• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I also forgot to add my impressions on GRID Autosport if anyone is interested:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/255220/

4v4PUnZ.jpg

After Grid 2, I felt there was a lot of good things to be made in the next instalment in the GRID series and I was happy to find out that many were improved. I have invested easily twice the time when comparing to GRID 2 and there was a reason for this. The multi-disciplined Events offer you a lot more variety and it's great for those who are a fan of mixing different race styles. From Endurance races to Tuner and Street you also have Touring Events and Open Wheel as well giving you different tastes of what's available in the racing words. For me all were great aside of any Drift events. It's nothing personal but I love to race in all sorts of classes but when it comes to win by points in a corner by making good use of your handbrake the racer fan in me feels a bit bored.

As you advance in all events you will get a chance of having better sponsors interested in you with more difficulty and challenging objectives to complete such beating a rival time, finish above 5th place, then 3rd place and so on.

There is a clear effort in making this game a pleasant experience for the racing fans but even after so many efforts there is still much to be done. Endurance races are great but it lacks some proper tuning and the duration of most of them are not really what I would call endurance since the bigger ones are around 12 minutes long. Qualifications are back and it's a great opportunity to set a time to start on a better position.

The audio is the best effort I've seen in the grid series. You really do not need any soundtrack or any other sound effect. You just need to remove all the hud in the game, increase the volume and you will have such a good time driving while pushing to the max to the next gear. There are also little things that did not go unnoticed. For instance, you can ask (with the D-pad) what is the current state of your car (gearbox, engine damage, etc) as well the position of your rival, team-mate and so on. If you are entering a tunnel and you ask for this info you can see there's a difference in the sound from the speaker since the signal may be weaker. These little things are always appreciated. One last thing regarding the sound: I loved GRID 2 main theme and it's a such a shame that I felt a downgrade regarding the tunes/themes in the menus (not to mention these menus are quite... bland).

Then there are the community feedback that Codemasters did or tried to achieve with things like the Cockpit view. For many racing fans this view not only is a must but it's also the only view they play their racing games. So, in order to keep fans happy Codemasters implemented this view but to be honest this was the most poor effort I've seen in adding something that is a big request in these games. First I thought that my eyes were deceiving me because I've played and seen many recent games with great looking cockpit views like Driveclub and Project Cars so it crossed my mind I was not being fair to GRID Autosport since this game was released some time ago. Then I just remembered. Games like Dirt 2 or Dirt 3 do have a cockpit view and they are quite nicely done, if you ask me. So what happened here? Was no time to develop a better view and they just tried a quick solution? For those who haven't seen it, go check it out. It's a dark, blurry mess with no details at all. Seriously. This was such a wasted opportunity and I can see why so many fans were upset with all this.

One thing I also liked was the Cups between the major events. This would be races without a team member and they had a great selection of either prototypes or older gems, something I'm fond of. But still, I wish I could have seen more of them.

In the end, I had great fun with Autosport. I played more than 50 hours, I did more than 400 races, leveled up every single category to level 10 or above and finished all the major events, all cups with many qualifications as well.

Side Curiosity: It is thanks to Ben Gouldstone, the Senior Game Designer of Driveclub that the racetrack from Algarve, in Portugal is a reality after he gave this feedback to the Codemasters team. It's great to see when companies are open to all sorts of feedback in order to bring more variety and content to their games.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overlord -- MB-97BA95612FB63D03 - Taken by Red Hood
t1cxE6r.gif
Grid 2 -- MB-225AE2954A37B81A - Taken by Purkake4
Colin McRae Rally -- MB-21D169E273C75081 - Taken by madjoki
Overlord II -- MB-C533C2F0A29739EE - Taken by 73V3N
Hospital Tycoon -- MB-2CED826A77029372 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Overlord Raising Hell (Expansion) -- MB-F037B1E18D931F8F - Taken by fernandes
DiRT Showdown -- MB-8C2E4D69A0935CD8 - Taken by Saty

Uzzy

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-22691CCE0E5089A3 - Taken by Megauap. 5 entrants total.
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-0255A170F28B2DD3 - Taken by dave is ok. 16 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9DE99FCAC39D365 - Taken by Caerith. 4 entrants total.
House of Caravan -- MB-FE5FCCE1737AF10F - Taken by Pakkidis. 7 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan -- MB-EF14A003C2CFB814 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Tcheco in the Castle of Lucio -- MB-1C868845C823B7E4 - Taken by Cth. 9 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor Playground -- MB-72CBC632FBD55C24 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.

t1448397514z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-679AF7C8B818A22F - Taken by Spirited

AHA-Lambda

After hours of club fun activities and eating cake Higurashi has (again) finally started getting somewhere.

Getting some bunny boiler vibes from it now :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Too slow on that one~

Soon™

Hi folks --

We're getting close to wrapping up Act IV. It's been a long road, but we feel good about the work & we're excited to share it with you.

Here are a couple high-res versions of Act IV's banner/teaser art:

krz-act4-full.jpg

We want to thank you again for hanging in there while we quietly spent the last year or so (since "Here And There Along The Echo") working on this episode. It's important to us to embrace the uncertainties of working on a project like this, and so valuable+gratifying to have an audience who respect that. We're eager to transition from thanking you for waiting into thanking you for playing!

more soon!
jake+tamas+ben

Ludens

Banned
Kojima just phoned me, he is working on a Metal Gear Solid spin-off based on THE ENEMY SNIPER.

Apparently follow the line of this character is the key to fully understand the end of the game, and the spin-off will focus on the past of the enemy sniper. providing new clues on what he did and why.

Remember to get down.

The trailer is here: (WARNING, IT CONTAINS SPOILERS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkbeNqJWtcE