• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I purchased Orcs Must Die as well as the 2 DLC packs for it.

I already installed Orcs Must Die, and played a few minutes of it, but do I have to install the DLC as well? Or is it automatically part of the game now? I don't see either DLCs listed in my Steam library.

/Steam Noob.

Should be automatically installed. You can always check by rightclicking your orcs must die in your library and going to 'view downloadable content'

scitek

I can't play Bit.Trip.Runner for my life. It's like playing Guitar Hero in an emulator on my TV, and if I turn vsync off it tears right in my path.

Mimir

Got the inventory achievement, Orcs Must Die, a Cave Story one, and Sequence. Only got one coupon showing up in the inventory. Hopefully it'll be sorted out in the morning.
How'd you get the Cave Story one? Everything seems to indicate that ones not achievable yet.

scitek

Is one of the best downloadable games I've ever had the pleasure of playing and a perfect example of how to remake of a classic

And it's fucking 3 bucks! What a steal, holy shit. The game was worthy at the original $10

BUY IT, NOW!!!

I'm really broke, unfortunately.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
How is the Orcs Must Die DLC? I mean I know it's only $1.60 but I'm trying to stay within my $50 budget and I don't want to bother if the extra levels and weapons aren't worth it.

Hylian7

I'm still really unclear on one thing. Were we supposed to have one gift by default, then another for checking the inventory? I did the inventory achievement and the Orcs Must Die one and only have 2 gifts. Should I have three?

Nelo Ice

Banned
How is the Orcs Must Die DLC? I mean I know it's only $1.60 but I'm trying to stay within my $50 budget and I don't want to bother if the extra levels and weapons aren't worth it.

Haven't gotten to the new levels yet, but the weapons from the first dlc are great. At least I use the floor burner and vamp gauntlets all the time.

I purchased Orcs Must Die as well as the 2 DLC packs for it.

I already installed Orcs Must Die, and played a few minutes of it, but do I have to install the DLC as well? Or is it automatically part of the game now? I don't see either DLCs listed in my Steam library.

/Steam Noob.
The DLC will be available right off the bat. There's even a shield in the main menu that says something like "Check Downloadable Content" :p

EDIT: Wow, multi-tab browsing did me in. Late.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how hard is it to get the Spiral Knights Achievement? I have only 2 hours in the game, just what do I need to do?

mrgone

By the way, does anyone know what the deal is with the Renegade Ops DLC? Some people got it free, some people didn't, and there doesn't seem to be any consensus yet about why.

Mimir

Poker Night at the Inventory got a new achievement:
The 12 Days of Christmas
Win 12 or more hands.

Looks like people will be reinstalling!

Gamejunky

Anyone get a game as a gift from the promotion unpack/install it and it's still in your inventory? Just wondering if I can give the game away or if it's just going to eventually disappear. (Game is Tiny Bang Story)

mrgone

I wish Jade Empire were on sale.

How about that, it has never been on sale ever (new steam sales white whale?)

It was definitely on sale either last year or the year before

edit: December 30th 2009 it was $3.75. Seems altogether too long since the sale. I wonder if there's some kind of rights thing going on - it's listed as published by Bioware, but originally it was published by Microsoft on xbox, and 2k games on the PC. Might be another Goldeneye situation.
edit2: Wait, it's still selling at $14.99. Swept under the rug :(

Mimir

Anyone get a game as a gift from the promotion unpack/install it and it's still in your inventory? Just wondering if I can give the game away or if it's just going to eventually disappear. (Game is Tiny Bang Story)
Yeah, after a trade, I actually ended up with both the game I traded and the one I traded for in my inventory. I claimed the one I traded for, but it's still in my inventory.

Turfster

If this is legit and not a mistake this pretty scummy of Sega and Avalanche.

Note the seem. Might just be that the GMG people hadn't restarted their steam yet at the time of saying they didn't get anything. (so mrgone, try restarting steam and see if you still don't have them)

Chris R

I still haven't seen my gift today. Am I just doing it wrong? I click on the big red button and then my inventory. Hoping the servers are sorted out come tomorrow.

Sober

Note the seem. Might just be that the GMG people hadn't restarted their steam yet at the time of saying they didn't get anything. (so mrgone, try restarting steam and see if you still don't have them)
I restarted Steam before I went to work and didn't show up. Just checked now and I have it, but this is from buying the 4-pack during the Autumn Sale. On my account page it comes out "Renegade Ops + DLC - 4 pack", so not entirely sure if the other 3 I gave it too have it either.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I still haven't seen my gift today. Am I just doing it wrong? I click on the big red button and then my inventory. Hoping the servers are sorted out come tomorrow.
I got the Team Fortress 2 thing-y yesterday but I checked it now and I got two vouchers; 33% off Valve game and a 50% off for one Indie game. So yeah, try later.

mrgone

I've restarted it several times since people started talking about it :( Just tried it again."You currently have no downloadable content for this game."

mrgone

Same looks like people who didn't buy it directly on Steam haven't got it (or may never get it since noone is saying anything)

There's a thread on GMG now, but not a lot of traffic there. Hopefully a staff member will notice and contact someone.

Hopefully it's just a symptom of everything else that's broken with Steam today

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Have: DOTA2 from this holiday thing.

Want: Icewind Dale from GOG ($5)... or some Steam game? Portal 2 is the only other Valve game I'd want but don't have. I don't know if they're giving that one away.

Traded for Icewind Dale AND Portal 2. That is what I call a secure offer and I love GAF.

Hylian7

Have: DOTA2 from this holiday thing.

Want: Icewind Dale from GOG... or some Steam game? Portal 2 is the only other Valve game I'd want but don't have. I don't know if they're giving that one away.

games I already have

How about a copy of Aaaaaaa: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, Cogs, 50% off a Valve game coupon, and 50% off Max Payne 2 coupon?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think you just go to Lockdown and play until you get the Winter Map. It's supposed to be random.

You need 200 Crowns, and another 200 for every time you lose. Took about 4 maps for me, but I came up about 160 Crowns and 5 Coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom