where presents start dropping (halfway through Mission 2, or probably anywhere in 3 or 4), and start grabbing them. If your units get blown up because you're too busy grabbing presents, just pause and hit "Restart at Checkpoint" - it keeps the count of how many you've grabbed. Took me like 5 minutes to get a big "SANTA LIKES YOU" and get the achievement.

...which unlocked a 50% off coupon for a game I already had. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom