• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
It says the discount code is EXCLUSIVE! "Save10"

Yea I suspect vpning that will get you in a lot more trouble than you bargain for. Activision will probably nuke your steam account.

There's quite a few South American gaffers that can take advantage of the deal, which is why I posted.

This is the only time in history that the Call of Duty pack will see any sales. I cannot imagine anyone willing to put down $300 (or whatever it costs) to buy 8 old Call of Duty games + DLC that no one even plays anymore.

Jazz573

lrMdVi4.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lomax

Aren't the prices of this autumn sale and then winter sale going to be identical? Usually, the prices carried over but different games were featured. Now it isn't going to matter since there is one discount active throughout.

Might as well shop this sale

No, they are confirmed to not be identical this time. Which makes me think big titles will get better sales during the fall sale and catalog titles will get better deals during the winter sale.

Knurek

Morning.
Yeah the games may be cheap but, not the hardware (depending on where you live).

Still better off than Poland, I'd say.
Most expensive games in Western Europe. Most expensive hardware in Western Europe.
Bold new ways AAA publishers find to fuck us up (hey, enjoy this new game of ours with no English version. Have Russian instead, because fuck you)

Most expensive games in Western Europe. Most expensive hardware in Western Europe.
Bold new ways AAA publishers find to fuck us up (hey, enjoy this new game of ours with no English version. Have Russian instead, because fuck you)
That sounds horrible.

Its time to go back to Mother Russia.

Monooboe

Hasn't Witcher 3 been 50% off a long time now at Nuveem? Sure a GOG key but still pretty sweet. Edit, I lied just 23% off, but since it's around 25 euros it's pretty much 50% off.:D

Still a copy of Contagion left here. EDIT: Gone.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-095FD4725A33580A - Taken by Lobogris. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-9AD0EE4633CAC8D3 - Taken by Flandy. 4 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-AFF2ED57A321A530 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

t1448267609z1.png

Maniac

Banned
The phone repair men left the connection entry pipe open and now there is a giant rat and/or a possum running loose in my house in the middle of the night.

8UiJCcK.gif
This is why I'm happy to have cats.
What options in Just Cause 3 are NVIDIA GameWorks related? Seems like more and more devs are choosing to go down that road which is seriously aggravating as an AMD card owner.

You're... Aggravated because Nvidia users get better visuals?

Wat.
How long they intend to keep game in Alpha? 10 more years? :D And they are making even more F2P games (new Unreal Tournament and that new FPS or whatever). For the love of God game was announced in 2011. Then re-announced it in March last year. And there is still no release date only Alpha tests.

Don't forget how it's been juggled between development studios.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great concept and it looks quite nice, but it's been in development forever with seemingly little progress compared to the fact that it was originally intended as the game to show off UE4's capabilities, and now it's still bloody years away.

Maniac

Banned

I'm wondering how Polish hardware prices compare to Danish ones.

Because they're pretty fucking awful here.

Knurek

I'm wondering how Polish hardware prices compare to Danish ones.

Because they're pretty fucking awful here.

GTX970 can be had for 1545 PLN (~365 €)
Average wage in Denmark: €3041
Average wage in Poland: €689

Unless you need to spend half of your wage on a mid-tier graphics card, I can't see how you could call your prices fucking awful.

Lomax

Where has this actually come from?

This post by a Dev in the thread about there being no dailies:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186081521&highlight=50#post186081521

Be advised, I will be doing a 50% deal during Autumn and 75% during Christmas.

I guess they might change, but it's been announced for developers that this policy is for both Autumn and Holiday sale. This is also reflected in the mechanism for setting up discount prices.

dex3108

First Fallout 4 Patch is here

Beta Update 1.2.33

New Features

• Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
  • Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container

Fixes

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
  • Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
  • During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
  • Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
  • Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
  • This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games. Please give us feedback at our beta forums.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/128712951172870673

Lomax

Damn, so wait for the winter sale ?

Who knows? Personally like I've said, I suspect we'll see good deals for newer games over the fall sale, because it's short and around an already common sale period. But I suspect catalog titles will be better during the winter sale (or at least the same).

As with every sale, buy only what you'll play immediately at the price you think it is worth. Because eventually, everything gets cheaper and bundled.

dex3108

Also remember that Batman Arkham Knight Community Challenges DLC that PC owners will get few days before consoles? Well they announced it and they are "reused" maps from previous games apparently

Hey Arkham People

A few weeks ago we asked you to tell us your stories about your favourite environments from Rocksteady’s previous Arkham games. What we were looking for was inspiration. Specifically, inspiration for the maps that we’re going to be bringing into Batman: Arkham Knight in the Community Challenge Pack.

We had over 800 replies on the discussion thread, and so many of the stories in there got us seriously fired up about going back to our earlier work. Over the last two weeks we’ve been going through the source code for Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City and testing out how the maps from those games work in our updated engine. Thanks to some amazing work from the people in our Engine, Environment, Art and Design teams, we’re pleased to announce the maps that will be coming to the Community Challenge Pack in January. Based on the maps that the community was asking for, here’s what you can look forward to:

Predator

• Wayne Manor Main Hall (Batman: Arkham City)
  • Batcave (Batman: Arkham City)
  • Sanatorium, Medical Facility (Batman: Arkham Asylum)

Combat

• Iceberg Lounge (Batman: Arkham City)
  • Crime Alley (Batman: Arkham Knight)
  • Monarch Theatre (Batman: Arkham City)

And just for you guys, here’s a sneak preview of how Wayne Manor is going to look in Batman: Arkham Knight:

original

But wait, that’s not all! We’re adding in a seventh AR challenge to the Community Challenge Pack: Endless Knight. We’ve been listening to you guys and one of the most interesting ideas the community has had is for an endless survival predator map. We made a prototype and ended up really liking it, so we’re bringing it to you in January.

The Community Challenge Pack is coming to Batman: Arkham Knight in January 2016. PC owners will be able to access the pack a little earlier than everyone else. We can’t wait for you to play it. Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Thanks
CODA, and the whole team at Rocksteady

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Bat...NEWS-Community-Challenge-Pack-Maps/m-p/913744

Nzyme32

Lomax

While it does indicate that the prices can be different between the two sales, it doesn't guarantee it will be the norm, since it depends on the dev or publisher. Also, why would this make you think "big games" would see better sales for the autumn sale and "catalogue" titles in the winter sale?

Oh I don't think it will be the norm, I think most games will be the same for both. But in past years, they had to be the same for both, and that isn't the case this year.

As to why I think it's possible the fall sale will have some better deals, it's because of the doom and gloom prediction everyone felt as soon as they heard the "no dailies" announcement. No one thinks major titles will be put at significant deals for two weeks over the entire winter sale. But the fall sale is short, and already around Black Friday time where games typically get huge discounts everywhere.

Bought the bundle, only it doesn't show up on my profile.

Not the first time this happens on Indiegala, but at least before they didn't take any money. Now I've already received the Paypal invoice but no order confirmation from them, and no games.

madjoki

Oh I don't think it will be the norm, I think most games will be the same for both. But in past years, they had to be the same for both, and that isn't the case this year.

As to why I think it's possible the fall sale will have some better deals, it's because of the doom and gloom prediction everyone felt as soon as they heard the "no dailies" announcement. No one thinks major titles will be put at significant deals for two weeks over the entire winter sale. But the fall sale is short, and already around Black Friday time where games typically get huge discounts everywhere.

There were differences last year too. ie. some had better discount during autumn than winter sale and other way around.

Lomax

Beach Bounce apparently has a "special patch," but apparently by some standards the game is terrible:

There are NO SOUNDS FOR SHOP DOORBELLS! Come on, no sounds for shop doorbells? There's no sounds for any common noises or actions that you could easily just get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom