• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

untitled43xz08.png

Zky I don't think anyone is outraged. Just a clear case of things changing just like you said.
Since games do change a lot through the development and touched up screens and videos has been commonplace for awhile.
Doesn't mean people have to like it, but not like there's anything any of us can really do. It's sort of like the witcher "downgrade".
Game is still good, but people can still be upset over the false advertising. But at the end of the say they should still play it if it's something they could enjoy.

zkylon

zkylewd
things changing is perfectly normal in videogames. performance issues, cut features and adding new stuff are all parts of game development.

game making is an iterative process and sometimes solutions aren't the greatest. new vegas removed all the ulysses stuff because they couldn't fit him in the timeframe allotted, c'est la vie, i'm not gonna freak out beacuse of that.

these pictures actually show how they didn't have a good looking skybox for the area and they added it after taking the screens. should've they not added the skybox because screenshots have to be 100% representative of the final game?

that tweet is a really bad example that's only meant to make ppl get mad or outrage over nothing. it's not even a bullshot or anything, this is not a full video like dark souls that shows completely different lighting, just an area that got changed during development and looks pretty much the same in the game except for a few details

there's real stuff to freak out in fo4, like how this game has arguably one of the worst dialogue systems in rpg history or how you can't kill everyone anyone or how combat is still shit or how the ui is awful or how you're forced into being a minutemen if u want to build a settlement or whatever. ppl should complain about that

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185604260&postcount=11456

Last of these from me. I have left a lot of clues in this thread already, some obvious others not so much. Feel free to help each other if this doesn't get it solved.

You need to reorder the pics by using the word "sea" as a guide.

There a 3 groups of pics. The first identifies the game, the second leads to a certain part of the game, and the third tells you what the answer is basically. You can Google all of this fairly quickly even if you have not played the game providing you correctly deciper what the pics mean. Autocomplete can help you too.

There is a trivia section in the "give stuff away with ModBot" thread linked in the OP. It might help you if you are wondering how to submit an answer or what an answer should not contain.

Best of luck.

Yeah man it's been great, Netflix is really killing it with their Marvel stuff, it's got me even more excited for Luke Cage and Iron Fist now.

Apparently the dude who plays Punisher in Daredevil season 2 did so well that now he's getting his own show too. The Punisher is fucking rad so im excited for that

I don't get it.

I bought Cities Skylines while I was in Southeast Asia ages ago. I tried to gift it to someone in New Zealand but couldn't because region locks.

Now I'm in New Zealand. I actually filed a ticket to remove the game so I can rebuy it. I didn't wait for any ticket resolution. I just try launching the game but it works fine. Is the activation restriction different from launch restriction?

Apparently the dude who plays Punisher in Daredevil season 2 did so well that now he's getting his own show too. The Punisher is fucking rad so im excited for that

Yeah the rumor is that Punisher will be getting his own series instead of Iron Fist and Iron Fist will potentially get a movie instead. All leading up to a Defenders series.

Jawmuncher

Last of these from me. I have left a lot of clues in this thread already, some obvious others not so much. Feel free to help each other if this doesn't get it solved.

You need to reorder the pics by using the word "sea" as a guide.

There a 3 groups of pics. The first identifies the game, the second leads to a certain part of the game, and the third tells you what the answer is basically. You can Google all of this fairly quickly even if you have not played the game providing you correctly deciper what the pics mean. Autocomplete can help you too.

There is a trivia section in the "give stuff away with ModBot" thread linked in the OP. It might help you if you are wondering how to submit an answer or what an answer should not contain.

Best of luck.

Ok Everyone this is what google auto complete lists

Image One: (No autocmplete added)
Image Two: Sarah Palin
Image Three: Christmas Decoration
Image Four: Say
Image Five: flan recipe
Image Six: Philip J Fry
Image Seven: Street Fighter X Tekken Poison
Image Eight: Burger King The King
Image Nine: ray stevens
Image Ten: Cinderlla midnight

We also know the game is 19.99 and that SEA is related to the image order

Maybe Hints:
What did I miss? Oh, a Lightning strike.

Modbot is not 411ing me so I assume SteamGAF has trivia failed another day. If you can solve the trivia before LR is available for preorder I will do a pre-release trivia for it.

I am not liking your chances.
Just checking in the see (not sea of course) how everyone is doing. Returning to real-life for a few days most likely; struggle on in my absence. PMs about it are starting to trickle in. Good luck SteamGAF.

EDIT - Oh yeah, it you can figure out which game and can make sense of the rest of the clues you can Google your way to success. You don't have to have knowledge of the game that much.
Fight the chaos Bayo, fight the chaos.

EDIT - If SteamGAF can't get this one how will they get the Lightning Returns one I will inevitably do?

-Modbot isn't just giving you a hint, he/she/it is telling you to do something.
-All the images have labels for some strange reason.
-My favorite Futurama episode is Roswell That Ends Well.
I tried to find a good balance. If it is too easy it's like "why bother," and if it is too hard everyone tells me to eat a dick.

I will drop a hint if no one has gotten it in a day or two. There is one nasty part of it that some posters have poked near.

It is only a $20 game though, sorry.

Post With Quotes and Hints: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185884949&postcount=12880

Roswell that Ends well Wikipedia Page

Monooboe

I'm wondering though, why they changed that Fallout 4 area between screenshots, it's a small area and could easily handle the first screenshot.o_O

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm wondering though, why they changed that Fallout 4 area between screenshots, it's a small area and could easily handle the first screenshot.o_O

The consoles have performence problems, having those things there might be the difference of 30 fps to sub-30fps.

Jawmuncher

It might be Final Fantasy XIII-2, but I have no clue what the answer would be.
Pulled that out of my ass though just because of all the Final Fantasy LR talk.

Messiah

It might be Final Fantasy XIII-2, but I have no clue what the answer would be.
Pulled that out of my ass though just because of all the Final Fantasy LR talk.

Would line up with the chaos bit and the sea though. But I have no fucking clue how to link anything to the pictures.

MUnited83

For you.
things changing is perfectly normal in videogames. performance issues, cut features and adding new stuff are all parts of game development.

game making is an iterative process and sometimes solutions aren't the greatest. new vegas removed all the ulysses stuff because they couldn't fit him in the timeframe allotted, c'est la vie, i'm not gonna freak out beacuse of that.

these pictures actually show how they didn't have a good looking skybox for the area and they added it after taking the screens. should've they not added the skybox because screenshots have to be 100% representative of the final game?

that tweet is a really bad example that's only meant to make ppl get mad or outrage over nothing. it's not even a bullshot or anything, this is not a full video like dark souls that shows completely different lighting, just an area that got changed during development and looks pretty much the same in the game except for a few details

there's real stuff to freak out in fo4, like how this game has arguably one of the worst dialogue systems in rpg history or how you can't kill everyone anyone or how combat is still shit or how the ui is awful or how you're forced into being a minutemen if u want to build a settlement or whatever. ppl should complain about that
Talking out dynamic light seems similar to the Dark Souls 2 lightning debacle... I mean , not the same scope to be sure. But it is a similar issue.

Parsnip

Is there a setting I can turn off somewhere that disables the Xbox 360 controller's guide button from turning on big picture mode?

I was just wondering about this couple of days ago myself, and found this post on the steam forums.
The Win8 version works with Win10 as well, in case you have upgraded.

Messiah

Okay if the game really is FFXIII-2 this is what I got.

Sarah Palin - Serah Farron?
Flan Image - that mission where you fight the King Flan?
Poison Image - That alternate ending where
Mog poisons everyone?
Burger King image - King Flan?
Christmas Decoration - Noel

Vamphuntr

Okay if the game really is FFXIII-2 this is what I got.

Sarah Palin - Serah Farron?
Flan Image - that mission where you fight the King Flan?
Poison Image - That alternate ending where
Mog poisons everyone?
Burger King image - King Flan?

Would make sense with the time travelling episode of Futurama

SVP v4.0 is out and it is a blast! Artifact on videos is basically gone on my end and generally, all video consumption got significantly better. Go get it!
Aw, atmosphere is lost quite a bit :(
Mods will fix it someday I'm sure ( ._.)
New Star Citizen stuff, a small version of the persistent universe is in the latest public test build for players, I'm about to start downloading. Looks incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC17567Zg8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqmHWmS7rA8
I didn't get an update when starting the launcher. Eurgh, not hot on redownloading everything from scratch again. It's so big!

Every hint is confusing my tiny head more and more.
tumblr_nljo8zH7pB1uqfcywo1_500.gif

I still gotta finish season 2 of this show, I watched like 4 or 5 and stopped. Not cause it was boring or anything, its just I started doing other shit and never got back to it. I'll just restart the whole season 2 during winter break.

zkylon

zkylewd
I still gotta finish season 2 of this show, I watched like 4 or 5 and stopped. Not cause it was boring or anything, its just I started doing other shit and never got back to it. I'll just restart the whole season 2 during winter break.
nah, it was boring

i heard it gets better later on but so fucking boring

Dr Dogg

I don't think the removal of a couple of point lights, a TOD change (then again Fallout 4 has dynamic TOD) and some geomentary and NPC missing is something worth throwing your toys out of the pram over when this game has much bigger issues, especially on consoles. It's not like anything in that scene is crazy complex with volumetrics likes out the arsehole or anything, just a sexed up version to show off that one character with some odd props omitted for what ever reason (could be a chicken or egg scenario when that scene was handed off to a seperate team to do cinematics for the trailer).

I played Mushihimesama a little and I'm a bit to confused to what your hitbox actually is placed because sometimes it felt I could be hit by a shot but it didn't hit, other times I thought I could pass without being hit but got hit by a shot. Can anyone recommend a guide for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom