• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need 200 Crowns, and another 200 for every time you lose. Took about 4 maps for me, but I came up about 160 Crowns and 5 Coins.

You're fucking kidding me. I just gave all mine away as a joke cause I figured I'd never touch it again.

And yeah my steam tab still isn't there in my inventory.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How about a copy of Aaaaaaa: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, Cogs, 50% off a Valve game coupon, and 50% off Max Payne 2 coupon?
I'll have to decline. I guess I should specify I'm not interested in coupons because I have so little of the moneys.

I also forgot I have a fuckton of indie games off Steam....

Atom Zombie Smasher, Baldur's Gate 2, Blckwell Trilogy, Blocks That Matter, Braid, Breath of Death VII, Cogs, Cthulhu Saves the World, Men of War: Red Tide, Cogs, Commandos Complete, Cortex Command, Descent 1 & 2, EU3 Chronicles, Fallout 2, Frozen Synapse, Gemini Rue, Machinarium, Medieval 2, The Oil Blue, Osmos, Planescape: Torment, Revenge of the Titans, Runespell: Overture, SpaceChem, SteelStorm, The Binding of Isaac, and VVVVVV.

Flunkie

Banned
Woah, uh.. I just bought a Penny Arcade Adventures Combo Pack for gifting, and I sent the gift off, and now it appears in my inventory? Did I just get a duplicate?

Fake edit: Or is it stored in my inventory until said recipient accepts it?

Bliddo

Are gifts still broken? I used to have an extra copy of portal 2 in my inventory (bought it some time ago), now it disappeared :|

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Woah, uh.. I just bought a Penny Arcade Adventures Combo Pack for gifting, and I sent the gift off, and now it appears in my inventory? Did I just get a duplicate?

Same deal as the two games I gifted today. If I click on send gift it'll say "invalid gift or gift has already been redeemed." So you don't really have a duplicate key, you can't do anything with it. They're just not disappearing from the inventory like they should be.

Mimir

Gifting and trading seem to be broken at the moment, so you do have a duplicate. I have no idea if the duplicates actually behave normally though.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It was definitely on sale either last year or the year before

edit: December 30th 2009 it was $3.75. Seems altogether too long since the sale. I wonder if there's some kind of rights thing going on - it's listed as published by Bioware, but originally it was published by Microsoft on xbox, and 2k games on the PC. Might be another Goldeneye situation.
edit2: Wait, it's still selling at $14.99. Swept under the rug :(

That's when I picked it up and I still haven't installed it.

Chris R

Orcs Must Die is alright, but it isn't anything more than a 6/10 (on a real 0-10 scale). Though for the price the deal is okay. Just don't expect the game to evolve much.

I'm still really unclear on one thing. Were we supposed to have one gift by default, then another for checking the inventory? I did the inventory achievement and the Orcs Must Die one and only have 2 gifts. Should I have three?

I'm in the exact same boat as you and I got 2 as well. It would be nice if someone clears this up... the way I understand it, it should be like this -

Pressing get started gives 1 gift.
Checking that gift in the inventory gives 1 more gift.
Any additional achievements give 1 gift each.

Is that correct?

benjipwns

Banned
I have four:
One by default which was a Valve coupon.
Then another for checking inventory which was coal.
Then one from Orcs Must Die which was also coal.
And one just now from Anomaly which was Rock of Ages.

Hey for everybody that doesn't have the Steam tab in their inventory and haven't received their gifts I just found a fix from someone on the Steam forums. Start up TF2 and go to your backpack and move some of your items around. Then exit and go back to your Steam inventory and the tab should be there along with your gifts. I just tried it myself and it worked.

mannerbot

I have four:

So coal actually shows up in your inventory? My inventory still doesn't show up. :(

edit:
Hey for everybody that doesn't have the Steam tab in their inventory and haven't received their gifts I just found a fix from someone on the Steam forums. Start up TF2 and go to your backpack and move some of your items around. Then exit and go back to your Steam inventory and the tab should be there along with your gifts. I just tried it myself and it worked.

Ah thanks, this worked.

I have four:

I guess I'm short one gift then because I've completed the first 3 you mentioned.

My damage for the day:

Fable The Lost Chapter
Just Cause 2

There are a number of appealing Indie games but there's too much overlap with games I already own, no extra copies means no incentive to buy. I'm waiting on daily deals for the few I do really want.

It's so tempting to snatch up the Fallout New Vegas DLC and a few other games but gotta stay strong, wait for the daily deals, wait for the daily deals, wait for the daily deals.

mrgone

I have four:

Grats on Rock of Ages :) Game looks crazy, and it'll get you another gift/coal

Chris R

Any fix for people who don't have TF2 installed?

Bliddo

Thanks, I'll try.

edit: it works even with Portal 2
Thanks

Speevy

Banned
I got 50% off Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, which is great because the game will cost more than it does right now when I'm able to use the code.

Thanks a lot, man, I was just going to post here enraged at Valve.

Anyways, I'm still enraged as all I got was 50% off Valve games and 2 lumps of coal :( I guess it doesn't hurt to try: Does anyone want to trade the coupon for some dirty cheap indie game that has an achievement this sale (like The Polynomal or any Gundemonium game that is not Hitogata Happa, I've got that one)? I'd offer my coal, but it's not tradeable...

I don't really feel like downloading Team Fortress 2 just so I can fix some glitch.

Yeah we shouldn't have to do this just to get our gifts. I guess I was lucky that I left TF2 installed. I haven't played it for over a year but for some reason never got around to uninstalling it.

RoboShmup

Banned
Definitely had a terrible time with this steam sale so far.

I attempted to get the easy AudioSurf achievement, but it didn't unlock for no reason at all. Tried doing it over and over again making sure I did nothing wrong, but no avail.

My graphics card on PC wigged out right after getting the Defense Grid achievement. Need to get a replacement now :(

Attempted the Toki Tori achievement on Mac. Nope, they didn't update the Mac version with the snowflakes yet.

Attempted the Trine achievement on Mac. Nope, they didn't update the Mac version with the presents yet.

On top of all that, I couldn't get passed Guru Meditation for half the day and I still don't have any sort of inventory system.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Hylian7

Still no coal showed up for me. I only have two gifts, did the inventory viewing achievement and the Orcs Must Die one. I guess I am just missing a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom