• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Sölf;186820544 said:
If you have someone to play with, yes, it's pretty fun. Alone, not so sure. I think it may still be fun, but not for long.

Yes, playing with someone is a lot better than playing alone. In any case, there a lot of gaffers here that play regularly.

Just like any multiplayer game you'll like it as much as you like its gameplay.

The 7 dollar Mushihimesama release on nuuvem doesn't come with the dlc. Outrage!

I feel bad for the people who bought at launch, even the steam version is already at 14 for the ssale, lol.

Salsa

Rocket League with randoms can be infuriating but it's also more fun than 99 percent of what outs there. I don't play with anyone on the reg. I still play with randoms.

game is top tier this entire gen. and that's the vast majority's opinion. it's pretty much loved and played constantly across the globe. you'll be hard pressed to find a different opinion, and that's just the truth.

so, yeah, idk what to tell ya. I play every day since release.

maybe you hate it. statistically you wont.

Rocket League seems grand but I know it won't be able to hold the attention of my addled mind as any multiplayer game can't so I've managed to avoid buying it so far.

Lomax

Rocket League with randoms can be infuriating but it's also more fun than 99 percent of what outs there

game is top tier this entire gen. and that's the vast majority's opinion.

so, yeah, idk what to tell ya.

Rocket League is one of those games I think looks really cool but I know I'd never play it.

Salsa

gameplay is as tight as can be, so if it looks like something that might interest you chances are you're gonna like it.

if you look at it and have a strong opinion against it then sure, it might not be for you.

given all the hype surrounding it ever since it came out i'd give it a try at that price even if you think it just looks cool

but that's me

Lomax

gameplay is as tight as can be, so if it looks like something that might interest you chances are you're gonna like it.

if you look at it and have a strong opinion against it then sure, it might not be for you.

Oh I don't have a strong opinion against it, I just know I won't play something that is entirely multiplayer based. I'll probably pick it up cheap for the single player mayhem someday. I don't doubt that it's brilliant though, and it's tempted me some, and that's saying something for a multiplayer game.

I'll take smoothed pixel art over blocky 3D any day. At least it still looks essentially like the original.

Still seems odd none of the Final Fantasy games are on sale at all. Maybe they're getting their own weekend deal shortly with the release of Lightning Returns.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that as well.
They better put VII and VIII at 75% this time.

Salsa

btw

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/25/rocket-league-winter-games-event-begins-december-14/

23174808332_a74dcd1e8f_z.jpg

Starting December 14, our previously-announced hockey-inspired Mutator Mode, now called “Snow Day,” will officially replace the “Mutator Mashup” online playlist. Boasting an ice-themed field and a heavy, disc-shaped puck, “Snow Day” brings an awesome new twist to Rocket League’s classic, football-fueled gameplay. We know a lot of you have been waiting a long time to give this one a try, which is why we’re so pleased to finally confirm an official date for you!

Besides “Snow Day,” December 14 will also bring several new holiday-themed Garage items! Like October’s Halloween treats before them, the items from Rocket League’s “Winter Games” are limited-time goodies unlocked by simply playing matches (it doesn’t matter if you win or lose!). Though their chances of dropping are lower than a “standard” item’s, the “Winter Games” collection is also yours to keep once you’ve found them. Fail to get all the items before January 4, however, and you’ll have to wait until next year to get them again!
Rocket League Winter GamesRocket League Winter Games

Here’s the full list of upcoming “Winter Event” items:

“Xmas” Rocket Trail
“Blitzen” Topper
“Christmas Tree” Topper
“Sad Sapling” Topper
“Santa” Topper
“Candy Cane” Antenna
“Holiday Gift” Antenna

Rocket League Winter Games

Prior to the Winter Games event starting December 14, our next DLC, “Chaos Run,” will release next week on December 1 for $3.99 USD! You WILL NOT need to purchase any DLC to gain access to “Snow Day” or the “Winter Games” items, nor will you need the DLC to access our new “Wasteland” map that ships on the same day. If you’re down for some cool, post-apocalyptic exclusive Battle-Cars and customization items, however, then Chaos Run is definitely for you.
See you next time!

22987278610_ef4654323c_b.jpg

Nabs

Rocket League with randoms can be infuriating but it's also more fun than 99 percent of what outs there. I don't play with anyone on the reg. I still play with randoms.

game is top tier this entire gen. and that's the vast majority's opinion. it's pretty much loved and played constantly across the globe. you'll be hard pressed to find a different opinion, and that's just the truth.

so, yeah, idk what to tell ya. I play every day since release.

maybe you hate it. statistically you wont.

100%

I play solo matches everyday and it's still fun as hell.

Salsa

HOCKEY?!

I will be jumping back into the game

hockey has been available for a while now

you just have to set it up in a custom match or get it randomly in mutator mode playlists

what they've announced is that they'll swap the random mutator mode for always hockey for a lil while for christmas

r3n4ud

hockey has been available for a while now

you just have to set it up in a custom match or get it randomly in mutator mode playlists

what they've announced is that they'll swap the random mutator mode for always hockey for a lil while for christmas

Fuck me, been outta the loop with the game. Thanks for the info

I disagree. Namco did a good job with dealing with the upgrades by providing a clear and fair price scheme for players who already owned the content on Steam.

For those who want to be cheap about it, the upgrade has gone on sale during past sales, so all one needs to do to get it for sub-$20 in the near future is to get ahold of the $6 season pass via gamestop to go with their base copy and then wait for the upgrade to go on sale again. Or they could get a UK GAFer to help them get the $12 SotFS copy and just ask for the key once the game arrives. There are plenty of ways to work the system.

As for tactics, if it's on iOS, I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Eh.....

If you have to 'work the system', I'd argue they didn't do it right.

All I know is I spent $6.50 to buy the season pass and that took the upgrade price from $25 to $5. That ain't right.

Eh.....

If you have to 'work the system', I'd argue they didn't do it right.

All I know is I spent $6.50 to buy the season pass and that took the upgrade price from $25 to $5. That ain't right.

$50 if you own nothing.
$30 if you own the base game but no dlc.
$20 if you own base game and all dlc.

Not sure why the sale pricing on the upgrade gets squirrelly, but the general pricing structure seems fair to me and I was happy to pay the $20 to go through what was essentially the "director's cut" of the game and enjoy it all over again. At the time, I hadn't even played the DLC because I was waiting for all of it to be released... and then shortly after, they announced this was coming.

And I liked the game enough that when it was on flash sale for PS4 at one point earlier in the year, I grabbed yet another copy for under $25 to play it all over again the next time I'm jonsing for some Dark Souls.

People want everything for free in most cases, but that's not always an option. Nice when it happens, but at least they didn't have a Darksiders 2 DE fiasco. :p

Is Huniepop the game where you make girls cum by playing Bejeweled? Is the rest of the game sassy like the one video I've seen with the two trashy girls having spewing garbage at each other?

Is Huniepop the game where you make girls cum by playing Bejeweled? Is the rest of the game sassy like the one video I've seen with the two trashy girls having spewing garbage at each other?

most of the dialogue/story takes place at the beginning of the game.

you can give food/gifts and ask them questions to learn more about them but it's pretty much just a puzzle game with lewd bits.

zkylon

zkylewd

apparently it's just that scene

also thank you to mister miss queen of the viper robots theletdown for that tales of boredlands key

Momentary

Banned
The 7 dollar Mushihimesama release on nuuvem doesn't come with the dlc. Outrage!

I feel bad for the people who bought at launch, even the steam version is already at 14 for the ssale, lol.

Why feel bad? I didn't mind giving them more money to play earlier than those who are buying now. Plus, they deserved every penny.

Now Strania on the other-hand was discounted again today and I refunded and repurchased. That was a little fucked up.

Why feel bad? I didn't mind giving them more money to play earlier than those who are buying now. Plus, they deserved every penny.
Fair enough, after all the more money they get the more Cave games we get!

Still wondering what happened with Treasure, they had such big talk about porting a lot of their games to steam and now it's been a year and a half since Ikaruga launched with no news at all. Did Ikaruga do really poorly?

And bummer about Huniepop abandoning the funny bits after the intro then.

Is there a good list of the biggest games to be kickstarted? Had no idea Lisa existed because of kickstarter as well, it's had such a great effect on the gaming landscape these past few years.

fertygo

If I bought hypothetical FFVI PC from GMG/or being gifted can I activate it without VPN? since no doubt its will blocked for asia again

Life is Strange is hella rad. Dunno what people were saying about Ep 1 being slow or whatever; everything is put in place. Warrem also seems solidly OK so far, (Ep1 spoilers)
the MAX folder is probably just for overclocking or something. Like, obviously.

The cereal and selfie stuff are both going too far, though.

Mushihimesama has issues with high framerate, 1440P gsync monitors. Tried to switch to fullscreen and it freaked out and I had to guess my way through task manager to try to force close as it caused my monitor to stroke and flicker. Apparently a common issue going by the steam forums, you'd figured they'd have bothered to fix it by now.....

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Mushihimesama has issues with high framerate, 1440P gsync monitors. Tried to switch to fullscreen and it freaked out and I had to guess my way through task manager to try to force close as it caused my monitor to stroke and flicker. Apparently a common issue going by the steam forums, you'd figured they'd have bothered to fix it by now.....

Say so in the OT thread they got a Degica person looking in there. They compile lists of things for Cave to patch.

Say so in the OT thread they got a Degica person looking in there. They compile lists of things for Cave to patch.
I'm sure they already know as it's a common complaint, but I can pm them. The solution is to enter one of the game modes and then go into full screen mode, it only breaks in the main menu.

Momentary

Banned
Fair enough, after all the more money they get the more Cave games we get!

Still wondering what happened with Treasure, they had such big talk about porting a lot of their games to steam and now it's been a year and a half since Ikaruga launched with no news at all. Did Ikaruga do really poorly?

And bummer about Huniepop abandoning the funny bits after the intro then.

Ikaruga is one of the best selling Shmups on STEAM. I think it's the best selling version of the game. I really want Radiant Silvergun on here :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Ikaruga is one of the best selling Shmups on STEAM. I think it's the best selling version of the game. I really want Radiant Silvergun on here :(

Well I had bought it even though I wasn't crazy about it. Hoping they get around to putting more games on Steam eventually.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

We were requested to include the following copyright: © Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot by the promoters of BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot), and we've decided to honor their request in this article about BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot).

We wrote about BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) back in January, when it was announced in Japan. Now, the concern with BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) was that previous games based on Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) didn't really make it to the US that often. I mean, there were the Nintendo DS games Bleach: The Blade of Fate (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot), Bleach: Dark Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot), and Bleach: The Third Phantom (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot), sure. But many Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) games have failed to make it to the US. However, KLab has just announced that BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) is in fact on its way to worldwide release on the App Store® and Google Play™ soon!

I must say, I am intrigued by BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot). It's nice to see this isn't just a Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) CCG, and is instead a Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) hack and slash. I mean, I'm sure people would enjoy a Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) CCG, but a Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) hack and slash feels a bit more relevant to the series, as far as I know it. I mean, I only watched the early parts of Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) on Adult Swim™'s Toonami™. However, using three Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) characters in battle seems like a cool idea, and some good fun for fans of Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot), no matter if they watched Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) through TV dubs, the Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) manga, or however they chose to watch Bleach (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot).

BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) has a pre-registration campaign going on on PreLaunch.me (© Adways Interactive) if you're curious to get in on some BLEACH Brave Souls (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot) action before it releases worldwide.

I just started playing AC Syndicate on PC... As far as I've heard it's great. Much better than Unity. But I just started it and had nothing but wierd glitches like hanging out in the air, semi transparent ghost trains, and really bad artifacting and glitching. I've never seen glitching like this. My 980ti runs everything smoothly. Witcher 3 and even ran Batman AK without any problems at all... but this for whatever reason is giving me the only real issue I've ever had in a game. Anyone experiencing anything like this?

I just started playing AC Syndicate on PC... As far as I've heard it's great. Much better than Unity. But I just started it and had nothing but wierd glitches like hanging out in the air, semi transparent ghost trains, and really bad artifacting and glitching. I've never seen glitching like this. My 980ti runs everything smoothly. Witcher 3 and even ran Batman AK without any problems at all... but this for whatever reason is giving me the only real issue I've ever had in a game. Anyone experiencing anything like this?

RIP your GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom