• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaiba isn't a bad game, it may not be worth it's base price, but for $10-15 range it's worth it imo.
It's Musou-lite with the higher difficulties being quite a challenging gameplay.

Yeah, it's not a bad game... it's a good one.
And it's better than a "musou-lite" -- it's a blend of musou with stylish action moveset. :p

--

GF had some decent PS4 deals this week PS4 games and one of the games I decided to grab was DmC:DE for $13 shipped.

Why am I putting this in here?

(1) Some of you may have a PS4 and have been interested in playing this. It may also apply to the X1 version if that's the current gen console you happen to have.

(2) Since I bought it, now it's more likely that Capcom will finally announce some sort of plans to get the game/update on PC/Steam. You're welcome.

Tizoc

The stylish combat of Yaiba is a simple combination of attacks, but hey if I find Killer is Dead's combat stylish then Yaiba can be stylish :V

Yeah, it's not a bad game... it's a good one.
And it's better than a "musou-lite" -- it's a blend of musou with stylish action moveset. :p

--

GF had some decent PS4 deals this week PS4 games and one of the games I decided to grab was DmC:DE for $13 shipped.

Why am I putting this in here?

(1) Some of you may have a PS4 and have been interested in playing this. It may also apply to the X1 version if that's the current gen console you happen to have.

(2) Since I bought it, now it's more likely that Capcom will finally announce some sort of plans to get the game/update on PC/Steam. You're welcome.

Does the Steam sale start tonight or in the morning?

dex3108

Seemed to be citing series stagnation as the main criticism, is this not the case?

Yes and no. This is first AC game where stealth is viable option. They improved assassination missions, they added interesting side missions with side stories, improved and refined gameplay, even busy work has some interesting things (you can learn something from them this time). There is skill tree now (not best implementation but it is there). Hell Batman Arkham series changed less since first game.

I am not saying it is perfect game. Collectables are still mostly icons on the map without true story behind them (I still don't know why they don't use them to push us to explore beautiful cities), combat is still clumsy (but at least it is not easy like in previous games)... I also agree that year between sequels would be good thing.

And to be honest I was thinking about AC2 and when I compare it with AC Syndicate I see many improvements in Syndicate, and yet AC2 is still best AC game for many.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the sale supposed to start tomorow or Thursday as usual? I dont remember the last time there wasnt midweek deals before a sale since they usually end when the sale begins anyway

Is Xseed going to die after Trails 2 did so poorly?

I bought Blood Drive and it's terrible garbage and managed to turn an interesting franchise into animu bullshit so that's disappointing. Although of course that's not on Xseed but the original writers.

Knurek

hqdefault.jpg

They will die when Cold Trails severely underperforms

Is the sale supposed to start tomorow or Thursday as usual? I dont remember the last time there wasnt midweek deals before a sale since they usually end when the sale begins anyway

As I told you in chat, rhaknar-senpai, the sale starts tomorrow.
I think the dates are 11/25-12/1? Anyway, there would be mid-week deals if it were starting on Thursday and they would end when the sale went live during the daily update, as is usually the case with the summer/winter sales.
Valve does not want to deal with the start of the sale on Thanksgiving.

Alright, I'm going to proxy into the states. When will it start?

Same valve time, same valve channel...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-9039E3373380481B - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Overlord -- MB-102CB9C13A9D1B98 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Broken Age (OUYA) -- MB-488A69F6E2786E51 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising -- MB-83C987B1A7D947CF - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold DLC Key -- MB-2349A38A0351B92A - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-6F12C5D1210E7D78 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-2F22A7A1002291AE - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-BD95D357FDA526C8 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-385A62C4FB6AE446 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
FOTONICA -- MB-14A17A8565DC2D8B - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Anodyne (Desura) failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Broken Age (OUYA) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Planet Stronghold DLC Key was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Populous (Origin) failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1448434055z1.png

Soulflarz

Banned
$1.08 it appears. From the price history of the various cards, no one has ever done a foil badge for that game. Ever. I'd probably take the dollar and be happy.

Hell no~
Did it not have cards at launch?

But like hell I'm taking a dollar, I'm listing it and waiting for some idiot one piece enthusiast to buy it!

As I told you in chat, rhaknar-senpai, the sale starts tomorrow.
I think the dates are 11/25-12/1? Anyway, there would be mid-week deals if it were starting on Thursday and they would end when the sale went live during the daily update, as is usually the case with the summer/winter sales.
Valve does not want to deal with the start of the sale on Thanksgiving.

Same valve time, same valve channel...

What valve time does the sale start?

Eila

^ Broken Age on Ouya giveaway O___O
Did anyone here fall for that?

I bought Blood Drive and it's terrible garbage and managed to turn an interesting franchise into animu bullshit so that's disappointing. Although of course that's not on Xseed but the original writers.

Jeez, hopefully not.
I haven't heard of them doing too bad. Ys VI and now TitS SC underperformed on PC, but they have been cranking out games to all their platforms like crazy.

Tizoc

In case any of you missed it XSEED is releasing Xanadu Next and Corpse Party by 2016

Xanadu Next is what happens when you add dat Falcom gameplay goodness to the Diablo formula.

Jeez, hopefully not.
I haven't heard of them doing too bad. Ys VI and now TitS SC underperformed on PC, but they have been cranking out games to all their platforms like crazy.

If you scrubs don't buy the ever loving fuck out of Xanadu Next, your must delete your Steam profile :V

Soulflarz

Banned
Play CP1 to support XSeed

CP is a trash series that ends with the pinnacle of trash Blood Drive, in which I found more contrivances than SAO for the amount of plot and couldn't stop laughing during my discussions with friends in which we found more issues than we could count.

Eila

In case any of you missed it XSEED is releasing Xanadu Next and Corpse Party by 2016

Xanadu Next is what happens when you add dat Falcom gameplay goodness to the Diablo formula.

If you scrubs don't buy the ever loving fuck out of Xanadu Next, your must delete your Steam profile :V

And Little King's Story and Shinovi Versus.
I can vouch for LKS. That shit's legit, and on Wii it had some framerate drops that are hopefully fixed in the PC release on top of higher res textures.
So yeah, buy everything labelled XSEED. Thanks.

Dsyndrome

CP is a trash series that ends with the pinnacle of trash Blood Drive, in which I found more contrivances than SAO for the amount of plot and couldn't stop laughing during my discussions with friends in which we found more issues than we could count.

How else would we get gems like this?
The game's not that bad, some of the stuff in it makes you shake your head though.

Corpekata

Banned

Missed what? Wasn't it expected they'd be out in 2016?

Or do you mean their general announcement period?

I think Blood Drive is the most disappointed I've been with a game......ever? The first game was terrifying and despite some outlandish dialogue kept relatively grounded which let it dig into the character's reactions to the unimaginable horrors befalling them. Blood Drive has billionaire ceos masquerading as math tutors who crush on teenage boys and fucking SCYTHE WIELDING BIKINI WARRIORS. And it somehow managed to fuck up the great audio work from the previous two games but having it cut out half the time. And of course it runs at around 15 FPS if you use the flashlight but it's a vita game so you expect it to run like shit I suppose.

What the fuck happened. Fuck anime.

Are the Cold Steel games supposed to be good? Similar levels of npc dialogue and such?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think Blood Drive is the most disappointed I've been with a game......ever? The first game was terrifying and despite some outlandish dialogue kept relatively grounded which let it dig into the character's reactions to the unimaginable horrors befalling them. Blood Drive has billionaire ceos masquerading as math tutors who crush on teenage boys and fucking SCYTHE WIELDING BIKINI WARRIORS.

What the fuck happened. Fuck anime.

Are the Cold Steel games supposed to be good? Similar levels of npc dialogue and such?

Thinking that happened because Book of Shadows and Blood Drive were constructed with MAGES instead of GrisGris which is now Grindhouse. I'm looking forward to Corpse Party 2 Dead Patient though.

Tizoc

Missed what? Wasn't it expected they'd be out in 2016?

Or do you mean their general announcement period?

It's mainly for the one or two GAFfers who may have missed out on it :p

Also LKS, it being the Wii ver. thus less anime is a must have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom