• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dascu

Tried to trade my gift copy of Dirt3. Showed up in my normal inventory, but not in trade inventory. Tried to gift it: Error with transaction. And now it's in my games library for some reason, though I'm quite sure I never clicked Unpack Gift.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Its pretty fun. I recommend it.

Okay!

Tried to trade my gift copy of Dirt3. Showed up in my normal inventory, but not in trade inventory. Tried to gift it: Error with transaction. And now it's in my games library for some reason, though I'm quite sure I never clicked Unpack Gift.

And despite our trade being successful, The Path is still in my inventory. Weird.

Speevy

Banned
I know it's the same crappy principle but I'd imagine that starting up Spiral Knights would have the same effect but be a much smaller download.

I tried that but it still didn't give me anything new for getting the Orcs Must Die achievement.

I suppose I just didn't get anything, which is fine. Thank you for the suggestion.

Are any of these "Free to play" games (aside from TF2 of course) a worthwhile investment of time or are they mostly just glorified stores?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
And despite our trade being successful, The Path is still in my inventory. Weird.
Yeah, DOTA2 still shows as normal in my inventory but when I tried to resend it says it was sent, so I guess things are processing correctly but inventory display is still messed up.

Edit: I would definitely trade my 33% off Valve coupon for coal.

Big-E

LOL Trainz Simulator 12 50% off. Fuck my life. Got 2 pieces of coal though plus Valve 25%, hopefully better stuff tomorrow.

So whats the use again of giving away coupons that when you use them you'll pay more for a game than you would if you bought it during the sales?

Got the valve one and a Hearts of iron 3 -50% one

Lumine

Is it still broken? I still haven't recieved anything. :(

Something other than my TF2/Portal 2 items should show up when I click inventory right? I'm not seeing any gifts. :(

Has anyone found a golden coupon yet? Maybe they're just going to give one to everyone on the 25th and call it a day, but what if they let you choose to transform one of your existing ones...?

BELIEVE

Artofwar420

For those who are missing a prize or two, try getting another achievement. I got another one (for today) and it "unclogged" it and gave me the two prizes I was missing.

Which were coal.

OK I wasn't seeing anything in my inventory except the Valve coupon so I downloaded Spiral Knights as it's only 300 MB compared to TF2's 10 GB. After logging into that game all my rewards have properly shown up. Too bad it's all coal lol

Sober

The gift system is really freaking me out. Is Skyrim a possible gift (I assume that's what the 2011 Holiday Sale registry entries were for)?

Also, not much today. Just bought the rest of the JC2 DLC I didn't have and the Dredmor expansion (50% off, whatever, it was 1.50$)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sure this has already been said, but you know what would've been even more amazing? If the Grand Prize winner's account was flagged as Valve employee account, thereby guaranteeing every single Steam game for life.

masterkajo

Yeah just read it.

Need to find someone to test this out with. CS:S for anyone's coal!~

I got a coal :)

Tenck said:
It works!

EDIT: Good to know! Thanks for testing!

EDIT2: So... what if you just get around the internet trading all the coal out there. Wouldn't that give practically all games one steam? But I guess you have to trade everytime so that's that.

ASilva

Neo Member
This steam gifts thing is pretty awesome. I did the Orcs Must Die and Anomaly achievments and got Altitude and AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.

The other 2 gifts i got were a coal and 25% off one valve title (i wonder if it stacks with the 50% off already. And if a valve game goes 75% off can i get it for free?)

I think Bunch of Heroes has duplicated while I was asleep. Bought the 4 pack. 1 in game list, 3 in inventory, wake up this morning 1 in game list and 4 in inventory... interesting.

Double checked.

3 achievements unlocked.

1 -33% Valve Vouhcer
3 lumps of coal

So, that's those 3 achievements taken care of. Cannot work out where this extra extra copy of Bunch of Heroes has come from.

Yup, I've also tried to trade with someone and it worked! Sorry for the false warning :(

EDIT: ASilva, is not that easy. You'd only get 25% off the already deducted price.

For example, if a game costs 100$ and is 75% off, it'd cost 25$. Using the coupon would only reduce the 25% price, making it cost 25-25*0.25 = 18.75

So the more coal you have, the better for the grand prize? Alright, I got one coal and 25% discount off any valve game in my steam inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom