• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Fuck that Bunch of Heroes achievement. I got to wave 21 with 2 other people and no achievement after 1.2 hours. I hope it gets fixed and all I have to do is boot the game to have it register or something.

Just wasted 2 hours on that POS game as well. Hopefully they just give it to everyone free like they've done in the past with screwed up achievements. I don't want to play that crap anymore.

Bought Fable: The Lost Chapters. I haven't played through a Fable game before, and this should probably hold me until Fable III drops to a lower price.

Eusis

Tell me how it is if you do, I did grab it but if it's rubbish I'll leave it in the backlog for a bit.
I didn't care too much for the Xbox original, but it was also really overhyped at the time and I still bothered to beat it. at $2.49 it's not bad at all, and it's pretty short too.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I figured I would wait till this evening to try any of the gift stuff because all the issues being reported earlier today. Just did it now, and its completely screwed up and won't show anything

Awesome -_-

SmithnCo

The instructions page for the winter event says "Don't worry, you won't get coal again," on the coal crafting thing. Does that mean you won't get coal after crafting it once or..?

edit: nevermind, just means you won't get coal from the present I guess.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've got 3 achievements but only got a gift for the check my inventory thing...

So is it not giving gifts for achievements done before the start of the sale because that's horseshit.

Speevy

Banned

So is it not giving gifts for achievements done before the start of the sale because that's horseshit.

Nah it gave me no gift for the Orcs Must Die thing either.

spk

Can we still get achievements (the coal/gift/coupon ones) for games past the objective days? For example am I able to complete the Anomaly achievement tomorrow?

So any tricks to getting your inventory to work? Both in the client and on the website I have 1 item in my inventory but it is blank and I can't see anything when I click on it.

Yeah mine's the same. Been like it for a while now.

I've been playing that horrible Binding of Isaac game for hours and never got to Satan's room :(

IIRC you have do do well on a level in order to unlock the room.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING

It doesn't give achievements before they're actually formally part of the sale, though, right?

I mean, I have completed some of the achievements for Bit.Trip.Beat, Meat Boy, and Frozen Synapse, and Orcs Must Die. The only ones that have counted are the Orcs Must Die and the Steam "Check your inventory" gimme achievement. If it's anything like the summer sale, you need to wait until they're formally tied into the contest before you can get rewards.

I've been playing that horrible Binding of Isaac game for hours and never got to Satan's room :(

Binding of Isaac is a great game as long as you're not blindly grinding it for some stupid metagame achievement.

TheFatOne

I know this may be a dumb question, but how do I gift someone a game? I bought the portal 2 double pack, but I don't see an option to gift someone the game anywhere.

Edit: Figured it out The game finally appeared on Steam.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
God, Bunch of Heroes is such shit.

Do not buy.

yeah...it's a really really shitty game. i had it gifted (thanks, borsdy) and i wasn't planning on playing but tried to get the cheesement for it.

I SWEAR I FUCKING GOT IT! I'M NOT PLAYING THIS SHIT AGAIN, FUCK YOU VALVE, GIMME MAH GIFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom