• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buraindo

On the other hand, enchanting in Hearts of Stone is by far the most underwhelming and expensive thing I've encountered so far.
A couple of effects are indeed useful but it takes too much to even get the lower tiers, might as well just use runes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As far as i know Windows 8.1 had that function. i don't know if they removed it in Win 10.

IIRC, you can tell Windows to skip future cases (which I didn't do because I'm stupid) but it's not smart enough to ignore miswritten files without first encountering one.

Messiah

I would give you a nuanced reply but I am afraid it would be lost in the dithering.

Frank-Dux-Makes-Chong-Li-Say-Mate-384x198.jpg

Okay, now that you revealed the order. Can you explain how to get there by using sea as a guide? I still don't get it.

r3n4ud

I'm interested in this too! Weird thing is that I've read everybody talking about an early access title, but it doesn't show on the page. But it doesn't pop up in the "released" tab, so it's in fact early access?
It's not in EA. You sure you're on All New Releases and not Popular New Releases?

MUnited83

For you.
The 8TB Seagate drive I ordered last week arrived this afternoon and I left ~1.75TB of stuff transferring before heading out only to come home and find that the process was halted at 5% due to a broken file. Is there a file transfer utility that will skip files that couldn't be read and inform me of this after everything else has been moved? I don't want to wake up later today and find that there was another hitch at, say, 50%.

A 8TB SSD by Seagate? I can't imagine the failure rate on this thing.

MUnited83

For you.
SSD? I wish! ;)

My bad ahaahha, I was reading articles about it and they were comparing it to SSDs throughout the whole article so I got confused there. Still, a 8TB HDD by Seagate seems like it could be a disaster :p. I'd love to buy such a thing but i'm wary of even 4TB HDDs by more reliable companies due to the failure rate.

Lomax

The 8TB Seagate drive I ordered last week arrived this afternoon and I left ~1.75TB of stuff transferring before heading out only to come home and find that the process was halted at 5% due to a broken file. Is there a file transfer utility that will skip files that couldn't be read and inform me of this after everything else has been moved? I don't want to wake up later today and find that there was another hitch at, say, 50%.

I'm pretty sure seagate's own drive mirroring software will do that, assuming it still exists.

Okay, now that you revealed the order. Can you explain how to get there by using sea as a guide? I still don't get it.

You already figured it out in your post before. It is just reverse alphabetical order. Just rearrange the labels for each image.

Sea has one letter changed which makes its order reverse alphabetical. 321 was just an attempt to reinforce that.

Ex: Image Six goes after Image Ten as S appears before T in the alphabet. 0-9 A-Z.

No shit, when I first posted the trivia I was worried it was too easy and someone would get it before everyone in different time zones could even see, uh, look at it.

Is there any difference from getting Witcher 3 on gog as opposed to steam? 50% off looks mighty fine.

Also, does it import a Witcher 2 save for sweet bonuses?

Lomax

Seems to be $2 now but at a glance it looks like all repeats from other bundles.

By my count I don't have 9 of these and they all have trading cards, so this might be worth it (after selling cards) even if I don't like the games all that much.

They are actually excellent and if you like one you'll probably like them all. And you'd get a good bit of it back in cards but I doubt you'd come out ahead, the card market is pretty weak now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My bad ahaahha, I was reading articles about it and they were comparing it to SSDs throughout the whole article so I got confused there. Still, a 8TB HDD by Seagate seems like it could be a disaster :p. I'd love to buy such a thing but i'm wary of even 4TB HDDs by more reliable companies due to the failure rate.

I've had good luck with Seagate drives thus far... but I fear by making this post I've brought some bad luck upon myself. ;)

I'm pretty sure seagate's own drive mirroring software will do that, assuming it still exists.

Cheers, I'll look into it.

Saty

FIFA 16 for $24 in the Mexican Origin store as well. Witcher 3 for $26.6, less than their exclusive highest sale going on right now on GOG.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-22691CCE0E5089A3 - Taken by Megauap. 5 entrants total.
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-0255A170F28B2DD3 - Taken by dave is ok. 16 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9DE99FCAC39D365 - Taken by Caerith. 4 entrants total.
House of Caravan -- MB-FE5FCCE1737AF10F - Taken by Pakkidis. 7 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan -- MB-EF14A003C2CFB814 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Tcheco in the Castle of Lucio -- MB-1C868845C823B7E4 - Taken by Cth. 9 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor Playground -- MB-72CBC632FBD55C24 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.

t1448397514z1.png

Extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-8B54A9F58E2823CE - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Dr Dogg

Can't imagine how many platters a 8TB drive would use and certainly not something I'd want to roll the dice with Seagate's reliability and RMA procedures, that I suffered first hand when they bought out Samsung's HDD division.

Oh well I guess I'll just be crazy in buying up the DA:I DLC I'm missing then. That might actually be worse than the above.

H-h-how?
Is such a thing possible?

Sure, if you take the loose interpretation of almost 5 to mean around 200.

Don't even bother with DA3 >_>

Too late!

Knurek

header.jpg

Dungeon of the Endless is updating for me, controller support according to patch notes. GOAT just got a bit GOATier.

Oh well I guess I'll just be crazy in buying up the DA:I DLC I'm missing then. That might actually be worse than the above.

Trespasser is supposed to be actually good, if you can believe that.

Dr Dogg

Oh those of you plumping on FIFA 16 watch out as it ignores your global privacy settings and as soon as you select a club it puts you on their mailing list even if you've said no to third party offers. You can disable it in the My Profile settings and Privacy but the sneaky game asks you to pick a club first.

Trespasser is supposed to be actually good, if you can believe that.

I didn't mind Jaws of Hakkon but then I'm one of those weirdos that reads the Dragon Age lore books.

Ruruja

Oh those of you plumping on FIFA 16 watch out as it ignores your global privacy settings and as soon as you select a club it puts you on their mailing list even if you've said no to third party offers. You can disable it in the My Profile settings and Privacy but the sneaky game asks you to pick a club first.

Just pick Arsenal so it goes straight into your Trash folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom