• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any news of treasure lately? Just makes me worry that there has been no news for nearly two years on that front, especially if Ikaruga did well.

PC gaming is so rad
20151125_213909apuqq.png

I just started playing AC Syndicate on PC... As far as I've heard it's great. Much better than Unity. But I just started it and had nothing but wierd glitches like hanging out in the air, semi transparent ghost trains, and really bad artifacting and glitching. I've never seen glitching like this. My 980ti runs everything smoothly. Witcher 3 and even ran Batman AK without any problems at all... but this for whatever reason is giving me the only real issue I've ever had in a game. Anyone experiencing anything like this?

I had little to no issues with AC Syndicate's performance. Unfortunately I just can't get myself to play it anymore. I enjoyed Unity a lot more.

I just started playing AC Syndicate on PC... As far as I've heard it's great. Much better than Unity. But I just started it and had nothing but wierd glitches like hanging out in the air, semi transparent ghost trains, and really bad artifacting and glitching. I've never seen glitching like this. My 980ti runs everything smoothly. Witcher 3 and even ran Batman AK without any problems at all... but this for whatever reason is giving me the only real issue I've ever had in a game. Anyone experiencing anything like this?
I think stretched textures means overheating or something generally? In any case, it is not a good sign.
is Civ 5 BNW worth it my dudes? 7.50 currently
Do you own Civ5? If not, buy that instead.

Do you want a modernised Alpha Centauri? Play Alpha Centauri instead.

If you're still with me, then I must say I can't recommend it. There are better 4Xes out there.

RIP your GPU

It's not the GPU, it's running every other game perfectly fine. All benchmark test show no signs of overheating or anything else. I've deleted the game and reinstalled it twice today. The PC was just refreshed this week as well, so it's not anything to do wtih the OS either. Anyone have any other suggestions? I waited on the PC version because I wanted it to be the best version.

Did you change settings in Nvidia? AF, FXAA, MFAA etc.? Try to revert to default there and try again. Happened to me in some game. Glitches came only when I manually changed settings in the Nvidia panel.

fertygo

It's not the GPU, it's running every other game perfectly fine. All benchmark test show no signs of overheating or anything else. I've deleted the game and reinstalled it twice today. The PC was just refreshed this week as well, so it's not anything to do wtih the OS either. Anyone have any other suggestions? I waited on the PC version because I wanted it to be the best version.

Last time I get similar thing to this, my GPU is overheating

so I dunno dude, benchmark not always showing thing right

$50 if you own nothing.
$30 if you own the base game but no dlc.
$20 if you own base game and all dlc.

Not sure why the sale pricing on the upgrade gets squirrelly, but the general pricing structure seems fair to me and I was happy to pay the $20 to go through what was essentially the "director's cut" of the game and enjoy it all over again. At the time, I hadn't even played the DLC because I was waiting for all of it to be released... and then shortly after, they announced this was coming.

I think we agree. The sale price they put it up for is really a cluster fuck and the source of my frustration.

Is Huniepop the game where you make girls cum by playing Bejeweled? Is the rest of the game sassy like the one video I've seen with the two trashy girls having spewing garbage at each other?

GOTY

That makes three of us. It's really one of maybe 3 games keeping me from being able to toss my 360 into a dumpster somewhere.

Yup. My 360 already is offline, but there are a few things I'd really like to have on another platform so I can just mostly retire it for good (not sure it will ever be totally dead as I have all that rockband content on it).

Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Charlie Murder
Guardian Heroes
Radiant Silvergun
Guwange

That's off the top of my head.

I know a lot of people want Shadow Complex too... but I'm not it's biggest fan and I don't think it'd hold up well compared to some of the newer metroidvania type games that have come out since then... but for legacy purposes, I'd still probably grab it.

There's also more Cave shmups of course.

Mushishesmama worked in NA... but the key I got for Cities was listed as invalid....
Contact them, my Skylines key redeemed without issues and I live in the US so you just got a bum key. Have never heard of that happening with nuuvem! I'm sure you did but just double check that you aren't accidentally including a space when copy pasting the game key.

Edit: Actually, now that I remember I had trouble with my NBA 2K16 key and had to contact them so it does happen.

impact

Banned
I think stretched textures means overheating or something generally? In any case, it is not a good sign.

Do you own Civ5? If not, buy that instead.

Do you want a modernised Alpha Centauri? Play Alpha Centauri instead.

If you're still with me, then I must say I can't recommend it. There are better 4Xes out there.

yea I do, and I really like it but I'm really casual in the strategy genre

HgHQWW9.png

is BNW disappointing or just not worth the current asking price?

yea I do, and I really like it but I'm really casual in the strategy genre

HgHQWW9.png

is BNW disappointing or just not worth the current asking price?

Oh wait, I'm an idiot. Sorry. I was thinking of Beyond Earth, not Civ5's expansion Brave New World.

Buy Brave New World it's fantastic. Civ5's expansions both do fantastic work to expand the game. G&K expands the early game and BNW the late game. For BNW in particular, the trade routes are a real big gamechanger.

The only thing that sucks is that the standalone price of the xpacs are insane when compared to the GotY bundle thing. But if you've bought in early on there's no way to avoid that. Big publishers know how to reward their faithful customers...

Contact them, my Skylines key redeemed without issues and I live in the US so you just got a bum key. Have never heard of that happening with nuuvem! I'm sure you did but just double check that you aren't accidentally including a space when copy pasting the game key.

Edit: Actually, now that I remember I had trouble with my NBA 2K16 key and had to contact them so it does happen.

I'll shoot them an email, but the fact that it explicitly says that it isn't available for purchase in my country on the redemption screen is concerning.

Last time I get similar thing to this, my GPU is overheating

so I dunno dude, benchmark not always showing thing right

Most of the time when there is heavy artifacting yeah, its a overheating issue, but I've never seen stretched textures be a symptom of overheating. Usually, streching is a cause with settings or corrupted files.

I figured it out though, it definately was Nvidia's MFAA being enabled. I turned that sucker off and it runs perfectly. Oh well, at least it wasn't anything serious. Thanks for the quick input guys!

I'll shoot them an email, but the fact that it explicitly says that it isn't available for purchase in my country on the redemption screen is concerning.
Mushishesmama says the same thing, it doesn't matter. The only time where those notices are important is when they say they're only redeemable in certain South American countries.

As I said, I redeemed keys for both of those games an hour or two ago with no issues.

So I bought the Civ : Beyond Earth Bundle for $40

Only problem is all I see is the base game, and when I go to right click on the base game , view DLC the expansion doesn't show up??

impact

Banned
Oh wait, I'm an idiot. Sorry. I was thinking of Beyond Earth, not Civ5's expansion Brave New World.

Buy Brave New World it's fantastic. Civ5's expansions both do fantastic work to expand the game. G&K expands the early game and BNW the late game. For BNW in particular, the trade routes are a real big gamechanger.

The only thing that sucks is that the standalone price of the xpacs are insane when compared to the GotY bundle thing. But if you've bought in early on there's no way to avoid that. Big publishers know how to reward their faithful customers...

sweet, I'm gonna pull the trigger cause there's nothing else on this sale I want at it's current price and I would feel bad if I bought someone a gift but nothing for myself. BNW + korea DLC inc!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Going to get to work on the Steam Autumn Sales 2015 Hidden Deals Thread. I was away all day, so I'm going to go do some digging right now, but anyone have any suggestions to throw on there as I get to working on the thread?

Mushishesmama says the same thing, it doesn't matter. The only time where those notices are important is when they say they're only redeemable in certain South American countries.

As I said, I redeemed keys for both of those games an hour or two ago with no issues.

I meant in the actual activation of the Cities key on Steam. But good to know I have precedent to point to. Thanks.

So I bought the Civ : Beyond Earth Bundle for $40

Only problem is all I see is the base game, and when I go to right click on the base game , view DLC the expansion doesn't show up??

Does anyone know if this is just me being stupid or if this is a common issue with steam? That you buy bundles and only get the base game?

Ventara

Any of you guys have opinions on any of these games? They're on my wishlist and discounted enough for me to buy. Just wanna hear some thoughts before I pull the trigger on some of them.

LA Cops
Halfway
Craft The World
Magicite
HuniePop
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Highlands
Love At First Sight
The Escapists
Amnesia
Alien: Isolation

Also debating whether I should consider these. I wanted deeper discounts, but some of them have been out for a while and haven't gone lower, so I'm thinking of getting them, too.

This War of Mine
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Beyond Eyes
Submerged

Can't get all, so I want to cut the list down based on which might get bundled or cut further down the road.

Nete

Door Kickers is pretty fun.

Best Rainbow Six game of the last 11 years.

Any of you guys have opinions on any of these games? They're on my wishlist and discounted enough for me to buy. Just wanna hear some thoughts before I pull the trigger on some of them.

Halfway

Halfway is a a good game, but it lacks diversity in a lot of things (items, enemies for the most part of the game.. the characters would be nice with more abilities too). It will give you around 16-18 hours of playtime. At the current price, I would go for it.

Alien is great, and that's from someone who *hates* horror games.

Going to get to work on the Steam Autumn Sales 2015 Hidden Deals Thread. I was away all day, so I'm going to go do some digging right now, but anyone have any suggestions to throw on there as I get to working on the thread?

Doorkickers
Hexcells Complete Pack
Lyne
Gunpoint
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

I meant in the actual activation of the Cities key on Steam. But good to know I have precedent to point to. Thanks.
It's worth noting that if a key was region locked it would tell you, if it says invalid it means you've literally been given an invalid key. It's not related to region at all.

Can you link a guide to use VPN?
I'm not really sure of any, it's pretty simple. Just use a free vpn service with a trial like flyvpn, use the information given on their website to sign in, connect to the country in which you're trying to unlock a game early from or buy from a store, and then do your business and disconnect.

It's worth noting that you will get banned for using a vpn to buy games from another region's steam store so never do that. Only use a vpn to buy games from nuuvem or redeem a key you have on steam.

Some recent RPGs with quite decent discounts:
Grandia II
Dungeons II
Evoland 2
Shantae
Victor Vran
Fairy Fencer F

Why is Shantae in this list?0

LA Cops
Halfway
Craft The World
Magicite
HuniePop
Highlands
Love At First Sight
The Escapists
Amnesia

Also debating whether I should consider these. I wanted deeper discounts, but some of them have been out for a while and haven't gone lower, so I'm thinking of getting them, too.

This War of Mine
Beyond Eyes
Submerged

Can't get all, so I want to cut the list down based on which might get bundled or cut further down the road.

Out of the games I own, the subset I've actually spent time with and/or finished includes:

Alien Isolation

If you're into tense games and like the Alien franchise, Alien Isolation nails pretty much everything, especially if you play it on the harder difficulties.

If you like walking simulators with a story and some really nice environments, Ethan Carter is a solid time. But it's a bit short and it's hard to tell what you will think of the story when finished. Puzzles are relatively light, unless you're achievement hunting... and then there's a tricky/obtuse achievement or two. Overall it's a solid experience.

LA Cops sadly terrible (will get bundled)
Halfway Maybe a bit too long and suffers from "another wave" syndrome but pretty cool. (Has been bundled)
Craft The World
Magicite
HuniePop
Defense Grid: The Awakening Good TD, but still a TD
Highlands Haven't played a lot, but very high quality game.
Love At First Sight
The Escapists
Amnesia
Alien: Isolation awesome but maybe a little long

This War of Mine
Beyond Eyes
Submerged

I dunno how you want to organise it with the sales in such a jumble, so I'll just name everything I can think of (some are currently or may be highlighted on the front page):

Age of Wonders 3
One Way Heroics
The Blackwell Bundle + Epiphany
Wadjet Eye-published adventure games (Gemini Rue, Resonance, etc)
Civ5 Complete
XCOM: EU
Risk of Rain
Rogue Legacy
Spiderweb Software RPGs (Avadon, Avernum, Geneforge)
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Endless Legend
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Toki Tori 2+
This War of Mine
Overlord 1 & 2
Hammerfight

And looking over some of my lesser-known favourites in my library, they aren't discounted at all. Sorta disappointing, honestly.

LA Cops
Halfway
Craft The World
Magicite
HuniePop
Highlands
Love At First Sight
The Escapists
Amnesia

This War of Mine
Beyond Eyes
Submerged

This War of Mine is really thought-provoking and cool. It gamifies your concience and morality; what will you do to survive? Might have a better sale come Christmas. I really had fun with it so I highly recommend it.

Ventara

Halfway is a a good game, but it lacks diversity in a lot of things (items, enemies for the most part of the game.. the characters would be nice with more abilities too). It will give you around 16-18 hours of playtime. At the current price, I would go for it.

Alien is great, and that's from someone who *hates* horror games.

Out of the games I own, the subset I've actually spent time with and/or finished includes:

Alien Isolation

If you're into tense games and like the Alien franchise, Alien Isolation nails pretty much everything, especially if you play it on the harder difficulties.

If you like walking simulators with a story and some really nice environments, Ethan Carter is a solid time. But it's a bit short and it's hard to tell what you will think of the story when finished. Puzzles are relatively light, unless you're achievement hunting... and then there's a tricky/obtuse achievement or two. Overall it's a solid experience.

This War of Mine is really thought-provoking and cool. It gamifies your concience and morality; what will you do to survive? Might have a better sale come Christmas. I really had fun with it so I highly recommend it.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll pass on Halfway. Sounds like it's a good game that's worth the price, but at the same time not that great. Backlog is too big for that.

I'll pick up Aliens and This War of Mine (I've been waiting so long for this to hit 75% off that I don't care anymore).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I don't tend to only look at the hitbox unless there is a big swarm coming right at me. Getting a good lay of the land and planning accordingly to bullet path and speed seems better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom