• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
That feel when you craft 4,50$ booster packs every day, because no one has the game (it hasnt been released) and build up money for the steamsale.

Edit: And a chinese Shmup is being released tommorow (?. its at the top of the coming soon list):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/348240/

header.jpg
what game ?

It is a pretty eh title, but a fair few Telltale titles are so I often ask myself if I'm asking too much of them, their writers, and their engine.

I tried to not kill people. Didn't work in my favour because well, GoT.

I think I'm done buying Telltale games at release. One of the big reasons to buy an episodic game early is to discuss the events in the game, the differences that other players experience in their version and to speculate on what happens next. Unfortunately with Telltale stuff I've stopped caring about all this because you know it's the same for everyone. The only upside is that Telltale stuff is now pretty cheap in my Steam store (~$10 for a full season of anything) so sales will make them cost next to nothing.

I thought Game of Thrones was particularly egregious in the fact that they didn't actually wrap up the stories because they knew that a sequel is coming. A year of bullshit and then you're left hanging for resolution in the next game? No thanks.

Lain

Emily is Away

Not sure I like how in the end picking some direct questions resulted in my alter ego deleting the question to ask something else which ended up bringing to a 3 goodbye choice. Or how all the last questions reeks of desperation despite not going from a desperate angle up to that point. I guess it's an interesting idea, but I dunno... feels somewhat like a waste. Nothing like Digital and I don't think I like Emily's personality or, well, the personality that is shown.

dex3108

I am really enjoying in AC Syndicate. It is really atmospheric game and stealth is much better then in Unity. Here i can clear mission without being noticed and that wasn't possible in AC Unity because they would place tons of enemies and as soon as one notice you all enemies in area are alarmed. I love characters and music too.

But i really hate how they put both twins in cutscenes even though only one arrived at mission marker. And i still hate dumb collectibles placements. Why is so hard to put those collectibles in places where it makes sense? I can't say that they didn't try this time but i am still disappointed when i see some items that should be "secrets" placed in such way that everybody could take them.

And as always Ubi art team killed it this time too. London is beautiful and many places are breathtaking.

i've been wanting to up my ram memory, but i don't know whether i should get an extra 8gb 1600mhz to get a total of 16gb, or ditch my current 8gb and get a new 8gb with 2400mhz. so basically it comes down to more or faster memory? to a pc noob like me they sound very much alike. what are their respective benefits? i primarily use my pc for gaming, and some statistics programs (spss) for school.

I got 8gb of ram atm, if i buy 1 or 2 more sticks of 4g ram how much of an improvement am i seeing? I got a gtx970, i play most of my games on high/ultra on 60fps most of the time, at 1080p. You're probably wondering why id want more ram, well thing is i got a 120fps monitor and i very rarely get to take advantage of those extra 60fps so i was wondering if more ram would help me reach that 120fps. Also if it does, does it have to be the same brand and shit as the one i got now or can it be any brand?

Knurek

I got 8gb of ram atm, if i buy 1 or 2 more sticks of 4g ram how much of an improvement am i seeing? I got a gtx970, i play most of my games on high/ultra on 60fps most of the time, at 1080p. You're probably wondering why id want more ram, well thing is i got a 120fps monitor and i very rarely get to take advantage of those extra 60fps so i was wondering if more ram would help me reach that 120fps. Also if it does, does it have to be the same brand and shit as the one i got now or can it be any brand?

Additional RAM beyond 8GB won't help you reach 120 fps.
It will help you not having to close Chrome/whatever everytime you try to play never games though.

Does Trails in the Sky 2 use your save data from the first game at all(sidequests and such too)? Remember enough from the PC version that I could probably read a recap and be ready for the second game given the PC version of the first isn't on sale at the moment.

Knurek

Does Trails in the Sky 2 use your save data from the first game at all(sidequests and such too)? Remember enough from the PC version that I could probably read a recap and be ready for the second game given the PC version of the first isn't on sale at the moment.

If you have maximum BP from first game you get some small bonuses.

Eila

Yes. You get extra dialogue lines with many NPCs you helped before, some give you some minor items. You also keep your level, but only up to 40. If you don't use a save data you start at 35.
You can also use the save from the GoG or the japanese version, however you played the first one.

Parsnip

What FF do you guys think will be next? I would have said the iOS version of 6, but seeing how poorly 5 sold, I'm not sure they'll bother with the mobile porting anymore. They've sort of run out of recent 3D games have they not? Which is impressive considering the series had almost no presence on Steam as little as 2 years ago.
Frankly I would prefer if they ported Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore (also Terranigma from Enix side of things) instead of more FF. And they should also re-translate Terranigma.

Mana has an ios version, so that's probably coming at some point as a hot garbage DetEmu port, like all those other ios versions.

So I can only activate Elder Scrolls Online on Steam if I buy from Steam right? Its cheap on Bundlestars and I am debating but I will wait for steam sale if thats the only way to get on Steam

Thanks for the responses, might just wait then if you get extra dialogue. Played the PSP version and that obviously doesn't transfer and I'd rather play the second one on the PC at this point(have a vita and psp but why go for the inferior version)

Eggnog and bourbon day, woot woot.

Payday 2 apology...Haha

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/85928399508949511

Thanks for the responses, might just wait then if you get extra dialogue. Played the PSP version and that obviously doesn't transfer and I'd rather play the second one on the PC at this point(have a vita and psp but why go for the inferior version)

Eggnog and bourbon day, woot woot.
Hey, hey. Grab the save file from the OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130951

Follow the instructions. If it doesn't work, tell me, i'll tell you what to do then.

Additional RAM beyond 8GB won't help you reach 120 fps.
It will help you not having to close Chrome/whatever everytime you try to play never games though.
Lame. The dream is dead
So I can only activate Elder Scrolls Online on Steam if I buy from Steam right? Its cheap on Bundlestars and I am debating but I will wait for steam sale if thats the only way to get on Steam
Just so you know, game isnt that fun. Story is boring as hell and combat is really eh. But for what its worth, it held my attention for about a week before i just had enough

Lame. The dream is dead

Just so you know, game isnt that fun. Story is boring as hell and combat is really eh. But for what its worth, it held my attention for about a week before i just had enough

Yea it is like 15$ CDN on bundlestars, that is about the sweet spot for me. I will probably try to get it to work with a controller as well. But it has to be a Steam key or no deal!

Lain

I was looking at the Emily is Away steam forum (yeah, yeah, I'm an idiot) to see if there was some discussion about more than just 1 ending, and came upon this pearl. What surprised me the most is how someone could mix up Christine Love and Zoe Quinn.
Not only spewing bullshit, but targeting the wrong person. Amazing, in a way.

i like how they apologize for promising they wouldn't add safes, not for adding safes

so there are still safes, but they're sorry they lied and said they wouldn't be and pls keep giving us money

not cool
Like they couldve just made payday 3 f2p and had their safes, or updated payday 2 to be f2p and for people thst already bought the game get like 10 safes and keys. There are like dozens of better ways they couldve handled that update

Kriken

i like how they apologize for promising they wouldn't add safes, not for adding safes

so there are still safes, but they're sorry they lied and said they wouldn't be and pls keep giving us money

not cool

"We're sorry you're mad at us, not that we made you upset"

zkylon

zkylewd
Like they couldve just made payday 3 f2p and had their safes, or updated payday 2 to be f2p and for people thst already bought the game get like 10 safes and keys. There are like dozens of better ways they couldve handled that update
as someone that's against randomized for money stuff (aka gambling) in videogames i wouldn't be cool with anything they did with safes, but they could've played all of this so much better

you know you're in a fucked up situation if forums mods just up and quit

"We're sorry you're mad at us, not that we made you upset"

pretty much

as someone that's against randomized for money stuff (aka gambling) in videogames i wouldn't be cool with anything they did with safes, but they could've played all of this so much better

you know you're in a fucked up situation if forums mods just up and quit

pretty much
I dont like randomized shit like that either but if they insisted on it there were better ways to go at it

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is there a setting I can turn off somewhere that disables the Xbox 360 controller's guide button from turning on big picture mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom