• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Another sale in two days? Man, the frequency this time of year is high.

FvsX48r.gif

Dr Dogg

Looking through my wishlist there really isn't that much I'm really interested in for the upcoming sales. Most of it is unreleased titles or ones that have just been released and too early for any discount. Outside of a few titles I'll probably pick up even if they only get a small discount I can't see me going crazy like I used too. Those were the days when everything was new and fresh and adding things to the library carried more meaning than just +1's *sigh*.

Uzzy

Pretty much in the same boat, unless I want to pick up a copy of Witcher 3 for Steam. Which would be pointless. Steam sales just aren't as important now that we have so many other sites that give great discounts throughout the year. Might pick up some DLC for a few games though.

Maybe we'll get a neat metagame?

Monooboe

My wish is for Mad Max or Dying Light to be on sale for 7.5 euros... sure I know it won't happen but thats all I have on my steamwallet.XD

fertygo

I'm still relatively new to Steam, so there's thing to buy for me I guess.

But you guys sure brought my hype down lol, if pubs holding deal for old game I wish there's some good deal for early access game like Grindea or Grim Dawn

Deques

I'm still relatively new to Steam, so there's thing to buy for me I guess.

But you guys sure brought my hype down lol, if pubs holding deal for old game I wish there's some good deal for early access game like Grindea or Grim Dawn

The Steam veteran in me tells me that Grindea wont get a deep discount while Grim Dawn might get 50% off at most.

Nzyme32

Aren't the prices of this autumn sale and then winter sale going to be identical? Usually, the prices carried over but different games were featured. Now it isn't going to matter since there is one discount active throughout.

Might as well shop this sale

fertygo

The Steam veteran in me tells me that Grindea wont get a deep discount while Grim Dawn might get 50% off at most.

Of course, that's why I'm saying if there's no good deal for old game (75%+)

33-50% for popular EA title seem another alternative for good value buy

http://swbstats.com/

PC: 13,965 (24h peak: 48,292)

This, solely, is the reason why I'm compelled to play the big, dumb multiplayer games on PS4, even when I know that two of the three draws for me with Battlefront (graphics and sound) would be so much better on my PC.

I'd have been more tempted had this been on Steam, but since I still have a Gamefly subscription that I'd been meaning to cancel, I might as well just have this game out for a while in that caliber. (Spoiler: the game is fucking awesome. Like I predicted, the shallow gameplay and bizarre balance can't match up to the power of STAR WARS.)

So, what's our speculation? Why can't an FPS capture the PC market? Too many better options? Too many cheaper options? Options like CS:GO, where you can actually make Steambucks by playing?

FF13-2 seems like a such a short game compared to other FF titles. I'm around 25 hours and on the last chapter. I haven't done many side areas or done much grinding, but I think FF13 took me about 40-50 hours or so.

Not that I'm complaining, don't really want it to overstay it's welcome, I'm just used to FF games being stupid long.

Aren't the prices of this autumn sale and then winter sale going to be identical? Usually, the prices carried over but different games were featured. Now it isn't going to matter since there is one discount active throughout.

Might as well shop this sale

I think they are generally the same, maybe ~5% difference on a rare occasion.

patapuf

This, solely, is the reason why I'm compelled to play the big, dumb multiplayer games on PS4, even when I know that two of the three draws for me with Battlefront (graphics and sound) would be so much better on my PC.

I'd have been more tempted had this been on Steam, but since I still have a Gamefly subscription that I'd been meaning to cancel, I might as well just have this game out for a while in that caliber. (Spoiler: the game is fucking awesome. Like I predicted, the shallow gameplay and bizarre balance can't match up to the power of STAR WARS.)

So, what's our speculation? Why can't an FPS capture the PC market? Too many better options? Too many cheaper options? Options like CS:GO, where you can actually make Steambucks by playing?

Battlefield does pretty well on PC and usually matches the console playercounts.

PC players are pretty particular about their FPS's, but i think the biggest factor by far is that big console shooters aren't supported for long enough and miss stuff like server browers, mods ect. Successful PC shooters like, CS, TF2, the old Battlefields, UT, Quake, COD until MW all fall into that category. They also play really well with MKB.

Basically, if you have a shelf life of 1 year you aren't going to be sucessful on the PC platform.

Then there's the other effect that lots of people have a console to play with friends anyway and just pick it up there.

What options in Just Cause 3 are NVIDIA GameWorks related? Seems like more and more devs are choosing to go down that road which is seriously aggravating as an AMD card owner.

Red Hood

Banned
Do we know when WB are adding all the Arkham games to our Steam library? I already own and love AA and AC, but it's been a while since I last played Origins and I'd like to replay it on better hardware (last time was on PS3).

Ludens

Banned
I've heard good things about this, and was originally tempted, but backed off when I heard this was primarily a co-op game. How's the single-player?

Co-op game? Lol no.
Co-op is simply a TOTALLY optional thing: did you play FFIX? It's the same thing.
without co-op you simply control each character in a turn based system like in every jrpg.

Playing factorio and battlefront last few days.
Factorio is extremely fun already wasted 30 hrs in it.
And now for battlefront,finally a casual shooter which I can pick up and play & have fun.even though there is like 4 maps in walker assult and supremecy but I enjoy the gameplay.A much needed break from cod and bf.

Ludens

Banned
Anyway I completed Lost Planet 3: remember, you can take back that dollar you spent on buying the HumbleBundle, but you won't take back the time wasted on this game.
In the end the game doesn't even try to provide you something new, it just throws you into horde-like situation in which you need to protect a target for several times until something it's done.
The end is super-crap:
basically you pass all the game defending this giant monster which should provide energy to the whole planet, ok? Well, dunno why, and REALLY I don't know why, the protagonist decides to kill this monster with no reason in the end.

r3n4ud

Playing factorio and battlefront last few days.
Factorio is extremely fun already wasted 30 hrs in it.
And now for battlefront,finally a casual shooter which I can pick up and play & have fun.even though there is like 4 maps in walker assult and supremecy but I enjoy the gameplay.A much needed break from cod and bf.
Really interested in Factorio, but scared of the difficulty factor. How easy is it to get into?

Just came around watching previous game shows, namely SCEJA. Dragon Quest Builders looks really nice! I think DQ is one of the best artstyle in Japanese games. Coupled with crafting/building and seemingly a story, I'm excited for the PC version!
It will come, you know it

Tizoc

Just came around watching previous game shows, namely SCEJA. Dragon Quest Builders looks really nice! I think DQ is one of the best artstyle in Japanese games. Coupled with crafting/building and seemingly a story, I'm excited for the PC version!
It will come, you know it

dID you buy Dragon Quest Heroes?
Dragon Quest games mainly build off Akira Toriyama's artstyle.

dID you buy Dragon Quest Heroes?
Dragon Quest games mainly build off Akira Toriyama's artstyle.
No I haven't. A bit steep atm, sometime later. Yes, I like the artstyle of it/him. There are many Japanese games whose artstyle and faces in particular weird me out to no end but DQ has always been distinct and, not sure how to put it, "friendly". Even enemies have charm to them.

Ludens

Banned
No I haven't. A bit steep atm, sometime later. Yes, I like the artstyle of it/him. There are many Japanese games whose artstyle and faces in particular weird me out to no end but DQ has always been distinct and, not sure how to put it, "friendly". Even enemies have charm to them.

The best thing is still Chrono Trigger. I hope to see it on PC one day.

It'll be interesting to see the different regional prices at which Clannad goes on sale today. The reaction to the $50 price has been almost universally negative around the Internet. I'm thinking they might launch with a 20% first week discount after seeing how many people are down on the price.

Although some of the criticism has been totally absurd. People saying that they already read the (pirated) fan translation for free so this is not worth $50 is just sad. How is Sekai Project supposed to respond to that? I read another post on the Steam forums where someone called it a "masterpiece in every aspect" but then went on to say that it's still not worth the price.

Either way, the game seems destined to fail on Steam. I guess the only silver lining is that the folks localizing it already got paid through Kickstarter.

For a little bit of context, The Saxxy awards are an annual thing where Valve rewards the best made Source Film Maker videos. It started as a competition for TF2 videos a few years ago but this time they allowed Dota 2 videos as well. And a Dota 2 video won. TF2 fans got mad and reported the channel of the creator and now it's suspended by Youtube.

You cannot get more petty than this.

Really interested in Factorio, but scared of the difficulty factor. How easy is it to get into?

The in game tutorial is pretty good to get you started.It isn't overwhelming like drawf fortress :v. The Ui is bit messy but you figure everything out after an hour of playing

Knurek

Bundle Stars sale incoming later today, just got an email with additional discount code.

Might have something interesting. Maybe even daily deals. :\

Bundle Stars sale incoming later today, just got an email with additional discount code.

Might have something interesting. Maybe even daily deals. :\

It says the discount code is EXCLUSIVE! "Save10"

Call of Duty Definitive Collection is on a price glitch on the Colombian store. 91% off from the US price, $36.42

Yea I suspect vpning that will get you in a lot more trouble than you bargain for. Activision will probably nuke your steam account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom