• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've decided for everything to buy on the sale now, feels good.

Going to pick up:
Xcom: enemy within
Dungeon of the endless
legend of grimrock 2
Downwell

If you feel like giving som suggestions about changing one of them out go on :D

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I should Overclock my i5 4670k, I even bought one of those giant Noctua coolers a few months ago just so I could do it.

Took me almost 6 months till I finally managed to do some OCing :D

I've decided for everything to buy on the sale now, feels good.

Going to pick up:
Xcom: enemy within
Dungeon of the endless
legend of grimrock 2
Downwell

If you feel like giving som suggestions about changing one of them out go on :D
I bought Downwell on iOS, because it's 0.99 on App Store, also because it feels like a game I would more likely to play on my mobile devices than on my PC.

Salsa

14 hours in now and Dying Light single player on Hard is truly great.

http://giant.gfycat.com/YawningImpeccableIchneumonfly.webm

I didnt like Dead Island at all but thought there was something to that style of game and this is definetly it.

FYI: the Hard mode was introduced into a later patch, way after release, and it changes the whole thing. I didnt mess with Normal but by reading about the exploits and how easy the game becomes I gotta say this feels like the way to play it. It can feel cheap, but at the same time it manages to walk that line where consequences for dying are real, and you gotta be prepared for every situation. Ive equally wanted to throw my keyboard out the window when dying and losing most of my XP as much as feeling like doing a victory lap when I achieve something challenging and everything goes according to plan.

really enjoying it, wasnt expecting to do so this much.

http://fat.gfycat.com/DefenselessRapidFoal.webm

Salsa

wonder if I should get The Evil Within season pass on Nuuvem for $5

I loved the main game but havent heard much great stuff about the DLC

gelf

It depends what you liked about the main game really. I loved EW but didn't like the DLC too much as it was mostly hide and seek horror, which isn't my thing at all.

The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass

or

The Witcher 3 + Life is Strange

2_gif26.gif26.gif

Among the alcohol that was forced upon me and all the dark meat i ate, i for one am tired. Happy Thanksgiving to my American steam gaffers and well wishes to everyone else!

FLD

If you thought the stealth was the best part of the main game, then you can't go wrong with it. It's more of the same but with much less shooting.

I bought a new gpu through a generous gaffer and can't wait for it to get here. Yeeee.

Debating picking up Rising, Sleeping Dogs, and Wolfenstein. Good prices but will I play it, before winter sale even? I think Rising gets the nod, as I don't have anything like that.

Witcher + LiS. Variety is good, and the Witcher pass will be cheaper later.

Witcher 3 and LiS is more variety.
You have enough content in W3 already that you can hold off on the Season Pass.

Problem is, I've already own a gog copy and beaten the game. And if I want to start my new game+ and expansion run, I'd rather play the steam version. The expansion pass is yet to see a discount and won't be at least until the 2nd expansion released.

On the other hand, I'd be damned if I skipped LiS this year. It's such a huge GOTY contender here on SteamGaf, right? or perhaps I can still get it next month on winter sale.

Edit: Ok, I've made up my mind.

N3UO8Xl.png

Lain

Problem is, I've already own a gog copy and beaten the game. And if I want to start my new game+ and expansion run, I'd rather play the steam version. The expansion pass is yet to see a discount and won't be at least until the 2nd expansion released.

On the other hand, I'd be damned if I skipped LiS this year. It's such a huge GOTY contender here on SteamGaf, right? or perhaps I can still get it next month on winter sale.

If you already own W3 on GOG, then wait for a 75% off on Steam I say. Although, why would you rather do NG+ on the Steam version? For achievement reasons?

Grab LiS and save the rest of the money for the winter sale, where you'll more than likely find W3 again waiting for you and maybe then you'll succumb and buy it on Steam.

Tenrius

Is there anyone who didn't particularly like Divinity: Original Sin (the original release, have no idea about the enhanced edition) and wants to talk about it?

I constantly see people giving glowing praise to this game and it feels like they only played the first act for a bit or something. The combat is amazing but the game becomes a real slog roughly after the first third. I honestly can't bring myself to finish it.

Wrote a long post discussing its flaws, but it came out too long and bloated, don't have time to thoroughly edit it.

If you already own W3 on GOG, then wait for a 75% off on Steam I say. Although, why would you rather do NG+ on the Steam version? For achievement reasons?

Grab LiS and save the rest of the money for the winter sale, where you'll more than likely find W3 again waiting for you and maybe then you'll succumb and buy it on Steam.

After I'm finished with Fallout 4, I'll need another lengthy adventure until Dragon's Dogma hit Steam next January, and W3 will be perfect for that. I guess I can finish LiS in a week or so. I highly doubt the Witcher 3 will go any deeper on the winter sale though, so I bought it now anyway.

Achievements might be one reason, but they are never essential for me. The main reason is, I need it to take the throne of my favorite game.

atXZIaZ.png

Parsnip

From this to the abomination that was Tiny Tina to the best character of the year, Chloe Price.

I have no idea how that happened. It's astonishing.

Decent writing is what happened.

Also the fact that Anthony Burch didn't have anything to do with Life is Strange probably helped a ton.

FloatOn

Ugh I ate so much today.... I want a to fuck around on steam but I can't seem to do anything but lay here and listen to my bloody valentine.

gurm3n

Neo Member
After I'm finished with Fallout 4, I'll need another lengthy adventure until Dragon's Dogma hit Steam next January, and W3 will be perfect for that. I guess I can finish LiS in a week or so. I highly doubt the Witcher 3 will go any deeper on the winter sale though, so I bought it now anyway.

Achievements might be one reason, but they are never essential for me. The main reason is, I need it to take the throne of my favorite game.

atXZIaZ.png

You just reminded that Dragon Age: Origins was on Steam and I rushed to check if there were discounts. Both DA:O and the expansion are 75% off. Do these Steam versions come with all the DLCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom