• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

Someone needs to so that people can ask if something is a good deal; lord knows they're not coming to community to do that. I vote one of the Canadians that had Thanksgiving three months ago or whatever.

One month, but whatever. November's way too cold for crops up here. :p

Dsyndrome

Looks like Nuuvem's entire store's on lockdown except for South America. All items I tried from high profile to obscure indie all say not available in your country, so not just AAA's anymore. Not even gonna try VPN.

Might as well stop visiting there altogether...
LWMP63e.gif

Jazz573

Looks like Nuuvem's entire store's on lockdown except for South America. All items I tried from high profile to obscure indie all say not available in your country, so not just AAA's anymore. Not even gonna try VPN.

LWMP63e.gif

;(

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'll still be able to get Dragon's Dogma cheap, right?

...Right?

Lain

After fumbling around to get myself a Content ID for FFXI, downloading patches for 8 hours (why didn't you let me download patches for the game without that damned Content ID?!?!) and setting the game to not work as a 640x480 box surrounded by blackness I finally managed to log in and the third or fourth question that popped in my mind has been how the hell did I manage to play this between 2003 and 2005?.
I forgot how bad the game UI was. Same goes for the mouse and keyboard implementation, which means I'll have to plug back a pad later to play it just like I did back then. I thought that after all these years they'd have improved some parts.

I admit I was lost when I was trying to bring up a menu hitting ESC and getting nothing, logging out to find out which key would bring up the menu (it was -) to find that the config part of the menu had nothing about changing resolution (you have to do outside of the game by launching a config utility).
As if PlayOnline didn't suck enough with its slow loading and backward behavior, even configuring the game is an annoyance.

The last question I asked myself after logging out was why the hell did I buy this once again? Oh yeah, because I heard something about the game closing some time in the future and how the story is now easily soloable or something and I wanted to see that to conclusion.
At the same time, I'd love a FFXI offline. With a good UI though.

Jawmuncher

After fumbling around to get myself a Content ID for FFXI, downloading patches for 8 hours (why didn't you let me download patches for the game without that damned Content ID?!?!) and setting the game to not work as a 640x480 box surrounded by blackness I finally managed to log in and the third or fourth question that popped in my mind has been how the hell did I manage to play this between 2003 and 2005?.
I forgot how bad the game UI was. Same goes for the mouse and keyboard implementation, which means I'll have to plug back a pad later to play it just like I did back then. I thought that after all these years they'd have improved some parts.

I admit I was lost when I was trying to bring up a menu hitting ESC and getting nothing, logging out to find out which key would bring up the menu (it was -) to find that the config part of the menu had nothing about changing resolution (you have to do outside of the game by launching a config utility).
As if PlayOnline didn't suck enough with its slow loading and backward behavior, even configuring the game is an annoyance.

The last question I asked myself after logging out was why the hell did I buy this once again? Oh yeah, because I heard something about the game closing some time in the future and how the story is now easily soloable or something and I wanted to see that to conclusion.
At the same time, I'd love a FFXI offline. With a good UI though.

But how would we get married offline?

LWMP63e.gif

Dont give up dude, imagine the discounts on their christmas sale

Kriken

Decided to reinstall the R6 beta, the game's enjoyability has vanished for me, guess I was just craving a good FPS and Black Ops 3 filled that need

Holyfridge's Battlefront shots my god
Code:
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/571/23196448511_9dfdd1986d_o.png[/IMG]

That looks like an actual model for an X-Wing used in a movie, I just wish I could like the game itself :/

I really hope there is a surprise release/port this upcoming sale.

Dino Crisis 3

Khronico

I set up my dosbox games to run through steam so I could take screenshots but for some reason I can't upload any. I want to upload pictures of all these old games for posterity =(

Decided to reinstall the R6 beta, the game's enjoyability has vanished for me, guess I was just craving a good FPS and Black Ops 3 filled that need

That looks like an actual model for an X-Wing used in a movie, I just wish I could like the game itself :/

Dino Crisis 3

I wonder if Night Dive can get capcom to put Dino Crisis 1 & 2 on Steam.

Dsyndrome

oh yeah

forgot who ricky is tho

takes forever for me ever since i installed the optimized texture mod

and turning it off doesn't work

and i'm not gonna reinstall this shit

who knows

That's for loading after I'm in the game though. The first loading from main menu take about 1 minute or so. It's the only long loading screen for me.

I really hope there is a surprise release/port this upcoming sale.

Final Fantasy XII HD at the PSX.
Believe!

There's a Ghost in the Shell MMO coming to steam??

*Nexon*

I'll try it but that makes me very wary.

Not really an mmo, just an online shooters.
Nexon though, yeah. And it's also blocked for my region, shocking.

Grief.exe

This game looks interesting, local or online 4 player co-op party game Space Food Truck. Just released, into what looks like, a very short Early Access period.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/397390/

Space Food Truck is a cooperative, culinary scifi adventure. 1-4 players take on unique roles aboard the Galaxy Gourmet. Their mission: explore a vast, procedurally-generated galaxy in search of exotic ingredients, craft delicious recipes, and build a powerful collection of items and abilities to withstand the untold dangers of deep space.
Gameplay
Your team's goal is to complete all of your recipe objectives, which means collecting ingredients, crafting each dish, and taking it to the planet that's craving it. Each of the four unique roles aboard your ship contribute in their own way, and they'll all need to work in concert to succeed! Just like on a real space food truck.

The Captain plots your ship's course, scouring the galaxy for stronger items and tastier ingredients.
The Chef collects ingredients that other players discover and crafts them into delicious dishes. He occasionally eats his own cards.
The Scientist researches each of the roles on your ship, choosing which crew members to empower with new abilities. He'll sometimes stumble upon artificial ingredients.
The Engineer repairs and upgrades the ship, which is constantly pummeled by misfortune.

Each character begins the game with a small deck of 10 cards, which you'll play to move around the ship and do your job. You must add a card to your personal deck each turn, and you'll be reshuffling and drawing items and abilities from it all game long. Your goal is to assemble the strongest, most versatile collection possible to do your job, and ultimately bring honor and glory to your food truck.

PC Gamer did AC Syndicate review

http://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-review/

Personally I don't agree with reviewer. Syndicate is one of the better games in the series.

Seemed to be citing series stagnation as the main criticism, is this not the case?

zkylon

zkylewd
That's for loading after I'm in the game though. The first loading from main menu take about 1 minute or so. It's the only long loading screen for me.
yeah first time is much longer

i dunno what broke, but i don't really care enough to fix it. modding isn't super smooth yet so probably was my fault

still was getting annoying load times before (more similar to the numbers you're saying), so the game is still stupid for being this poorly put together, but nothing like now

i need something new to play, talos principle is great but it's a bit tiring and sometimes i want something a bit less draining

yeah first time is much longer

i dunno what broke, but i don't really care enough to fix it. modding isn't super smooth yet so probably was my fault

still was getting annoying load times before (more similar to the numbers you're saying), so the game is still stupid for being this poorly put together, but nothing like now

i need something new to play, talos principle is great but it's a bit tiring and sometimes i want something a bit less draining

Yeah, probably due to mods.
I also had to reinstall the game because of random modding last week lol.

-------------------------------------------------

Happy birthday to Hironobu Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy~

Tizoc

Yaiba isn't a bad game, it may not be worth it's base price, but for $10-15 range it's worth it imo.
It's Musou-lite with the higher difficulties being quite a challenging gameplay.

Oh. Close enough \o/

You should be able to get it for $5-10 cheaper via GMG or traders.
Game is still worth $30 though ;)

Lain

I'm telling Chariot. :p

I'm considering grabbing the MangaGamer version of Sakura Swim Club:
The MangaGamer edition features an edited and quality assured script!

Sakura Dungeon being a gameplay focused game is actually more interesting. If nothing else, the Sakura games have a pleasant art style. Putting that to use with some (hopefully) fun gameplay instead of boring writing could be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom