• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So my full impressions of Freedom Planet.

header_292x136.jpg

~snip~

Excellent write up Dusk! Glad to see you like it. I sadly can't play it for more than 2 stages at a time, the stages take a while to beat but I enjoy them non the less and prefer to play it in short bursts :D

maty

use the my loot command with modbot.

Should it say anything in particular? I tried it and got the following.

Games I've won
(list)
Games unclaimed
(list)

and finally this

You have given away 70 games. (30 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

That's it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Won several good games in the last months so, one of them was one from you in fact :).
Nice quote in the steamgift btw ;)

If there are 25 or more "eligible", you're a megagiver.

Just saw your edit. Thanks

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wait. i'm confused. i sent in to register a game with modbot, and then i get the quote to post, but i forgot about it and didn't post it. and netx thing i knew, someone had already claimed it.

does this mean that modbot automatically posts after a while? or wha'ts up?

... if you tell it to automatically repost, yes.

Hugstable

Banned
I think I'm 2/3 of the way through Strider and it still feels so...unexciting. Techncially the game is fine and I don't really see anything particularly wrong with the gameplay. It just doesn't feel all that interesting. The boss fights are the only real highlight and even they haven't been all that special.

Thats how I felt when I played it. Everytjing felt stale and samey. The mechanics and gameplay of the game was fine, but it just wasn't classic Strider :(

Shadownet

Banned
Well I'm up for CSGO competitive later today if anyone want to. Warning. I'm terrible. But it's all fun and game to me. So if you don't mind losing quite a bit. :)

GAF Game Night

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
header_292x136.jpg

Time to show your karting skills on the road!

- Winner gets a random game from me, but that's if you beat me!
- Previous winners KenOD and Ruruja are free to enter but will not win a game, the free game goes to 3rd place in that case.
- We will play a random world @ 4 tracks.
- Using the slot machine at start is not allowed.

Race will begin:
t1406314800z0.png

#1: DunderHassan
#2: Schnitzelfee
#3: Corrosivefrost
#4: Divius
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

Reserves:

#1: KenOD
#2: Ruruja
#3:

Damn, I'd totally be down if I weren't at work. :(

Tizoc

I've got 20% discount coupon for Olli Olli if anyone wants one. I have 2 but I don't think they can be stacked.

Hugstable

Banned
Well I'm up for CSGO competitive later today if anyone want to. Warning. I'm terrible. But it's all fun and game to me. So if you don't mind losing quite a bit. :)

How'd you do yesterday? I did horrible in my first game last night. Last game we played was nuts though, a huge comeback was almost pulled off. That Dust 2 match last night where the other team never went B though... hahahah

wilflare

Should it say anything in particular? I tried it and got the following.

Games I've won
(list)
Games unclaimed
(list)

and finally this

You have given away 70 games. (30 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

That's it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Won several good games in the last months so, one of them was one from you in fact :).
Nice quote in the steamgift btw ;)

Just saw your edit. Thanks

you should ask the mods to allow you to change your nic to maty :p

GAF Game Night

header_292x136.jpg

Time to show your karting skills on the road!

- Winner gets a random game from me, but that's if you beat me!
- Previous winners KenOD and Ruruja are free to enter but will not win a game, the free game goes to 3rd place in that case.
- We will play a random world @ 4 tracks.
- Using the slot machine at start is not allowed.

Race will begin:
t1406314800z0.png

#1: DunderHassan
#2: Schnitzelfee
#3: Corrosivefrost
#4: Divius
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

Reserves:

#1: KenOD
#2: Ruruja
#3:

I think I'll be able to participate! Add me on the list:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/viniciuslc476/

Shadownet

Banned
How'd you do yesterday? I did horrible in my first game last night. Last game we played was nuts though, a huge comeback was almost pulled off. That Dust 2 match last night where the other team never went B though... hahahah

I was terrible the 1st match. I was holding the team down quite a bit. But the 2nd one I did better. finished with +1 kill I think. But then again those guys were noticeably worse than the 1st team we played again. lol

we should play :3

wilflare

That last Risen 3 trailer made me unexpectedly excited. Suprised it's coming out this soon. When was it announced, four months ago?
I just hope the combat isn't as awfull this time around. It was okay in the original, but every time you stumbled upon an enemy in the sequel was a chore. It got a bit more fun fighting scallywags after learning some abbilities, but whenever a monster showed up... Absolutely dreadfull.
However, I really did enjoy what i've played from both games. Exploration is pretty damn great and fortunately, it's main focus.

In other news; i'm turning twenty in a couple of day's and i'd like to celebrate that event by doing a raffle for what has to be my favorite game this year thus far. I hope whoever wins enjoy's it as much as I do. :)

Note: I only just realised the winner will get to see the message attached to the gift redemption link. So let's just say dmix90 is an awesome trader and please, don't be scared of Russian text.

more people need to know and enter this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122583292&postcount=10976 - DIVINITY OS
I can't enter

Nzyme32

GAF Game Night

TITS. The one time a game night is at a reasonable time for us U of K folk, and I haven't got the game installed, and have such shitty bandwidth that it won't even download any where near in time...

sigh.. next time. next time. Have fun!

Chariot

Maybe I should try and get into Moba. What is better? League of Legends or DOTA 2?
None. They have both small differences, but one isn't really better. You should try them yourself to be sure what of the two you like more.
I prefer League of Legends, because it's the "nicer" one of the two. In terms of gameplay that is, the communities are both shit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot will be down for a few minutes. I am moving it to an external server again because my desktop will be down while I'm moving over the next month or so. When it comes back up it'll take care of everything it misses while it's down.

Edit: Okay apparently my upstream is slower than I thought so it might take a while to move the giveaway database and the log files to the remote server. Please be patient.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Maybe I should try and get into Moba. What is better? League of Legends or DOTA 2?
Are you trying to start World War 3?!

League of Legends is probably better for a person who has never played a MOBA, but Dota is a more feature rich and polished game overall and has a better F2P model

goddammit stump no that is not okay i am owed modbot

to actually contribute: you play whichever moba your friends play

if you dont have friends well then that sucks i guess

play dota tho its better

Strider

You can't really say which one is "better." It's more about picking which one fits your style more.

The main reason I picked Dota 2 over LoL when I wanted to get into a moba was that Dota offers everything (all heroes, etc.) available from the start for free. LoL doesn't and I didn't want to have to pay just to be able to play as my favorite heroes.

They have small gameplay differences too as well as the art style. Just look into both and see which one you think you'd enjoy more.

Shadownet

Banned
The easiest decision is to choose based on art styles.

None. They have both small differences, but one isn't really better. You should try them yourself to be sure what of the two you like more.
I prefer League of Legends, because it's the "nicer" one of the two. In terms of gameplay that is, the communities are both shit.

This question leads to bad places.

For what it's worth, I think League is much more "newbie" friendly.

Are you trying to start World War 3?!

League of Legends is probably better for a person who has never played a MOBA, but Dota is a more feature rich and polished game overall and has a better F2P model

Hmm so should I chose (League) better for newbs or DOTA (more polished)

Hugstable

Banned

Pretty much haha. If you go into DOTA they have a tutorial mode there that teaches you the basics but still there will be stuff you need to learn. I've never played LoL so I don't really know how everything works there. If you play to play a MOBA though, be prepared since it takes awhile to learn and get decent at.

Amzin

You're gonna get tons of answers from both sides. Having played thousands of matches of both dota and lol (well, dota 1, less of dota 2), I vastly prefer league. They are much more different than they appear, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom