• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

In my defense 3 is at the top because as I said it offers up what I want. There's a lot of action and some really cool fights. The original trilogy due to age doesn't exactly offer up the same sort of action scenes. I will say however original trilogy by far has the better heroes and aesthetic. I much prefer the run down ugly sci fi to the way too clean prequels.

Real Talk there's some serious stuff there, especially stumps post.

Jawmuncher

I think he was referring to playing it on Veteran difficulty which is hilariously awful and was previously regarded as the pinnacle of COD bullshit difficulty.

I still remember the grenades. They haunt me in my sleep.
341157-call-of-duty-wxoy9v.jpg

Verdun is getting a Red Orchestra 2 style gore system in the next week, really want to spend more time with the game as I'm enjoyed the pacing with the few matches I've played.

And yeah, I like World at War and was referring to the grenade spam mode.

xGreg

Verdun is getting a Red Orchestra 2 style gore system in the next week, really want to spend more time with the game as I'm enjoyed the pacing with the few matches I've played.

And yeah, I like World at War and was referring to the grenade spam mode.

How is Verdun compared to Red Orchestra 2? I really like RO2.

Beating Blops 3 on realistic was a mistake. Didn't even get any cool unlocks and it's a horrible, broken mess that is 5 times worse than World at War on veteran.

What is this pain ;-;

I did this last week but just a reminder for anyone buying it now or later to AVOID
I would have dropped it.

The real problem with anime in the west (or world) is the generalizations.
"So I heard you watch One Piece, you must be also into K-On and have their swimsuit figures."

Caerith

The real problem with anime in the west (or world) is the generalizations.
"So I heard you watch One Piece, you must be also into K-On and have their swimsuit figures."

That's kinda true for any aspect of geek culture.
The generalizations, I mean, not the being into K-On.

Edit: Pillow joke was funnier in my drunken mind :p First time I've pulled it out of the Catherine collector's edition since it came out, lol.

How is Verdun compared to Red Orchestra 2? I really like RO2.
It's quite a bit different, you're encouraged to die more frequently due to the way they have the capture points set up. You rush a point for a certain period and if you're aren't able to maintain the new position you get pushed back to defend the previous point or you get executed. There's some really cool mechanics around mustard gas where you have to put on your mask which eliminates the majority of your vision.

Wanted to gift these to a friend, turns out she had them already. Also, it's the first Half Minute Hero, not the second one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-095FD4725A33580A - Taken by Lobogris. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-9AD0EE4633CAC8D3 - Taken by Flandy. 4 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-AFF2ED57A321A530 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.

t1448267609z1.png

Tizoc

The prequel trilogy of Star Wars are 8-9 hours of my life I'm not getting back. Just ignore them and watch the original trilogy-
https://www.facebook.com/despecialized/
Then The 3D (and 2D) Clone Wars series
Then watch Rebels

All you need to know from the prequel trilogy is that Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. How'd he become that? Best not to know, it wasn't adapted very well :V

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anime talk? Watch Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again , Saber Marionette J to X and Saber Marionette R.

30e0719cba.gif

iosefe

All you need to know from the prequel trilogy is that Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. How'd he become that? Best not to know, it wasn't adapted very well :V

all you really need is 3D Clone Wars and Episode 3 to get the idea behind the prequels

maybe skip a scene or two of 3

Has there been any indication that Just Cause 3 will be a good game this time around? Environment still completely lacks destructibility outside of a few red pipelines, mission design hasn't been shown off at all, and it's not like there's going to be clever writing to make up for any of that.

yuraya

The prequel trilogy of Star Wars are 8-9 hours of my life I'm not getting back. Just ignore them and watch the original trilogy-
https://www.facebook.com/despecialized/
Then The 3D (and 2D) Clone Wars series
Then watch Rebels

All 3 prequels were fun films. Kind of held back by bad cgi but otherwise very enjoyable. Especially Revenge of the Sith. RotS is easily the best Star Wars movie when it comes to telling a story and everything coming together.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Has there been any indication that Just Cause 3 will be a good game this time around? Environment still completely lacks destructibility outside of a few red pipelines, mission design hasn't been shown off at all, and it's not like there's going to be clever writing to make up for any of that.

ScalyApprehensiveChicken.gif

Tizoc

^Not yet at least, but we do have PSOne games on Steam being emulated.

Anime talk? Watch Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again , Saber Marionette J to X and Saber Marionette R.

30e0719cba.gif

Can't stand the eyes, but I'll watch it someday.

Y'all need One Punch Man in your lives.
Also JoJo.

Tizoc

All 3 prequels were fun films. Kind of held back by bad cgi but otherwise very enjoyable. Especially Revenge of the Sith. RotS is easily the best Star Wars movie when it comes to telling a story and everything coming together.

The problem with Revenge of the Sith is that the first half was fine, 2nd half was rushed, like Anakin succumbing to the Dark Side was done way too quickly with limited expanding or build up from the previous film AT LEAST.

First movie has good and bad parts all meshed into one movie.

The 2nd movie, Attack of the Clones is my fav., I dislike the first half but the last hour is good.

xGreg

It's quite a bit different, you're encouraged to die more frequently due to the way they have the capture points set up. You rush a point for a certain period and if you're aren't able to maintain the new position you get pushed back to defend the previous point or you get executed. There's some really cool mechanics around mustard gas where you have to put on your mask which eliminates the majority of your vision.

Wow, you die more playing Verdun? o_O... I almost quit playing Red Orchestra 2 because I was dying too much, so, Challenge Accepted! lol

I wishlist Verdun on Steam. I hope buy it soon.

Eila

Aria is better tho.

You are absolutely right.
fFeZGBF.jpg

Aria has two VNs on PS2 which can be emulated on PC which can be added to Steam as a non-steam game. You can also add the anime OST to steam music (which you should), making it doubly steam related.

Tizoc

That should tell you how bad prequel fans are.

No it doesn't, if people like the prequel trilogy, I really couldn't care less, enjoy what you enjoy.
I just dislike them and would not recommend them if one wants to 'catch up' to the Star Wars primary continuity. If one were convinced to watch them and end up liking them, then *shrugs* They do have some good stuff in them but their bad stuff compound on it.

Also get some good anime in yo life brah, starting with Cowboy Bebop & Samurai Champloo get some quality shows in yo life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3fN3OPk3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F87LlJxgZTk

Fuck I need dat Samurai Champloo bluray someday =_=

In an attempt to get back on discussion:

I've been playing Ichi as per Turfster's suggestion a while back.

The game is simple as all you need to do is collect dots by bouncing a ball. You control triangular shapes by rotating them or fading them in and out to redirect the ball. There's also a level editor as well. I've enjoyed the levels I've played since there's also an element of timing and reflexes to some of them. Made a few levels as well (go play them so I can get points :D).

Tizoc

That K-On was just a random example guys..

There's still a connection between anime and games though..
There are a bunch of anime games on PC (and steam). They wouldn't exist if not because of the anime. Not to mention the visual novels..

Anime was on PC since the 80s anyways, just look up Ys 1 art for example :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom