• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoco

Banned
Haha, to give to a friend you mean? A friend who hasn't played them? Haha...

You...you have played the Half Life games....right?
Yeah, but they're on my Xbox. Which I don't play anymore and would be happy if I never had to boot it up again. Why would you think I never played them? What makes you think I implied it? I want them on my computer so I never have to touch my Xbox ever again.

Crayons

Banned
Pick the lowest difficulty setting and these skills:

Unarmed, vampirism, viking, Perceptive, heavy armor, alchemy and another one.

You should be able to plow through the first floor without doing anything since you even regen due to the vampire stuff.

Thanks alot! I've been spending the last half hour dying over and over again.

coopolon

I just played the first world of Super Meat Boy (I got it in the Humble Bundle...chill out golden rulers). This game...how have I never played this game before? That was probably one of the most enjoyable 23 minutes I've had gaming in a long time.

So uhhh...do I have to beat the game to unlock the levels where the Xmas achievements are?

You might want to try out the tutorials, they shouldn't take long to complete. They explain how to use abilities, items, and spells, all of which make the game a lot easier.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Guess thats the issue with people playing games just for achievements. Its actually pretty fun finding out about these abilities and see how you can use them together. Doesnt make much sense to pick axes, swords, staves, maces and wands all together because you only need one melee weapon skill for example.

But eh, glad to help.

I just played the first world of Super Meat Boy (I got it in the Humble Bundle...chill out golden rulers). This game...how have I never played this game before? That was probably one of the most enjoyable 23 minutes I've had gaming in a long time.

So uhhh...do I have to beat the game to unlock the levels where the Xmas achievements are?

Dunno, but lol. The thought is cracking me up. Would be a long night for you.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I demand the blood of an intern to repent for this typo.

erghtypoxyobb.jpg

Turfster

No. Go left.

Grokbu

Weird. I beat a stage in The Kid's Xmas in SMB, but never unlocked the achievment.
Perhaps there are any requirements I'm not aware of?

Need some help, if possible:

So, I gifted my friend a game, he didn't have it anywhere in his messages.

I thought, "what the heck?" and gifted it again, as it wasn't terribly expensive. He hasn't been online to check yet, but it's not showing anything in my "gifting history" or "pending gifts."
I am receiving the emails showing I paid for the game both times.

Where would he check to be absolutely certain he's getting the gift, and, if it doesn't work again, who do I contact on Valve to get this worked out?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Need some help, if possible:

So, I gifted my friend a game, he didn't have it anywhere in his messages.

I thought, "what the heck?" and gifted it again, as it wasn't terribly expensive. He hasn't been online to check yet, but it's not showing anything in my "gifting history" or "pending gifts."
I am receiving the emails showing I paid for the game both times.

Where would he check to be absolutely certain he's getting the gift, and, if it doesn't work again, who do I contact on Valve to get this worked out?

Check your steam inventory whether you still have them. System might be slow.

inky

So WB really pulled their pack... Wow, what a bunch of assholes. If I didn't own Batman already I would've bought it.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
How do I loot the monster bodies in DoD?

Also, if I am a Vampire, how do I heal?

TOMA HELP ME!! :lol

edit: I am reminded as to why I never play Rouge-likes

Toma

How do I loot the monster bodies in DoD?

Also, if I am a Vampire, how do I heal?

TOMA HELP ME!! :lol

edit: I am reminded as to why I never play Rouge-likes

As a vampire you heal by hitting monsters. Its also hard to play if you dont make enough damage. So take other skills that get you more damage output. That way you can just one hit your way through level 1 on easy. You cant loot monster bodies, they just drop loot on death. You can farm on monster bodies when picking mushroom farming as skill.. but thats another story :p

If you want more help, pm me and we hook up in steam chat. Easier to help and explain. I'll gladly help anyone getting into a game I convinced them to buy it.

Derrick01

Banned
3 gifts today...all coal :(

I do have that AI war game but apparently losing 30,000 ships takes forever to do even if you're trying to suck. Doubt I'll even bother to do it.

ElRenoRaven

Can you click it?

Edited my post. Right after I had done all that I went back in to look again and it was gone too. Guess Steam just had to catch up.

You're probably looking at the publisher catalogs page. The pack itself with all the games has been removed.

Nope. I was looking at the pack. Closed it out then reopened to check again to be sure and then it was gone. Guess steam had just cached that page or something.

Heads up, Total War:Shogun 2 is going to be $7.50 on amazon tomorrow(it's steamworks) and Sonic Generations will be $14.99 which I think is steamworks as well.
That's a great price for Shogun 2. I bought it when it was on sale a while back on Steam for $10 + the blood DLC.

Toma

Ok, so what is up when I got nothing after 5+ achievements ?

You are unlucky, Kate.

Edit:
Sorry, restart Steam? And it worked yesterday to boot up TF2, Portal 2 or Spiral Knights and shift around inventory items. Worked for me as well.

TekDragon

Banned
Wow, this is the first game-sale-thingy I've ever felt really good about. I haven't had to buy a single game and I was able to get 3 achievements yesterday and 4 today. My first gift was a 50% off Valve coupon and I just reforged my 7 coal into a Fallout bundle (sweet!). From here on out it's pure gravy.

You are unlucky, Kate.

Edit:
Sorry, restart Steam? And it worked yesterday to boot up TF2, Portal 2 or Spiral Knights and shift around inventory items. Worked for me as well.

Ahah, I got that pun every single time I start complaining about something :D Actually, Portal 2 items disapeared. Time to reboot Steam

Have you tried the TF2 fix? I had 3 yesterday that weren't showing until i loaded TF2 for its achievement, then they magically showed like Valve wanted me to play some TF2 to see what I won.

Will boot TF2 as soon as Steam reboots

Toma

Revenge of the Titans looks good, but if/when it drops to Daily Deal, is it worth it?

It looks super fun, but still. Is it worth it?

Many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many people here like it. I still havent checked it out closely enough, so no personal comment from me this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom