• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
U2XF5vn.png

Goddamn, my emotions is like a roller coaster right now.

amazing.gif

surprised-patrick-meme-supernatural.gif

tumblr_maxkj953y71qi17ru.gif

screaming.gif

q19B9.gif

I fucking love Speevy! Bros for life.

Darkroronoa

I just finished Bioshock Infinite.
I really liked the gameplay, it was good, the shooting was decent and the powerup choices gave different ways to fight. I started at medium difficulty but i raised the difficulty to hard because the game was way too easy. I changed it back to normal in a couple of fights.
The thing is that while the story was good and the ending was really good there are lots of things that i did not understand, it looks really complex. Its one of those games that you need a second playthrough, quite rare i would say.
I definitely enjoyed it, its strong point its definitely the story and the narative but i dont get why people say the gameplay wasnt that good. Maybe because it wasnt open enough? Sure it could be better but it was very good imo.

MRORANGE

We was on page 10 when I went to sleep, now I have to ask myself is it worth reading 52 pages...

I know it's the end of the sale and all but you can't have the same post mentality for this thread. Granted those 52 pages could be breaking news and insightful reviews and all but I really doubt it.

Just stahp plz

Turfster

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but the humble store daily is Chivalry 75% off.

Also, I didn't even know you could have a god damned neck hernia.

Tizoc

We was on page 10 when I went to sleep, now I have to ask myself is it worth reading 52 pages...

I know it's the end of the sale and all but you can't have the same post mentality for this thread. Granted those 52 pages could be breaking news and insightful reviews and all but I really doubt it.

Just stahp plz

Come now this is common for the Steam thread.
If you want news, go back a few pages to see my list of games to check out that are releasing this month.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy late title card Valian Hearts, add it to the list

I thought I was about to finish the game (I have no idea how long it is), turns out...it was just chapter 1 hah

Copons

Just stahp plz

You just slept too much.
Shame on you.

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but the humble store daily is Chivalry 75% off.

Also, I didn't even know you could have a god damned neck hernia.

You mean in game?
I guess it could be kinda common while randomly swinging blades wearing 2 tons armors.

Caerith

Just stahp plz

The thread's been going pretty good so far, actually. Barely any talk of actresses.

Hugstable

Banned

I thought I was about to finish the game (I have no idea how long it is), turns out...it was just chapter 1 hah

Yee buddy! The game has only begun! Chapter 2 is a bit longer than the first one, and it's where I really started to get into the game. I love how they even integrated boss fights into the game in their own way.

Grief.exe

Also there's several horror games releasing and being released this month, so I'm happy. It seems to be a great month for Steam releases.

The PC releases schedule has been insane all year.

Not even accounting for the ludicrous amount of games dumped on Steam, just referring to the quality releases.

Just stahp plz

There were some giveaways, some reviews, some conversation, Tizoc getting people excited for some upcoming games. You know the typical day after sale stuff.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Can't ... unsee .. Sonic.

Is that homage? or coincidental stuff.

Looks good either way.

Homage, the game pulls inspiration primarily from Sonic, Mega Man, and NiGHTS into Dreams, I believe.

I've noticed it for a while :p

It's just the game's origins as a Sanic fan game were kind of off putting at first. But it looks too good for me to care about that.

That sort of stuff doesn't bother me, I think of it like mods. Some fantastic games have been formed from mods, and some from fan games as well.

What do you think of Whispering Willows?
...and kudos for those images, I look forward to seeing them in game as I bet they'll look even better in motion.

Intrigued~ Very intrigued, I saw it earlier today when browsing coming soon, and will definitely pick it up.

MRORANGE

Come now this is common for the Steam thread.
If you want news, go back a few pages to see my list of games to check out that are releasing this month.

You just slept too much.
Shame on you.

The thread's been going pretty good so far, actually. Barely any talk of actresses.

You guys really want to read those 52 pages don't you?

Sigh, there better not be any talk of football.

Vuze

It took me about 7h to finish it, same for a bud. So that's what you can roughly expect from it.

-

Imagine Me got three new achievements since I 100% it this afternoon :,(
c564e1daa2.jpg

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

Took me about 6h to finish it. Great game with some beautiful cutscenes and a moving story.

nexen

Not that anyone cares, but I'm really enjoying Gigantic Army
Procyon and RefleX are decent little shmups too.
(RefleX is butt-ugly, but a ton of fun)

Enemy Mind ... eh, not so much. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have limited ammo in a shmup?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It took me about 7h to finish it, same for a bud. So that's what you can roughly expect from it.

-

Imagine Me got three new achievements since I 100% it this afternoon :,(
c564e1daa2.jpg

damn thats a lot longer than I expected, neat. think it took me about hour and half for chapter 1

Happy 25th thread SteamGaf.

I noticed that Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is free for the X1 tomorrow...what's up with the PC version? Do we get a free update or should I add Drinkbox Studios to the list?

Shadownet

Banned
zo1x4Gx.png

I'm seriously bawling right now. I had a terrible last couple of days, probably the shittiest week ever. Speevy and yGray just made it a whole lot better.

Thank you for the early birthday gifts guys :D your generosity shall be rewarded!

MORENO-TEARS.gif

I still have one Summer Adventure Card on my inventory but can not be traded, this card will disappear or will be stored forever on my inventory?

Congrats to Pupo for winning Dead Island GOTY!
Congrats to JustLynx for winning The Lego Movie Videogame!
Congrats to Cozmogramma for winning Deus Ex: Human Revolution DR!
Congrats to Ozium for winning TimeShift!
Congrats to TsuXna for winning Saints Row 2!
Congrats to WavekSra for winning Awesomenauts!

Basically, congrats to all the juniors hanging around from the Summer Sale. This thread always welcomes new guys and girls.

Purkake4

Banned
I would be all over something like this.
Tell me about it.

Visual novel is not very accurate. It does have battles, similar to FTL. The battles are not quite as complex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmxO0smTVo#t=720

The book art is just visual flavor for the decision points, just like FTL's little encounter stories.

I'm not saying it's great, or even good. I'm just saying it's not a visual novel.
I saw the battle parts too, didn't mean it's a visual novel, just more in that direction than in the tactical battle direction. The gameplay just seems shallow, but obviously this is just the beginning of the beta, I hope it'll end up awesome.

Hugstable

Banned
Lol you got bad rats now.

Hell yeah it is. Everybody needs some Assstebreed in their life.

Correct, from work and school.

lol yup Summer School is the worst right now too, it's like 106 outside where I live. Thankfully it's only 3 hours a day 4 days a week, and the school has good wifi and big classes so I just post of my phone alot. My phone is huge though and I still haven't gotten used to typing on it so my spelling ends up all over the place and have to edit all the time -_-. Goddamn is it hot out here though.

Basically, congrats to all the juniors hanging around from the Summer Sale. This thread always welcomes new guys and girls.

Thanks for giving away some great games (Did not enter as I have the ones I want most, but it's still awesome)!

Vuze

What a short game! :O

It's about 12 levels which are all extremly simple lol
I think the trigger for the death count cheevos is bugged haha, got all three within 2mins now :,D Guess I'll make sure to keep this gem at 100% just for the sake of it!

UncleBiz

Yay juniors!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The PC releases schedule has been insane all year.

Not even accounting for the ludicrous amount of games dumped on Steam, just referring to the quality releases.

Agree'd, these are games I picked up as they looked interesting that released today alone:

ss_954792c9a8748f308fc349abeb80b8e165ce2b4a.600x338.jpg
ss_bc7f4c538cf868840a5df0bd8a2ad4a671e3c623.600x338.jpg

The Tower

ss_dcfbfa0406e96c21c24f39f71bd4e33d272fba6a.600x338.jpg
ss_32c9d916970c7e1d89fdbc84e74f1412f8d74b16.600x338.jpg

Frozen Slate

ss_af5fc6dc7fbdf8320adc09db4788fc3befd30aab.600x338.jpg
ss_0d7788184a022d8b38cf54914bd29591b06569bf.600x338.jpg

Momodora III

ss_86f93098f35809dc8dacd80ed87bd7e1d81bd7e1.600x338.jpg
ss_eb5dfb51d70f9a56026eac585e58f4937850cb51.600x338.jpg

SUGURI

ss_f0795f0458a0a9d8be4bb755423e74b55635f54f.600x338.jpg
ss_44dae9c7e74683da06a135c14b324aa8b03f267f.600x338.jpg

Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition HD

This month three games I've kickstarted/alpha-funded are also coming out (two in Early Access), Freedom Planet, Claire (which was delayed), and Darkwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom