• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale has begun! Update: OVAH.

Volcynika

Hesemonni said:
ITT we pay for something we could get for free elsewhere and wouldn't even notice any difference in the product.

Digital Distribution sux donkey b4llz

Is there a point to this post, other than bitching?

Mrbob

I'm starting to order my potential purchases. I could go wild, but I'm going to try and be responsible and limit myself to 100 dollars on total purchases. CoH and World of Goo are locked in, now I'm breaking down the other games I want to purchase.

Twig

Banned
Thomper said:
Well... those are all really incredibly good cames. Maybe not Bullet Candy or Bejeweled, but that's $0,99. Would be almost stupid not buying it. It's a lot of money, true. But there's no faulting you for buying any single one of those games. :D
Yeah. Bullet Candy is actually $3.50 or something. I don't really know anything about it, but I like shmups (even if I am terrible at them) so I figured what the hell.

Buuut. Goddamn so much. Where will I find the time!

Flunkie

Banned
I limited myself to:

Trackmania United Forever - $19.99

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - $17.49

Half-Life: Opposing Force - $0.99

Half-Life: Blue Shift - $0.99

Total
$39.46

Twig

Banned
Hesemonni said:
ITT we pay for something we could get for free elsewhere and wouldn't even notice any difference in the product.

l o l nubbikins

Piracy is bad.

Thomper

Mrbob said:
I'm starting to order my potential purchases. I could go wild, but I'm going to try and be responsible and limit myself to 100 dollars on total purchases. CoH and World of Goo are locked in, now I'm breaking down the other games I want to purchase.
Really nice to have a cart now. I'm adding everything I might potentially want to buy, giving me a good overview of total cost. Deciding from there what stuff I really, really want.
TheOneGuy said:
Yeah. Bullet Candy is actually $3.50 or something. I don't really know anything about it, but I like shmups (even if I am terrible at them) so I figured what the hell.

Buuut. Goddamn so much. Where will I find the time!

Damn you! I'd forgotten about Bullet Candy. Now I might add it to my cart.

fallout

Ewwwwwww. I just noticed that Clear Sky has some 3rd Party DRM.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20510/

Volcynika said:
I'm thinking about making a part of my OP where it's "People that opened their wallets a lot more than everyone else" :lol
Steam users: Single-handedly saving the economy.

Hesemonni said:

I think that is the strangest argument against DD that I have ever read. Kudos, sir!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
larvi said:
I'm eyeing up the Strategy First complete pack. Anyone want to talk me out of it before I buy another bunch of games I probably won't play for a while? I'm sure I will play the Disciples, Space Empires, Baseball Mogul, JA2 and Birth of America games in the pack not sure how much the others though.

It's hard to fault any of those other games, but you would much rather have OOTP Baseball than Baseball Mogul. Night and Day in gameplay quality.

Twig

Banned
Solideliquid said:
No one seems to be buying GTA 4 or Far Cry 2?
Not good enough deals!

Well, I already have GTA4 on 360 and apparently the PC version is fucked up or something?

But Far Cray 2 I really want, it's just not a good enough deal compared to everything else I bought. D:

DMczaf

Mrbob said:

Responsible :lol

BUY THE ID PACK!

Thomper

Solideliquid said:
Far Cry 2 can be had for cheaper in certain stores (Play.com has it for 18 pounds/25 euro's), and with all the horror stories about the PC-version of GTAIV, I think most people prefer to wait until either patches show up, or the game's cheaper.

EazyB

Banned
Your shopping cart
$7.49 Beyond Good and Evil™
$7.49 Indigo Prophecy
$0.99 Opposing Force
$0.99 Half-Life: Blue Shift
$2.49 Trials 2 Second Edition

$19.45 Estimated total

I'm on the fence about buying trackmania. I enjoyed the free download but what does this package offer that makes it worth $20?

JDSN

Banned
Hesemonni said:

Yay pirates.

Hesemonni said:

What the hell are you talking about? Unless you pirate you have to pay for these games. Better to get it on sale than full price. Go troll somewhere else.

Do you guys think the eidos or the thq pack is more worthwhile? I'm leaning towards eidos but I'm still undecided. :/

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Responsible :lol

BUY THE ID PACK!

I'll wait for 75 percent off weekend sale for the ID PACK! :D

You shouldn't be trying to get me to buy it though...if I do I will zoom by you in total steam games owned!

Besides, you haven't even touched a single game in the ID Pack yet! :lol

Twig

Banned
Hesemonni said:
Not really ;) I just like to have something concrete in exchange for my money.

I'll be leaving this thread now!
Yeah, games are totally abstract. It's only real if you have the box!!

Idiot.

Hesemonni said:

Your post sux donkey b4llz

Volcynika

Hesemonni said:

Good. Because honestly, coming into a thread based on a sale from a digital distribution service just to bitch has no point other than to troll.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
I'll wait for 75 percent off weekend sale for the ID PACK! :D

You shouldn't be trying to get me to buy it though...if I do I will zoom by you in total steam games owned!

Besides, you haven't even touched a single game in the ID Pack yet! :lol

STFU! ILL GET TO IT!

And when I get home, I'm going to buy some things :D

firex

I'm going to buy CoH at that price since I never got it before (didn't realize it dropped down to $20 already either). unless it's just vanilla CoH, and not the CoH gold pack. then I guess it's the Relic pack for me. I might get the PoP pack too, not sure. actually, seeing BG&E for $7.50 means I'll buy that.

Okay, ended up picking up X-Com Complete Pack, Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Heavy Weapon Deluxe.

I might also grab Thief 3. I also picked up Hitman: Blood Money the other day.

Most of the really great stuff I already own! I should have waited a couple weeks on some of it.

Volcynika

Drake said this will apply

Hesemonni said:

Then, in the same thread:

Hesemonni said:

So, you want something concrete for money, but first said it was free...

353cwut.jpg

*sigh*

$48.74 - Prince of Persia Pack
$4.99 - Runaway, A Road Adventure
$7.49 - Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle
===========================
$61.22 - Estimated total (saved $28.75)

Hesemonni said:
Hesemonni said:
Concrete is free now? Where can I get? I could do with a nice extension!

Daigoro

i still havent bought anything yet.:/ ill probably get Sega Rally Revo though.

Rome Total War isnt offering me an "Add to Cart" option for some reason...

Hesemonni said:

where can we get Bioshock for free again?

*oops im a page late.

dLMN8R

EazyB said:
Your shopping cart
$7.49 Beyond Good and Evil™
$7.49 Indigo Prophecy
$0.99 Opposing Force
$0.99 Half-Life: Blue Shift
$2.49 Trials 2 Second Edition

$19.45 Estimated total

I'm on the fence about buying trackmania. I enjoyed the free download but what does this package offer that makes it worth $20?
Trackmania United has around 7x the amount of content as Nations does :p

Nations contains one car and environment - rally. United has 6 other cars/environments that all handle completely differently, with unique tile sets and each with as many tracks as the entirety as Nations has.

Videos of all 7 environments/cars: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D370E27AB2373C89

United also has an entirely different set of tracks for the Platforming mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgK6Tkpk_1U

Such a ridiculous amount of content that $20 is a steal

Hesemonni said:

Funny, I pay for content, entertainment, and quality. Not a stupid fucking box I'll have to store never to look at again, pieces of plastic I need to uselessly put in my computer just to play, with CD keys I'll forget or lose, and manuals I don't even look at.

neight

Banned
Hesemonni said:

I'm wary of digital distribution too but don't you care about supporting developers?

Proc

I'm torn whether or not to just get a few doom games at $.99 a pop or to go all out on the complete pack to get the awesome quake games on my steam. decisions, decisions.

Fio

Fio said:
PLEASE, some US Gaffer (or from any other region where the game costs $5), buy and gift me Bioshock and I'll buy Portal or AudioSurf for you (or other game worth $5). I will send the game first, so no risk for you.
I really want this game and I can't buy it because there's some lame region restriction.

If you are interested, please!!! send me a PM.

Thanks.

Begging again.

Solideliquid said:
Got bad press because they shipped a buggy game. The patch is fine but they'll likely never hear the end of how bad it runs now. They say 90% of a game's sales come from the first two weeks on console- I can't imagine it's a world apart on PC. That first week was dogged by texture loading and framerate stories and everyone I talk to isn't interested in the game now because "apparently it runs like shit". Rockstar did themselves a disservice shipping with bad multiplayer components and dodgy code.

RE: The deal not being good enough, Rockstar already did a pretty reasonable price for it in the first place IMO. No point justifying your disinterest in the price, the game is worth it as it was.

Far Cry 2 is just straight up overpriced.

Volcynika

To make it even easier, I'm in the process of making all the game names in the list links to their Steam pages. After that, might go in there and edit in whether there's a demo available. So if you're like "What's that game about" you just click and check out what's there!

Javaman

Volcynika said:
If you can find the original Witcher (new) for cheap, and register it, you'd get all the stuff from the Enhanced Edition for free. Unless you want all that stuff that comes in the retail box.

Someone posted a list of the nonvalve games that can be activated a while back. Do you still have the list? The local gamestop has Overlord for about 7 bucks

Top Bottom