• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking more about using autocomplete to help you once you got the clues but it seems to have worked out this way as well. The community is close; or are they?

Someone is going to be pissed when they figure this part out.
It's a mystery to me and it gets to me that others apparently got a clue or two :/

david bowie goes well with video games

David_Bowie.jpg

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Valkyria Chronicles plot spoilers

You can't just subvert killing off the sister in the beginning, only to actually do it halfway through the game when I'm emotionally invested in her. Who the fuck allowed this shit

I didn't sign up for this

;_;

Now you know how I felt 6 years ago. Especially since you don't see it coming like at all, it isn't alluded to in anyway.
This is the worst fucking part about it. At least give me some foreshadowing, damn it. Besides the
"none of you can die" thing, because fuck kid, you were the one who did.
:(

You can't just subvert killing off the sister in the beginning, only to actually do it halfway through the game when I'm emotionally invested in her. Who the fuck allowed this shit

;_;
Now you know how I felt 6 years ago. Especially since you don't see it coming like at all, it isn't alluded to in anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd

;_;

This is the worst fucking part about it. At least give me some foreshadowing, damn it. Besides the
"none of you can die" thing, because fuck kid, you were the one who did.
:(
yea that part is so damn sad

Tizoc

I just put 2+ hours into the pc version of Arkham Knigt.
I still want to refund it doe =_=
Can't stand this FPS.

I didn't get an update when starting the launcher. Eurgh, not hot on redownloading everything from scratch again. It's so big!

It's a PTU (Public Test Universe) build at the moment so you have to opt in and redownload the new build all together, should have clarified with my original post, if I was you I would just wait until the official build is pushed then just download that, I shouldn't be more than a week or two I would imagine.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
New Star Citizen stuff, a small version of the persistent universe is in the latest public test build for players, I'm about to start downloading. Looks incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC17567Zg8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqmHWmS7rA8

That looks pretty good, but I have to say that the flight model and combat still doesn't look as good as Elite's is. However, first person mode looks great, a bit janky but not too far off from being complete by the looks of it.

It's a PTU (Public Test Universe) build at the moment so you have to opt in and redownload the new build all together, should have clarified with my original post, if I was you I would just wait until the official build is pushed then just download that, I shouldn't be more than a week or two I would imagine.
Ah yes, that makes sense simce I was about to make a clean install but on SC's page it was still 1.3 being adversized. I really need to read up on the SC thread here, especially graphical customizations. Thanks man, looking forward to your 2.0 impressions o/

drakaenae

I may not be a programmer, but how long do you figure it would take for a solo first-year game design student to code Hearts?
Depends on what the student wants to achieve and how much coding the experience the student has.

I would say it would take 1 - 2 months for a first-year student with prior experience to make a clone of the current Hearts game on windows.

Could take years depending on what you want to achieve. (e.g. making better AI, 3D graphics, multiplayer experience, etc.)

Red Hood

Banned
I just put 2+ hours into the pc version of Arkham Knigt.
I still want to refund it doe =_=
Can't stand this FPS.

Good news for you then: WB has said they'll accept refunds from anyone until the end of this year. Whether you have played it for 30 minutes or 60 hours.

yuraya

Why are people buying games when we are like 4 days away from the autumn sale? And like 4 weeks away from winter sale..Why SteamGAF??? Calm down and control yourself damn it.

Khronico

Finished Mad Max this morning.

It's good. It's a very pretty ubi-esque open world game with batman combat and a neat vehicle combat hook. Pretty enjoyable if a bit too repetitive and grindy (like most other ubi-esque open world games).

Now I've moved on to Shadow of Mordor, another very pretty ubi-esque open world game with batman combat. It's fine but I'm not enjoying it as much as Mad Max. The nemesis system is neat but so far I don't really care about it that much. I'm kinda baffled at how positive the response was to this game, it's like a 6/10 at best, which isn't BAD, but not amazing in any way except for the nemesis system. I hope another developer copies it and puts it in a much better game.

Why are people buying games when we are like 4 days away from the autumn sale? And like 4 weeks away from winter sale..Why SteamGAF??? Calm down and control yourself damn it.

Because refunds, man.

They've altered everything I've known to be true. South is now north. Today is now tomorrow. Worries are now no worries.

Basically, refunds have made me Australian.

oipic

It's good. It's a very pretty ubi-esque open world game with batman combat and a neat vehicle combat hook. Pretty enjoyable if a bit too repetitive and grindy (like most other ubi-esque open world games).

Now I've moved on to Shadow of Mordor, another very pretty ubi-esque open world game with batman combat. It's fine but I'm not enjoying it as much as Mad Max. The nemesis system is neat but so far I don't really care about it that much. I'm kinda baffled at how positive the response was to this game, it's like a 6/10 at best, which isn't BAD, but not amazing in any way except for the nemesis system. I hope another developer copies it and puts it in a much better game.

Interesting to hear that, Khronico - I just finished up Mad Max yesterday, after a little over 100 hours, and have the same plan to start Shadow of Mordor next (just having a little break first with some shorter/smaller gaming morsels in between). The last few Mad Max achievements were a bit grindy, but I even loved that... so guess I just happen to fall right into its target audience.

Some of the reviews for Mad Max suggested that there's elements of a great game there that don't quite add up (which I don't necessarily agree with), and I've heard the same with Mordor - both have very solid foundations for improved sequels is another thing I've seen written a few times.

I really enjoyed Mad Max, and while I know its formula isn't for everyone, those with whom it 'clicks' are going to love it. Word of mouth could see this become something of a Steam sale darling in the years to come, I hope. Its release timing wasn't ideal, unfortunately.

Sober

Mad Max had fairly interesting mechanics but they either didn't have much depth or there wasn't enough variety in the end for it to be much. It is pretty as hell though despite it being "just desert" and the encounter and stronghold designs are really cool.

Shadow of Mordor is not that great, it's like a 7/10 game but when it released there was literally nothing else coming out so it felt more like a 9/10 game. It loses most of its charm when you get a hold of the combat (easy if you come from the Arkham games and are good at that) and you start picking up upgrades.

r3n4ud

Why not if they're new games. Pretty much what I and others are buying.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I played Mushihimesama a little and I'm a bit to confused to what your hitbox actually is placed because sometimes it felt I could be hit by a shot but it didn't hit, other times I thought I could pass without being hit but got hit by a shot. Can anyone recommend a guide for it?

Well I don't know a guide but if you hold the regular shot button you'll slow down and reveal your hitbox, so that'll help give you an idea of where it is.

Lomax

Pretty sure like 90% of the positive reception to Mordor was about the nemesis system.

mxgt

Banned
Anything I can do but wait if Steam Guard doesn't send me an e-mail?

Did fine yesterday but not today in 1 hour+, really annoying

edit: nvm did it by phone app

jediyoshi

Mostly agree. Conceptually, I like the nemesis system. In execution, I always just felt punished for experimenting/failing.

Mostly agree. Conceptually, I like the nemesis system. In execution, I always just felt punished for experimenting/failing.

My only gripe with the nemesis system was that I didn't want to kill my nemesis. I always felt over powered and never had a chance to naturally develop conflict with the enemies, they died too easily unless I purposefully let them live.

It would be a wonderful system to see put to use in a different setting, spies, organised crime (mafia, yakuza etc) or even the underground racing style games like most wanted could put it to an interesting use. In Mordor it just felt under utilised.

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure if i wanna rewatch the old star wars movies

i like em but they're like 2 hours long each

i wish i had overwatch :<

Lingitiz

It never really worked out for me since I never created any connection with my nemesis. A system built on the player dying is kind of inherently flawed though.

gelf

It never really worked out for me since I never created any connection with my nemesis. A system built on the player dying is kind of inherently flawed though.

This is why I suspect I'd not get full value out of SoM if I tried it as I'm assuming Assassins Batman style combat isn't going to kill me that much. The Nemsis system would make more sense in a game where death is almost inevitable because the fights are actually punishing like a Ninja Gaiden or Dark Souls or simply in a game were death isn't what causes the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom