• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched enough footage of EW to say I'll probably enjoy it. Big RE4 fan.

But I only have 100GB free on my SSD period. And a softcap...

to be honest evil within is probably the biggest insult possible to someone expecting re4-2

it gets my Kriken Award™ for being irredeemable garbage. not a lot of games get that honour

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I love Evil Within, personally. Like, adored it. It's a huge love/hate game though, don't listen to anyone who tries to paint it one way or the other. It's one of the biggest splits of extreme love/hate, and so evenly divided too, I've ever seen.

I've watched enough footage of EW to say I'll probably enjoy it. Big RE4 fan.

But I only have 100GB free on my SSD period. And a softcap...
It's very different than RE4 and I say that as a massive fan of both games. I feel like the game is actually different enough to where a lot of people come in expecting a similar experience and become disappointed. I think it's pretty grand outside of a really silly final chapter though.

FloatOn

to be honest evil within is probably the biggest insult possible to someone expecting re4-2

it gets my Kriken Award™ for being irredeemable garbage. not a lot of games get that honour

I agree with this sentiment.

This game attempts to be a better resident evil 4 with a few original mechanics and it fails horribly.

It's also very badly optimised.

Annubis

Guys, sell me on neo scavanger.

header.jpg

It's trash.
But I seem to be the only person to think so as apparently everyone else loves it.

The way encounters are handled in the Evil Within is very different than how Resident Evil 4 approaches combat design, which along with the Evil Within's very unique and frenzied story/location pacing makes it a very different game. But we've had this conversation before.

The only things I remember about Shadows of the Damned are popping giant boners, running across a giant naked woman, and seeing some guy get really brutally eviscerated which was kind of sad.

FloatOn

The way encounters are handled in the Evil Within is very different than how Resident Evil 4 approaches combat design, which along with the Evil Within's very unique and frenzied story/location pacing makes it a very different game. But we've had this conversation before.

yeah, we will just have to agree to disagree here as I generally respect your opinion :)

I will say that I tried to enjoy it and just couldn't.

Khronico

Guys, sell me on neo scavanger.

header.jpg

Brutally difficult post apoc game with a super in depth combat and survival systems.

It's ridiculously opaque and difficult but fun in a masochistic way. It's like a more approachable UnReal World, if you know what that game is.

louiedog

I've heard a couple of rumblings on twitter about Wolfenstein being potentially cheaper tomorrow. Can't find a source and the people who said it were from the UK, so it could be down to regional pricing differences. If so I'm guessing a Bundle Stars deal because they're doing a Bethesda sale. Could be Humble I guess.

Since the prices are good for a week it might be worth waiting for.

donny2112

Gateways is an awesome 2-D puzzle-platformer by the creator of Adventures of Shuggy. It's something like a mix of Portal (in 2-D) and some of those other puzzle-platformers where you use copies of yourself to carry out tasks. I loved it. Never hear about it. It's part of the Steam sale. Want others to enjoy it. Good luck! (^_^)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gateways -- MB-71A138396D45F88D - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.

t1448489017z1.png

I've heard a couple of rumblings on twitter about Wolfenstein being potentially cheaper tomorrow. Can't find a source and the people who said it were from the UK, so it could be down to regional pricing differences. If so I'm guessing a Bundle Stars deal because they're doing a Bethesda sale. Could be Humble I guess.

Since the prices are good for a week it might be worth waiting for.

I think Bundle Stars already had Wolfenstein on sale in the past few days...it's possible they could again but no idea

i made you in my image
i built your heart and gave you eyes
i gave you power and a sense of justice beyond any compare
i gave you hands, a child's face, i gave you hair
but the burning in your heart, i did not put there

SO NO SALE ON THE MEGA MAN LEGACY COLLECTION FOR YOU

Grief.exe

This sale is actually really good. There are a bunch of niche titles that wouldn't typically receive feature discounts.

Lost Planet 2 not available in my region :(

The curse of GFWL.

No Binding of Isaac sale? Man between this and no D3 on BNet my luck for waiting a better deal sucks.

I should have picked up Afterbirth when I had a chance, now I feel like playing some Isaac and it's full price!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That's a damn good deal on Ys VI. I'd bite but I can't justify getting it when all I'd do is sit on it for like a year, since I still have to get through Origin first. I guess I'll pick it up on a later sale.

Maybe I'll just get some Sleeping Dogs DLC and possibly Alphadia Genesis (70% off/$2.99 for anyone else interested).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yo Amnesia the VN that released in august is already 90% off. Idea Factory just doesn't give a shit.

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. It is one of the very few Otome titles on Steam, and it's a harder sell since it's Husbandos instead of Waifus. I'd hoped it would sell better so we could see more diversity in the VN selection on Steam, I just hope IF and other developers don't see it as a sign that they shouldn't bother with other Otome.

Jawmuncher

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. It is one of the very few Otome titles on Steam, and it's a harder sell since it's Husbandos instead of Waifus. I'd hoped it would sell better so we could see more diversity in the VN selection on Steam, I just hope IF and other developers don't see it as a sign that they shouldn't bother with other Otome.

There's actually a lot more otome on steam then you would think oddly enough.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Disney/LucasArts discounts are pretty good.

Mostly haven't been able to overcome the analysis paralysis to actually figure out what if anything I want to buy. For a sale supposedly designed around making discovery easier, I don't feel like they'd made discovery any easier.

Vlad

Gateways is an awesome 2-D puzzle-platformer by the creator of Adventures of Shuggy. It's something like a mix of Portal (in 2-D) and some of those other puzzle-platformers where you use copies of yourself to carry out tasks. I loved it. Never hear about it. It's part of the Steam sale. Want others to enjoy it. Good luck! (^_^)

I think I mentioned something about it when I was playing through it a few months ago. It really is a great game. I'm still stuck on what appears to be one of the last few puzzles, too.

deleted

Seems like the LucasArts Bundle doesn't exist in Germany - could someone help me out here? I'd Paypal you the money or gift you something equally expensive...

Seems like the last Crusade isn't available in Germany. Might that complicate things?

I wish they'd actually done personalized sales. I scrolled down quite a few lines on the front page and I owned 80% of the games being shown. At the same time I don't know how much point there is of taking the time to make the sales better for people like us that buy hundreds of games and obviously know how to find things on our own.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Mostly haven't been able to overcome the analysis paralysis to actually figure out what if anything I want to buy. For a sale supposedly designed around making discovery easier, I don't feel like they'd made discovery any easier.

Yeah I still have no idea what I'm supposed to buy, and the few games that I was going to buy was mostly ubisoft games and those got really bad discounts.

Ozium

it's the exact same thing they did in summer where they just dump a lot of popular, well known titles on the splash page with no regards to whether you own it or not (tailored just for you!)

valve pls

Monooboe

So if I wanted to dabble in that anime RPG genre to see that the fuss is about, where would I even begin? Looking at the first Trails in the Sky and considering it.

I played JRPGs back in the day on the Snes and PS1 but haven't been able to get into them again, also I have hard time with random encounters.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Elite, it's cheapest in New Zealand for some reason (on the order of 24% compared to the US price), so you can save yourself a few bucks by buying it through an NZ GAFer.

FloatOn

someone really needs to fix the steam mobile app.

to get to my wishlist I have to go to my profile. choose games. and then scroll through and choose wishlist.

also the wishlist doesn't seem to work atm

I can't access steam on the site because I'm at the office currently. and it's slow so I'm pretty bored here.

donny2112

I think I mentioned something about it when I was playing through it a few months ago. It really is a great game. I'm still stuck on what appears to be one of the last few puzzles, too.

I went to a guide on those last few, as they were extremely complex to pull off. Don't know if I would've ever figured them out, but don't have the free time to invest to find out. Still love the game, though. There's a creation tool to make your own puzzles, too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Shadows of The Damned feels more RE4 than The Evil Within IMO in terms of gameplay.
Now this is something I wouldn't mind having on PC, and maybe even replaying. I didn't think the gameplay was anything special, but the dick jokes and immature humor made me laugh a lot. It's a bit repetitive, but has a lot of charm.

Glad to hear this. I don't really want to spend money right now, but I'll see if the discounts are still good in the Winter Sale. Though I shouldn't be wasting money then either, but I'm weak...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I find you and I have similar tastes, often.

Its fine ignore me for bring up that game to the conversation ;____;

Now this is something I wouldn't mind having on PC, and maybe even replaying. I didn't think the gameplay was anything special, but the dick jokes and immature humor made me laugh a lot. It's a bit repetitive, but has a lot of charm.
My only issue with the game was the Big Boner sections and the lack of New Game Plus and unlockables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom