• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with Red Orchestra not being available in my region (U.S.) Really weird.

Not like I was going to buy it anyway, but it's the first time I've seen that from the U.S. side. Especially as a featured deal.

EDIT: May have been a temporary error on Steam's part.

MRORANGE

Go down the elevator and do some missions in the game, you'll get crowns and items you can sell for more.

There is an easy way to do the Pyschonauts chieve.

First, grab the save file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?73rlq7b1h57ub8b

Next, unzip the save file here:

Steam\steamapps\common\psychonauts\Profiles

You will have have to start a new game of pyschonauts to create the Profiles folder. After the profiles folder is created, delete the Profile 1 folder you created with the downloaded profile 1 folder. Then load up the game and continue.

Use psychokinesis to set a squirrel and bird on fire. Once they burn up they'll drop food. Just need to collect one of each for the chieve.

will add to the steam achievement guide.

I wonder who's footing the bill for these vouchers. I'm guessing the developers and valve have to agree on a set reduction amount but it'd be cool if it was just Valve taking the hit. That way we might see some cool discounts like 75% off capcom games.

Did the Psychonauts achievement with the save posted before and got a 25% off coupon for a THQ game. The sad thing is, I have all of the THQ games I could want, and the only one I would want I already have a coupon for that.

Maybe I should give it away, or trade it.

Did the Psychonauts achievement with the save posted before and got a 25% off coupon for a THQ game. The sad thing is, I have all of the THQ games I could want, and the only one I would want I already have a coupon for that.

I could always use Darksiders. I'll gladly take it off your hands.

I'll trade it for a valve lol.

Edit:You can give it to HP_Wuvcraft.

Gav47

The coal/gift argument reminds me of this

mysterybox.png

Codeblue

Do we have a trade thread going or is this a catch all?

I got Day of Defeat: Source, and a 33% Valve coupon out of that grab bag and I wouldn't mind trading either of them.

Tomodachi

Not sure if somebody already mentioned it, but is the spiral knights achievement broken or something? Tried two lockdown matches and no luck (even though I hit lots of opponents with snowballs).

Emitan

I did a Dungeon of Dredmore one and I got a 33% of a Valve game coupon. Which would have been nice a few years ago. You, know, before I already owned every Valve game.

Pachinko

Well so far I've spent 35 bones on 4 games (witcher 2, double fine pack and metro 2033)

I wonder what the rest of the the sale will bring...

Turfster

Well, the cave story achievement was easy.
Set date to the 25th. Run game. Get achievement.
Fate of the world one is still doing my head in though. I keep being like 5-10 years late. Anyone have a savegame for it?

Vamphuntr

Psychonauts cheevo is really easy. It was my first time playing the game too. Simply do the coach training then start collecting stuff around the camp. Create those items which give you +1 level for each 9 cards then go see Cruller to get the pyro skill. Burn a squirrel and a bird to get it. I'm impressed by the quality of the game. It detected my third party controller and binded all the key and sticks properly.

Well, the cave story achievement was easy.
Set date to the 25th. Run game. Get achievement.
Fate of the world one is still doing my head in though. I keep being like 5-10 years late. Anyone have a savegame for it?

Good to know its available now. This will be done tonight.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I got another piece of coal from the Spiral Knights achievement, my friend got Farming Simulator.

I seriously laughed hard.

Haha. Thats a good one.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I got another piece of coal from the Spiral Knights achievement, my friend got Farming Simulator.

I seriously laughed hard.

I'd love to win something like that just because it would make me laugh every time I saw it in my library. Of course I'd still rather win a game I'd actually play.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Grah, Tropico. Anyone know whether its better than 1 or 2? Couldnt stand those games for no particular reason other than style and approach.

I bought Costume Quest but when i play everything in game is black. The only thing i can see is luminated objects. The menus and HUD display fine too.

AMD Radeon HD 5850 with latest drivers :S

I wonder who's footing the bill for these vouchers. I'm guessing the developers and valve have to agree on a set reduction amount but it'd be cool if it was just Valve taking the hit. That way we might see some cool discounts like 75% off capcom games.
I think its developers to both coupons and games. Maybe games are only from developers who also offer coupons. IIRC there were no Capcom games in the list so no Capcom coupons will be seen.

1-D_FTW

I'm debating this myself. If you don't have every valve game, then it's probably worth holding onto them. 1000 Complete Packs is a lot. You'd also have to assume that a good number of the gift hunters would be hardcore users, so I think you'd have a pretty good chance. If you already have all the Valve games you want, convert them.

Even so, if you had 10 million coals out there (conservative). That brings a single coal to 10,000 to 1 odds. I suppose if you had 25 coals, and there were really only 10 million coals out there, your odds would be 400 to 1. Still not exactly great odds though. I'd still say have fun. Keep a couple leftover coals and if it's meant to be, it'll be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom