• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idled a game for over four hours and it dropped zero cards. Wanted to sell some cards to get a little extra money for the sale, but fuck it.

I'm lucky if I'm getting 1 drop per hour atm for all games. Wonder if something has changed? Am I being punished for daring to ask for a single refund?

"to become the scariest of them all"

Totally

U5XMp9C.png
Uncanny. Her eyes pierce reality itself... no matter where they are.

It has a pleasant mid 90's UI, at least. For the retro gaming enthusiasts out there.

Dr Dogg

A PC that has never booted from an SSD in never a whole PC. That is a quantifiable and noticeable upgrade even the most uninformed person would notice.

Also started up Viva Pinata again for the first time in 6 years. It's now got its hooks into me again. Might track down a PC copy. You're losing money here Microsoft.

Is the first Trails in the Sky on sale anywhere? Played some of it on the PSP back when that version came out but I remember very little other than amusing treasure chest dialogue.

Lomax

A PC that has never booted from an SSD in never a whole PC. That is a quantifiable and noticeable upgrade even the most uninformed person would notice.

Also started up Viva Pinata again for the first time in 6 years. It's now got its hooks into me again. Might track down a PC copy. You're losing money here Microsoft.

They should at least put it up in the windows app store. Though it's probably not compatible lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently it was in the Halloween sale in spite of not being released(???)

It was selected as a participant by mistake and wasn't actually available to purchase.

Should I upgrade my ram?

CUT_aHzUwAANjUC.jpg:large

Yes I already know I need an SSD

I had to bump up my RAM to 12GB from 8GB for Unity (even with the help of RAM Map, 8GB was barely enough), so yes. I'm about to move up again to 16GB, which, in hindsight, I should have done back when I upgraded to 12GB -- but I should be able to make most of the money back by selling my current sticks.

Flandy

It was selected as a participant by mistake and wasn't actually available to purchase.

I had to bump up my RAM to 12GB from 8GB for Unity (even with the help of RAM Map, 8GB was barely enough), so yes. I'm about to move up again to 16GB, which, in hindsight, I should have done back when I upgraded to 12GB -- but I should be able to make most of the money back by selling my current sticks.

I'm more concerned with the speed of the ram than the amount tbh

For gaming purpose? You don't really need to, but you can.

And you're using a PC, what happened to screenshot tools?

Go away bully ;_;

thats a cool desktop background
Thanks :) I love the box art for Gravity Rush remastered so I made it my wallpaper.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm hard pressed to think of a real world usage scenario where the speed of your RAM becomes noticeable. Large file video editing? 3D rendering? In web servers? I imagine it'd have to be a pretty large jump in speed to notice it for loading levels or something.

I had 4GB RAM for a good long while and the only time I ran into out of memory errors was when I was messing around with Skyrim and it's modding tools. Never managed it with multiple tabs or videos playing.

Trying to boot up Contradiction and all I'm getting is a white screen. Anybody has similar problems like this?

I want to play me some Jenks. =[

Tizoc

I'm looking for gift ideas, can you suggest me a good game around 10€ with a really good soundtrack?

Undertale does sound good.
Shovel Knight is on sale atm over at Humblebundle I think.
There's also Kero Blaster.

please tell me what the brothers karamazov or gravity's rainbow of visual novels is

also 999 and Ace Attorney aren't visual novels they are adventure games.

Then by that token a variety of Visual Novels are adventure games as well.

me0wish

VP:TiP is the reason why I don't regret getting a 360, and the reason why I keep it, as someone who hates consoles and simulation like games, VP was a big surprise for me.

dex3108

Hmm i have found GTX 970 Gigabyte Windforce 3 for 320 euros (around 340$) here at my place via online retailer. That is not that bad pice if we look around stores who are selling it for 400 euros (around 425$) but i still don't know if they have good return policy and warranty like store has. If i decide to buy it i think i could sell my GTX 760 for at least 150 euros so adding 170 euros is not that bad at all. But i think that i will wait couple more months.

MUnited83

For you.
eh no trust me ive "played" through a few. Some good, most bad. But me being a westerner in the US, even some of the better ones dont hold a candle to storys presented in games like TR or Fallout, IMO of course. That could be a translation or culture thing but i find most Eastern content these days lacking in the story area no matter the quality of gameplay.

wait wut.

are u serious

couldn't you find better examples than TR and Fallout? Two of the most horrendously written games?

Go play some Christine Love games now!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm i have found GTX 970 Gigabyte Windforce 3 for 320 euros (around 340$) here at my place via online retailer. That is not that bad pice if we look around stores who are selling it for 400 euros (around 425$) but i still don't know if they have good return policy and warranty like store has. If i decide to buy it i think i could sell my GTX 760 for at least 150 euros so adding 170 euros is not that bad at all. But i think that i will wait couple more months.

Thanks to the crappy AUD, I could sell my 980 for the price I bought it for back in March ($650), which has me toying with the idea of upgrading to a Ti (~$850 shipped from Amazon) -- but deep down I know I don't really need it, especially at 1080p. I'd happily go SLI if support weren't spotty these days. It's a shame as my pair of 2GB 670s served me quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom