• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Fantastic game. Very fun mix of tower defense (which I usually don't like) and action.

Single player only is a bit disappointing, but it has leaderboards which can be addictive if you have friends that play it.
Seconded. I didn't think I'd like it, and I didn't really like the demo, but I've found it's really a fun, well-polished game. It's one of the few games you'll pick up this sale that you'll actually play.

JEKKI

maaaaaan I wish they had Steam for the iphone,

coz I got the new iphone and having Steam would be awesome!!!

in the meantime, gotta wait for that Sonic Generations daily discount!!

and Back to the Future too!

inky

OMD is pretty amazing. It's a steal at that price and the only reason it is not up there is due to the lack of MP. I wish Robot would find a way to patch it in, but it is almost guaranteed they are saving it for a sequel.

These coupons are the true pieces of coal.

Word.

That said, I can already see it... come the end of march everybody is going to be like "well, I don't really want Topware's full catalog, but it'd be a shame if this coupon worth 30% off goes to waste". LOL

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's really not all that great

vel6qdjjd9.gif

Sarcasm

I did the warzone anomaly one and it doesn't even say it on the gift achievement page, but in library says I have it...

How do I get it to recognize?

Card Boy

Banned
Word.

That said, I can already see it... come the end of march everybody is going to be like "well, I don't really want Topware's full catalog, but it'd be a shame if this coupon worth 30% off would go to waste". LOL

Seriously what i ment to do with a -10% Meridian4 voucher lol?

The summer sale prizes where better, at least you got DLC for your games on that one.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Got the inventory achievement, Orcs Must Die, a Cave Story one, and Sequence. Only got one coupon showing up in the inventory. Hopefully it'll be sorted out in the morning.

Joe Molotov

I got all five (working) achievements, and got Half-Life 2 and Audiosurf. I assume that I was supposed to have gotten coal for the other three, but Steam is so screwed up right now that it's not working right.

Kammie

Question. I'm in South America, but at work we connect through a U.S. proxy. I've noticed that some games are a LOT cheaper with U.S. pricing (for example, Alice is 15 instead of 25), not to mention the games that are just not available in my region. Is buying through a proxy against TOS/can my account be suspended in any way? Am I better off asking for people to gift me a game instead?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm so confused.. are the achievements in OP functioning ahead of time and rewarding gifts early or something? Cause only the daily ones are up ATM... and I don't see where the rest of those are listed. So has someone cracked in and figured out what future daily challenges will be?

*spare me I know it's probably been answered already*

Hanzou

Question. I'm in South America, but at work we connect through a U.S. proxy. I've noticed that some games are a LOT cheaper with U.S. pricing (for example, Alice is 15 instead of 25), not to mention the games that are just not available in my region. Is buying through a proxy against TOS/can my account be suspended in any way? Am I better off asking for people to gift me a game instead?

Yes and yes to your two questions there.

Opiate

Hey all,

Since I've found the game giveaways to be particularly fun (that is, distinct from trades), I've started a whole thread specifically for contests and prizes over the remainder of the sale.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456152

I've started it off with a Just Cause 2 giveaway. Feel free to add your own contests as well, however. If you just want to talk about Steam sales or want to trades, feel free to keep using this thread, of course.

Wow, Orcs Must Die just... feels really good. The combat is smooth and... smooth. It's kind of nice! If Dungeon Defenders felt like this (or, conversely, if Orcs Must Die had co-op), I would be set for life on the tower defense genre..

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: Is Beat Hazard even playable with kb/m? I don't want to install it on this computer (with the superslow connection I'm using at the moment) if I couldn't possibly get the achievement because I can't play.

Turfster

Quick question: Is Beat Hazard even playable with kb/m? I don't want to install it on this computer (with the superslow connection I'm using at the moment) if I couldn't possibly get the achievement because I can't play.

I play with kb/m. I got the 5 minute achievement without problems. (10-20 got cheesed because the internet radio dropped out, but... eh)

Hylian7

Is Dota 2 really possible to get as a gift from an achievement? I've heard a few people claim they got that, but I'm curious if it's really possible. I have a friend who's itching for Dota 2 (I have it myself already), and I could give him one if I were to get one from an achievement during this sale.

FatBaby

I am sure this has been answered, and I bet i know what the answer will be, but I figure I would ask just so I could get some confirmation. But for these daily achievements things, can you still do them and get the gift/coal for them after their featured day?

During the summer sale you could and still get the tickets, so I assume it's still the case here, but you never know I guess.

So am I right or wrong?

Flunkie

Banned
Has there been a collection of the various "prizes" that you get after an achievement?

I only know of the 50% off any Valve game one.

Is Dota 2 really possible to get as a gift from an achievement? I've heard a few people claim they got that, but I'm curious if it's really possible. I have a friend who's itching for Dota 2 (I have it myself already), and I could give him one if I were to get one from an achievement during this sale.

Pretty sure HP_Wuvcraft won it today, but he can confirm or deny.

Volcynika

Hm. Anyone know how to get the "Naughty or Nice" achievement in Renegade Ops? I just ran through the DLC and didn't see anything. D:

zethren

Banned
I purchased Orcs Must Die as well as the 2 DLC packs for it.

I already installed Orcs Must Die, and played a few minutes of it, but do I have to install the DLC as well? Or is it automatically part of the game now? I don't see either DLCs listed in my Steam library.

/Steam Noob.

I purchased Orcs Must Die as well as the 2 DLC packs for it.

I already installed Orcs Must Die, and played a few minutes of it, but do I have to install the DLC as well? Or is it automatically part of the game now? I don't see either DLCs listed in my Steam library.

/Steam Noob.

There are very few games (Dragon Age is one of them) where you need to install separate DLC/Xpacs.

So no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom