• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

The worst thing about XIII-2 is the soundtrack, quiet a few songs have lyircs that are only "La, la, lalala" and everynow and then suddenly edgelord newmetal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys are crazy, the soundtrack for XIII-2 was the best in the trilogy and arguably the best in modern Final Fantasy.

Coreda

George Weidman's analysis and reviews (aka Super Bunnyhop) are the type of level-headed, well written and thoughtful game related videos I appreciate.

The Youtube name hardly gives the impression of the quality of the channel, links of which I had seen posted here and there but was previously never interested in checking until I finally watched a couple and began looking through some of his other videos. Good stuff.

dex3108

I am really enjoying in AC Syndicate. Much more then in AC Unity. Most missions are fun and you can do them stealthy, characters are good, London is amazing...

Also AC go so much immersive when they went almost 1:1 scale. Standing by huge buildings is awesome, and looking at huge city from high point is so cool (if you ignore awful textures after 100+ meters).

Is Gears of War PC still coming out this year?

no idea

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...7d-414c-a886-6a2b3f2306f0/posts?page=2#post26

Hey guys -

We do not have any news to share at this time for the PC version. I know some are worried but please don't fret. We are wanting to make sure polish and performance are prioritized on the PC version so that you all have a great experience.

Once we have additional information, I can tell say you will be the first to know. I'm pretty stoked for the PC version myself as I am an avid PC gamer :)

Hektor

You guys are crazy, the soundtrack for XIII-2 was the best in the trilogy and arguably the best in modern Final Fantasy.

I don't know if i can accept any OST with this piece to be the best anything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSoz0t622a4

The entire Sondtrack is also pretty inconsistent in tone or style, if you ask me. If i wouldn't know that all the songs just posted are all from the same game, i wouldn't be able to tell. .

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, yeah, runlocked ones don't exist, but I was under the impression that there was the rare case of activation lock, like with Intrusion 2 or some Deep Silver games but I guess that's just on steam keys instead of the steam store.

Yeah, ACRTAG only applies to regions that, by default, have notably cheaper pricing than in the US; it'll never apply to the US itself. And as you say, the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags that are used to control retail key activation eligibility have no bearing on gifts.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

HELLDIVERS™

RhStzk3.jpg
hFWCKww.jpg

Anyone know of a guide that will show me how to mod Fallout:NV properly (using FOMM)?

Most of the stuff I've tinkered with so far has left me having to reinstall F:NV at this point... I have a mod list I want to try, but I can't even get FOMM to work with the 4GB/YUM patch/Stutter Remover/Script Extender at this point.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The worst thing about XIII-2 is the soundtrack, quiet a few songs have lyircs that are only "La, la, lalala" and everynow and then suddenly edgelord newmetal.

You mean you don't like metal songs about chocobos being so cute, yet at the same time fierce, prompting the singer to question the very existence of chocobos, wondering if they come from fiery abyss of hell itself?

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone know of a guide that will show me how to mod Fallout:NV properly (using FOMM)?

Most of the stuff I've tinkered with so far has left me having to reinstall F:NV at this point... I have a mod list I want to try, but I can't even get FOMM to work with the 4GB/YUM patch/Stutter Remover/Script Extender at this point.
yeah, that's a tricky one cos nvse and the 4gb exe don't go together so well

i don't think i ever used any exe other than nvse's and i like fomm better than nmm so sadly can't help u there

the mod installing part is really easy since u just add a package and then activate it iirc, it's just that fomm makes you choose to launch with nvse or 4gb or regular exe so i don't know how to do them combined

i'll try to remember to look around in the nexus tonight, see what i can find

tbh i'd recommend anyone new to modding to go straight to nmm, tho. it's just easier than fomm

also i'd suggest you keep a backup copy of ur data folder in case u dont wanna have to redownload the game each time u mess up. in theory you shouldn't be messing up ever but u know, pays to be cautious

Adnor

Banned

The last time I check most people were recommending Mod Organizer instead of FOMM or the Nexus Mod Manager.

With it you just have to add the executables in their respective folder, go to "Configure the Executables" and add them there.

Here's a video tutorial, I haven't watched it, so I don't know how well it explains it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9QmJRXGrIc

Corpekata

Banned
Gears was never coming this year. They're going to probably do a big Windows 10 is for gaming for realsies! push in early 2016. We already know Killer Instinct is in March. Tomb Raider is early 2016 too so probably around then. Toss in Gears of War and possibly Gigantic and Fable Legends and I'm sure a few more mid tier indieish titles.

So I'm expecting the March-May area to be the start of their push.

Yeah but the important DLC (ie the 3 expansions) is in the standard option. The deluxe edition is just frivolous additional costumes and crap.

Okay, that's good to know. I was looking through the list of the Digital Deluxe Edition's list and it's hard to discern what's worthwhile and what isn't. Some of it just looks like weapon and character skins, some of it looks like abilities and vehicles.

Knurek

Okay, seriously, fuck Opera (30+)

Why can't I change the way 'w' searches on Polish wikipedia? Just... why would you disable that.

Let's try Vivaldi then.

Only had 1 gaffer from Colombia in my friend list but unfortunately he can not help me. Still looking for help before they fix it.

You'll need a Colombian Gaffer with an Paypal account from the States as we can't recieve money from pretty much anywhere.

I'd help you if I could :/

yeah, that's a tricky one cos nvse and the 4gb exe don't go together so well

i don't think i ever used any exe other than nvse's and i like fomm better than nmm so sadly can't help u there

the mod installing part is really easy since u just add a package and then activate it iirc, it's just that fomm makes you choose to launch with nvse or 4gb or regular exe so i don't know how to do them combined

i'll try to remember to look around in the nexus tonight, see what i can find

tbh i'd recommend anyone new to modding to go straight to nmm, tho. it's just easier than fomm

also i'd suggest you keep a backup copy of ur data folder in case u dont wanna have to redownload the game each time u mess up. in theory you shouldn't be messing up ever but u know, pays to be cautious

Thanks, I'm going to try Mod Organizer and the videos pointed out by Adnor, I think.

Gears was never coming this year. They're going to probably do a big Windows 10 is for gaming for realsies! push in early 2016. We already know Killer Instinct is in March. Tomb Raider is early 2016 too so probably around then. Toss in Gears of War and possibly Gigantic and Fable Legends and I'm sure a few more mid tier indieish titles.

So I'm expecting the March-May area to be the start of their push.

All indications of the Gears Ultimate PC release date have been "Q4 2015". Unless they mean the fiscal Q4, that indicates it should be released prior to the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom