• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandy

Khronico

So if I wanted to dabble in that anime RPG genre to see that the fuss is about, where would I even begin? Looking at the first Trails in the Sky and considering it.

I played JRPGs back in the day on the Snes and PS1 but haven't been able to get into them again, also I have hard time with random encounters.

Tits is really, really good if you are looking for a very well written RPG. I personally don't enjoy the combat but the writing is so strong that I can ignore it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wish they'd actually done personalized sales. I scrolled down quite a few lines on the front page and I owned 80% of the games being shown. At the same time I don't know how much point there is of taking the time to make the sales better for people like us that buy hundreds of games and obviously know how to find things on our own.

One pretty simple way they could improve stuff, imho, would be:
- Set a featured sale lineup
- For each user, automatically replace anything they own with something chosen from their wishlist that is discounted OR something recommended for them that is discounted
- If someone has neither recommendations nor wishlists, they own everything and are JaseC, and you don't need to worry about selling them stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mostly haven't been able to overcome the analysis paralysis to actually figure out what if anything I want to buy. For a sale supposedly designed around making discovery easier, I don't feel like they'd made discovery any easier.

Yep. I was hoping since last year right before the "Discovery Sale" we got the new store layout and discovery queue updates that maybe this year it would be unveiled during the sale that Valve was iterating on that formula in a meaningful way. It would have been a great time to unleash something like that - by having almost everything on sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been wanting these for a while but 50% off isn't enough of a discount

I wouldn't roll those dice if you actually want to play them; this is the first time they've been half off in roughly two years and the odds of Ubi discounting its back catalogue by a greater amount during the Winter Sale are exceedingly low.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Also Elite: Dangerous for 12,37€ has to be a mistake.

I don't think so, the expansion is dropping soon. I bet they want to lure as much people as possible into the game now before everyone buys the "better" version without having spend money on the old one first.

Amzin

Steam is more or less MIA right now.

Yea Steam tricked me into thinking it was fine for the first few minutes but I see that it's a bit... off.

Edit: Got my wishlist to open up. This sale looks pretty bad. Everything is essentially the non-flash/community-pick sale price. May be a couple of exceptions but I don't see anything jumping out at me.

Hell, a few of these games were more on sale as weeklies in the past month.

mrgone

Elite: Dangerous might be a bad deal even with the heavily discounted price if you have interest in the Horizons expansion. I think I have this right, but please correct me if I'm wrong: Horizons is "season 2" of Elite: Dangerous, it has all the "season 1" content (ie. everything out now), so if you end up buying that you're just re-buying everything you'd be paying for this week. Given the complaints about the dearth of content right now, it's probably worth waiting for.

I don't think so, the expansion is dropping soon. I bet they want to lure as much people as possible into the game now before everyone buys the "better" version without having spend money on the old one first.

Yeah, it's mild villainy :)

Messiah

header.jpg

Continuum Shift Extend is 75% off Lowest it has ever been. It's a good port with decent netcode from my experience. Maybe someone wants to play it until the sequel releases early next year.

I'm always up to play it if anyone bites.

iosefe

i made you in my image
i built your heart and gave you eyes
i gave you power and a sense of justice beyond any compare
i gave you hands, a child's face, i gave you hair
but the burning in your heart, i did not put there

SO NO SALE ON THE MEGA MAN LEGACY COLLECTION FOR YOU

i respect you for being the only other person here aware of The Megas

Fairy Fencer F is 75% off, should i get it? (but i bored of neptunia very fast..)

Ehm..well.
In a lot of ways (combat & exploration) it's the same game, just with a more traditional aesthetic. The story is better, some of the characters are a little more interesting, but if Nep bored you then this won't mean much.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Shadows of the Damned is the one PS360 era game I want to release on Steam real bad XO

Why stop there when you could have even loftier dreams
that will never come true
? Just release every Grasshopper Manufacture game on pc. NMH 1 & 2, Shadows of the Damned, Michigan: Report from Hell, Killer 7, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So lame questions.

How is elite dangerous and ARK if you don't have any friends and isn't good at getting friends in game?
Will I still get enjoyment out of the games?

I love dinosaurs so that's the main pull for me in ARK so are they any good?

Last question: How is the performance in these games with a 970?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
So lame questions.

How is elite dangerous and ARK if you don't have any friends and isn't good at getting friends in game?
Will I still get enjoyment out of the games?

I love dinosaurs so that's the main pull for me in ARK so are they any good?

Last question: How is the performance in these games with a 970?

I almost always played Elite alone and had lots of fun (around 100 hours in total between the pre-Steam and Steam version) :)

A 970 should have no problem at all running the game maxed.

Ozium

steam sale saved me 60 dollars.. now I don't have to buy Xenoblade since Steam Sale has scratched that exploration ITCH

is Ys Ark worth picking up if I haven't completed Origins or Oath yet

iosefe

there are so many duplicated displays for games, i saw 3 entries for KotOR2 very close together.

i know it's good, that there is so much wasted space

Khronico

I wish I didn't know that an expac was coming for Elite, I don't even know if I want it but it's mere existence is making me doubt my purchase.

Uzzy

So, I have a game in my Steam inventory. I want to give it away through ModBot. I just send it as a gift to myself and copy the link in the email I'll get, right?

Holy shit, Oculus Rift 2 dev kits are going for like 600 dollars on ebay. So tempted to sell.

Can put that towards the Vive. Same time it's a piece of history though so I'll probably keep it.

Ozium

So, I have a game in my Steam inventory. I want to give it away through ModBot. I just send it as a gift to myself and copy the link in the email I'll get, right?

yeah just remove the part after the ? that contains your email address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom