• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

I just noticed GTA V is already -40% off. Didn't expect that from Rockstar.

Hopefully in Summer sale -75% off then, or am I being too optimistic?

r3n4ud

This is the non-Steam version. You gotta go here to activate

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited -- MB-D474F2E6569F7166 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 9 entrants total.

t1448561380z1.png

Is there a good resource for save files somewhere? I lost my Dark Souls 2 SotS save and I don't want to start over again after finishing the PS3 version and original PC version. Suppose it's hard given the non linear nature to replicate my progress.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there a good resource for save files somewhere? I lost my Dark Souls 2 SotS save and I don't want to start over again after finishing the PS3 version and original PC version. Suppose it's hard given the non linear nature to replicate my progress.
i can maybe find u my save? i got cleared ng++ and cleared ng+ i think

with soul vessels you can respec

edit: oh wait u want sots. nvm then, mine's just base game+dlc

Chloe Price is a shell of a character with no real development and one of the most hamfisted depictions of rebellion I've ever seen.
voice actress performance is still pretty good tho

like i said before, she's lke a manic dream pixie girl thing, but she's likable and unique for videogames, so i'll let it slide

I just noticed GTA V is already -40% off. Didn't expect that from Rockstar.

Hopefully in Summer sale -75% off then, or am I being too optimistic?
very optimistic imo, there'll probably just be a complete edition released or something by then?

i dunno

AHA-Lambda

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but there's a pricing error on Newegg.

King's Quest Collection for $9.99

You can also use the promo code EMCKKNT58 to bring the price even lower.

Newegg requires somebody from the US to purchase it as I got my friend from the US to buy a copy for myself and I've also redeemed it into my Steam account to confirm that it is the full collection and not the single episode.

Is this still available? Could someone get me one and I'll PayPal?

Asgaro

How "necessary" is it to have the Skyrim DLC when you want to mod the game?
I have read a few times over the years that having the DLC could help, but is it essential?
I played Fallout New Vegas without any DLC last year, and I had no problems playing with the +- 30 mods I wanted. Lots of well known ones were in there and I can't remember being disappointed that one required DLC.
Is it really that different with Skyrim?

(The situation is: I bought Skyrim last year for super cheap. Haven't gotten into it yet so I have zero playtime.
Maybe I can try asking for a refund and then buy the Legendary Edition IF it's truly an advantage.)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-7CF0DEEE7EB95D8D - Taken by ThirtyFour
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-F68CB5A5D73BB917 - Taken by provista
Mystery Gift -- MB-969BF9666248157F - Taken by Henry Swanson

SSPssp

Yay Newegg!

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Final Fantasy XIII -- MB-E9E27826029F31FE - Taken by gelf. 20 entrants total.

t1448563600z1.png

The fact that no one has gotten the XII trivia is further proof of the lewdness that is abundant here. The shit poor ModBot must have to parse.

Google is your friend.

How "necessary" is it to have the Skyrim DLC when you want to mod the game?
I have read a few times over the years that having the DLC could help, but is it essential?
I played Fallout New Vegas without any DLC last year, and I had no problems playing with the +- 30 mods I wanted. Lots of well known ones were in there and I can't remember being disappointed that one required DLC.
Is it really that different with Skyrim?

(The situation is: I bought Skyrim last year for super cheap. Haven't gotten into it yet so I have zero playtime.
Maybe I can try asking for a refund and then buy the Legendary Edition IF it's truly an advantage.)

In my experience most mods will support vanilla and all DLC separately. So you should be fine.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but there's a pricing error on Newegg.

King's Quest Collection for $9.99

You can also use the promo code EMCKKNT58 to bring the price even lower.

Newegg requires somebody from the US to purchase it as I got my friend from the US to buy a copy for myself and I've also redeemed it into my Steam account to confirm that it is the full collection and not the single episode.

Seems like I can't buy it even if I use my borderlinx US address and a CC. Oh well, I don't like unfinished episodic games anyway
:(

AsylumX

Pull the trigger on a few things. Skyrim Legendary Edition and SR IV upgrade pack. Not too bad this sale, a few games to mess around until the holiday's sale.

Tizoc

On reddit they were saying you just put in a US address and use paypal to pay. Is that not working?

Lol, I didn't realize that!

Use a US address for paypal as well. paypal will ask for the card to be paid with as well as the billing addres so make sure the paypal billing address is a us one as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Undertale is probably my GOTY.

Here is a list of things. If you like any of these things, you'll want to play Undertale:
- Earthbound
- Super Mario RPG
- Chrono Trigger
- Cave Bullet Hell Shooters
- The parts of MGS1 where the game plays tricks on you
- Crunchy Chiptune music
- Chillwave music
- Games with smart, warm dialogue
- Games where you don't need to fight
- Games with multiple endings that differ significantly from one another
- Bad puns
- Empathy

One thing going in:
- It might look like you need to fight one of the first major bosses. It may suggest that you need to fight one of the first major bosses. You don't. Just keep being you

Unicorn

Oh, also, finding deals on PC parts is a headache and like finding a needle in the haystack. Is there a thread or way to parse PC stuff? In the market to upgrade, but not build a whole new rig.

r3n4ud

Here is a list of things. If you like any of these things, you'll want to play Undertale:
- Earthbound
- Super Mario RPG
- Chrono Trigger
- Crunchy Chiptune music
- Chillwave music
- Bad puns
- Empathy

One thing going in:
- It might look like you need to fight one of the first major bosses. It may suggest that you need to fight one of the first major bosses. You don't. Just keep being you

I need to delete my save and give the game another go. I was killing shit left and right and not having fun. Guess I was doing it wrong.

AHA-Lambda

Use a US address for paypal as well. paypal will ask for the card to be paid with as well as the billing addres so make sure the paypal billing address is a us one as well.

won't it still recognise my card attached to paypal as international?

EDIT: trying to change it, it still recognises it as UK.

Jazz573

- Earthbound
- Super Mario RPG
- Chrono Trigger
- Crunchy Chiptune music
- Chillwave music
- Bad puns
- Empathy

One thing going in:

Yeah, I wasn't aware of this the first time through. I felt like an idiot when I realized how easy it was.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I need to delete my save and give the game another go. I was killing shit left and right and not having fun. Guess I was doing it wrong.

I find it funny that you hadn't considered that the game would recognize that you deleted your save file and castigate you for trying to rewrite the past. We all know what you did.

BEEP BEEP steamgaf! They ALL hug down here. When you're down here with us, you'll hug too!
Xa7rDfd.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dropsy -- MB-B6970D44F13E33DF - Taken by Hektor. 33 entrants total.

t1448574701z1.png

AHA-Lambda

Mine got through now, waiting for the code. I was facing the same error you were and I have an international credit card too. Fingers crossed.

If it comes through let me know how you did it.

Reading through the gamedeals reddit, I'm hearing international people getting charged and then having the code refused =/

EDIT: seems you can't change country of paypal account from what I've read?

r3n4ud

I find it funny that you hadn't considered that the game would recognize that you deleted your save file and castigate you for trying to rewrite the past. We all know what you did.

Fine. I'll install the game on my wife's laptop then! I just wanna rewrite my wrong's. Damn game lol

Ludens

Banned
Humble "Repeats 2.0" Bundle.

No, Beyond Eyes it's not worth, not even for free. The idea behind it is nice, the execution is poor, boring and frustrating.

Shepard

If it comes through let me know how you did it.

Reading through the gamedeals reddit, I'm hearing international people getting charged and then having the code refused =/

EDIT: seems you can't change country of paypal account from what I've read?

Got the Code! I used my default Paypal account (I live in Brazil), but when I got to the paypal review order page (the same one where you choose your payment method), I added a new US address and chose it. You have to add it in the checkout page or else you'll only be able to add another address from your own country.

Vazduh

Humble "Repeats 2.0" Bundle.

No, Beyond Eyes it's not worth, not even for free. The idea behind it is nice, the execution is poor, boring and frustrating.

Best thing about this bundle is 66% off coupon for The Escapists that expires 1.1. Will probably stack with winter discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom