• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon Age: Inquisition is $7.49 on Mexican Origin. For those who like this thing (You can VPN it to buy it AFAIK)

r3aRsah.png

Many games are kinda cheap, it seems EA wants to devaluate their game's value even more.

Can anyone PM me on how to accomplish this? I'd like to pull da trigger on dat deal

zkylon

zkylewd
didnt read the article but it's a bad fps, a bad rpg and a bad game. none of its mechanics or systems are interesting and have any depth to them, the characters and story are all very weak and your way of interacting with them is severely limited compared to a real rpg and the world is the least interesting beth has done since oblivion.

it's a decent bethesda game but imo it's worse than skyrim and fallout 3 and oblivion

zkylon

zkylewd
It may be worse than Oblivion but it sure as hell is less boring than Oblivion.
i liked oblivion a hell of a lot more, at least some quests in that game were fun

i've yet to find a single fun quest in fo4

iirc you can't fly in oblivion so sadly it's still trash compared to morrowind

chronomac

Humble Codemasters Bundle
  • GRID 2 (and Drift Pack)
  • DiRT Showdown
  • Overlord
  • Operation Flashpoint Complete
  • Hospital Tycoon
  • Colin McRae Rally
BTA

• GRID Autosport (and Road & Track Car Pack)
  • Overlord II
  • Overlord Raising Hell (Expansion)
  • GRID 2 Spa- Francorchamps Track Pack
$15 and up

• GRID Autosport Season Pass
  • DiRT 3 Complete Edition
  • GRID 2: All In DLC Pack

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just Cause 3's pre-load is a go... but the main content depot/s haven't been added to the subs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm just shocked beth managed to outdo themselves by making interfacing with the game even more awkward than in skyrim

i feel like gdc lectures should be given about how bad the ui work in fallout 4 is

there should be papers and books written to warn future generations about it

this is some of the worst ui design i've ever seen

chronomac

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Operation Flashpoint Red River -- MB-F8C3E8E160047F1C - Taken by redlacs
Overlord -- MB-DF531892AF252BC1 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Grid 2 -- MB-89B597E1E2D29C3C - Taken by laserlaser. 4 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising -- MB-5295FF0A42314379 - Taken by Corvo Jensen. 1 entrants total.
Colin McRae Rally -- MB-5D98EBA3A6AF0AEA - Taken by The_Monk. 5 entrants total.
Overlord Raising Hell -- MB-5A918D63CE4BF06D - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
Overlord II -- MB-CC3B3FC0BC8CF459 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 1 entrants total.
Dirt Showdown -- MB-69040E2BDCA90039 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total. - Taken by Drakhyrr. 3 entrants total.

t1448393074z1.png

Didn't realize I had almost everything when I sprung for the BTA tier.

The_Monk

Considering the recent bundle here are my impressions from Dirt Showdown if you are interested:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/201700/

First of all, I think the biggest mistake was to put the name "Dirt" in this game. There's nothing that can be related to what made Dirt games famous among racing fans and this choice left many people disappointed in the Dirt series. We can only hope for a better future for the upcoming Dirt. The TOUR is really, really short. I mean it took me at least twice the time to finish Dirt 2 Tour or Dirt 3 tour. I had no idea they cut so much racing from this game. Not even a 10 Hour long tour, it's a bit embarrassing. While I'm not sure why, I couldn't make a single Challenge but this might be on my end or just bad luck. Servers never were available. Also, after finishing a race if I decided to press "Send Challenge" the game would crash on me. A bit of search in the Steam Community and I can see there were more people with the same issue. Another less good point is about the commentator which is really, really bad. The choice of words are bad, the vocabulary is very limited and the jokes are, well, they are no jokes at all.

However, I still managed to find good things too. The selection of cars are good enough to keep you happy, experimenting several cars while upgrading some of them. The game can look, really, really good. Believe it or not, but I remember when 4K TV's were released on the Market, this game was one of the games for them to show "pretty visuals" on their TV's while having a powerful PC hooked up. You can see this specially when playing at night, in Tokyo which is simply mesmerizing. The lights, the wet floor and the drift really made the game shine during these particular races.

So why did I recommend this game?

If you can find it for the right price -and never pay full price for it- Dirt showdown is a small but safe bet. Again, I recommend playing this game if you get it for a very kind, cheap price. The game is no more than a snack to eat between meals but while it may satisfy you, it will not last longer if you are chasing to fix your racing needs. Here's hoping for a better Dirt in the future more focused on pure Rally events and races.

And here is my small impressions from Operation Flashpoint: Red River:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/44340/

I decided to point out the best and worst elements in this game in a quick summary:

The good:

- This game could be really fun for a 4 Player Co-op. But I never tried that.
- Bullet drops are accurate and satisfying.
- Visuals still hold up okay, specially in later levels (I might be easy to please in this case). The mountains are neat.
- Good length for the Single Player considering recent games in the genre.
- The Briefing before any mission is nice. Really loved the soundtrack giving you a "danger" feel before going to battle.
- Level of customization for different sets of classes. You can level them up and get new perks.
- You can give orders to each soldier in your squad. It's great to flank enemy positions, suppress and ambush if you take the time to understand how it works.
- No health regeneration. If you get shot you need to stop the bleeding first then patch up
- You can get killed with one or two bullets.

The Bad:

- The AI is a hit or miss. Either they can be effective or they warn you to not shot because they are going to be in front of you. This happened more than it should.
- It requires Games for Windows Live if that' is an issue/deal breaker for you.
- Because the Story is focused on one area, there's not much variety when it comes to different war scenarios.
- Checkpoint can be cruel at times considering how easy it is to be killed. Most of them are fine, however.
- Responsiveness from your AI when you order them to enter a vehicle can be really slow.

Best Knox quote:

"I'm going to beat you so hard that not even Google will be able to find you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom