• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

My only gripe with the nemesis system was that I didn't want to kill my nemesis. I always felt over powered and never had a chance to naturally develop conflict with the enemies, they died too easily unless I purposefully let them live.

It would be a wonderful system to see put to use in a different setting, spies, organised crime (mafia, yakuza etc) or even the underground racing style games like most wanted could put it to an interesting use. In Mordor it just felt under utilised.

A different setting, like perhaps Batman?

iosefe

so i decided to check Konami's Twitter...
euAajq2.png
well, at least they know that they suck

zkylon

zkylewd
man last ash vs evil dead episode had a real powerglove moment that gave me quite a scare

hopefully that'll be the last of that

i hate powerglove references

so i saw star wars for the first time (the first one from the original trilogy) and these are the main things I got out of it:

Luke is a dick, how is his family killed and right away my mans goes "k lets go, i got nothing to do here anymore". like he gave no fucks whatsoever. I liked that.

Why is there a robot that speaks english and another one that speaks bee bop boo? They need a robot to translate a robot... and then they fixed the bee bop boo robot to look brand new and no one thought "yo, this robot is dumb, lets give it a speaking module or something so we can understand it without the help of another robot". I hate the bee bop boo robot.

and lastly, the death star is dumb.

overall I thought it was alright, really slow start though. I'll watch the sequel tomorrow.

Jawmuncher

so i saw star wars for the first time (the first one from the original trilogy) and these are the main things I got out of it:

Luke is a dick, how is his family killed and right away my mans goes "k lets go, i got nothing to do here anymore". like he gave no fucks whatsoever. I liked that.

Why is there a robot that speaks english and another one that speaks bee bop boo? They need a robot to translate a robot... and then they fixed the bee bop boo robot to look brand new and no one thought "yo, this robot is dumb, lets give it a speaking module or something so we can understand it without the help of another robot". I hate the bee bop boo robot.

overall I thought it was alright, really slow start though. I'll watch the sequel tomorrow.

Kid, Don't get cocky.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Empire Strikes back is a much slower burn than A New Hope, but really sets the dramatic and political stage for Return of the Jedi, which does a lot to resolve what Empire spends two hours setting up. It's often cited as the weakest of the three, but I liked it just fine!

zkylon

zkylewd
im watching star wars 5 right now actually

i don't remember anything about this movie lol

why are these movies so fucking long tho lol

Empire Strikes back is a much slower burn than A New Hope, but really sets the dramatic and political stage for Return of the Jedi, which does a lot to resolve what Empire spends two hours setting up. It's often cited as the weakest of the three, but I liked it just fine!

who thought that was a good idea? the intro for a new hope barely held my attention, i was on my phone a lot cause it was so boring. :( i hope its at least interesting. Also I hope Luke continues to give as little fucks as humanly possible, thats my favorite thing about him. I really laughed so hard when he only gave 1 really tiny fuck about his family dying. what he basically said was 'oh okay, i don't got chores no more so i can go with you' lmfaoo

RIGHT!? i was like when the fuck does this movie end though? i was almost gonna stop watching it and just finish it tomorrow.
All I know is Han Solo is like the greatest hero of the series. Even counting carbonite.

i like him too

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Lucas conceived the trilogy as one giant mash of ideas in a single script at first, imagine how long that would have been!

who thought that was a good idea? the intro for a new hope barely held my attention, i was on my phone a lot cause it was so boring. :( i hope its at least interesting. Also I hope Luke continues to give as little fucks as humanly possible, thats my favorite thing about him. I really laughed so hard when he only gave 1 really tiny fuck about his family dying. what he basically said was 'oh okay, i don't got chores no more so i can go with you' lmfaoo

It starts off with a battle sequence pretty early on, but from that point forward it mostly cuts between segments showing the different moves each set of characters makes in their respective parts of the galaxy. A New Hope was where we got to meet each of the characters and learn about their surface-level traits, Empire Strikes Back digs a bit deeper into the characters. Well, as deep as anything Lucas is involved with goes.

Accoun

It's often cited as the weakest of the three, but I liked it just fine!

Wait, are you talking about Empire Strikes Back? Because it's my favorite and I thought it was considered as the best one? Or are you talking about Return Of The Jedi, which I thought was considered the worst of the old trilogy.

OH OH OH, I forgot, the weirdest thing about New Hope. So the bar that is like somewhere around the early middle, when we meet han solo. That place is straight up backwards. We're cool if you cut off someone's arm, also feel free to kill someone here too. BUT WE DON'T SERVE ROBOTS, THATS WHERE WE DRAW THE LINE!! what an odd thing not to allow when you literally allow murder in your bar. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me (the bee bop boo robot does), its just a head scratcher is all.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wait, are you talking about Empire Strikes Back? Because it's my favorite and I thought it was considered as the best one? Or are you talking about Return Of The Jedi, which I thought was considered the worst of the old trilogy.

Attitudes must have changed a bit since I last really bothered talking Star Wars, so that might be the case now, but I remember some years ago it was in vogue to prefer RotJ over Empire. I've spent many a year feeling as though I was in the minority there! ;-;

Uzzy

I want to rewind these past two weeks and play Life is Strange afresh. DONTNOD have buried their game into my mind, damn it.

Caerith

OH OH OH, I forgot, the weirdest thing about New Hope. So the bar that is like somewhere around the early middle, when we meet han solo. That place is straight up backwards. We're cool if you cut off someone's arm, also feel free to kill someone here too. BUT WE DON'T SERVE ROBOTS, THATS WHERE WE DRAW THE LINE!! what an odd thing not to allow when you literally allow murder in your bar. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me (the bee bop boo robot does), its just a head scratcher is all.

Bars are businesses. Robots don't drink. People who kill other people do.

All this Fallout talk around is making thirsty so I'll do another Unarmed/Explosion build again. Punching the fuck out of everything close ranged and exploding everyone else is the best.

yea it's mostly that i wish they were shorter, not really a fault of the movies

I agree that the movies were a little slow-paced, but I don't think they're too long. However, I think your opinion is the prevailing one, and can see the future already:

Jaden Smith stars as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode IV Part 1, coming Christmas 2026
Episode IV part 2 coming Christmas 2027

Jawmuncher

Yeah I didn't mind Episode 4 and 5, but I felt they dragged as well watching them recently.

Not as bad as Episode 2 though. Episode 1 is a masterpiece compared to that thing.
Not even Jango Fett could save it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i honestly wish most movies were shorter in general

i feel like there's rarely a reason to make movies longer than hour and a half

like i'm not saying apocalypse now should've been shorter or whatever, and i've watched a bunch of 4/5 hour movies and i'm ok with them, but at the same time i think 2hrs being the norm is longer than i think should be

I need money and interest and currently lacking on both.

You're gonna love it. It has prinnies.

i honestly wish most movies were shorter in general

i feel like there's rarely a reason to make movies longer than hour and a half

like i'm not saying apocalypse now should've been shorter or whatever, and i've watched a bunch of 4/5 hour movies and i'm ok with them, but at the same time i think 2hrs being the norm is longer than i think should be

wat? there are 5 hour movies? jesus christ, I'd never watch something that long in one sitting. It would take me like 3 days or more to finish something that long

WTF at this episode 4 and 5 stuff. How old are some of you?

I'm 22. I've tried to watch star wars before but i shit you not, i stop in that intro with all the reading. If i wanted to read I'd read a fucking book :mad: I had to skip the intro that way it could hold onto my attention. Only reason I'm watching the original trilogy is cause that new movie looks pretty good so yea. I mean I already know all the major stuff of star wars but I'd still like to see the original trilogy before I (might) watch the new one.

Jawmuncher

WTF at this episode 4 and 5 stuff. How old are some of you?

For me Star Wars has always been more about it's universe than it's films for me.
I've enjoyed a lot of games set within it, even before seeing the films (still haven't seen 6).
If anything I think a big chunk is that us younger folk expect more jedi fights and action, which is not what 4 and 5 necessarily are. Episode 1 has more enjoyable action than those films. But thats just a case of the era and budget on those films.

Since we're talking about long movies, I just watched Apocalypse Now Redux for the first time. Wow thats a great movie but three hours made me split it in half between yesterday and today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom