• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Oh I binged on Jessica Jones today too

Jessic_Jones.jpg

I found a new waifu in the process

You just reminded that Dragon Age: Origins was on Steam and I rushed to check if there were discounts. Both DA:O and the expansion are 75% off. Do these Steam versions come with all the DLCs?

No, Steam version doesn't have any DLC on it. But you can redeem some free DLCs from the bioware community site. I don't think you can buy the big DLCs (campaigns) like Leliana's Song, Witch Hunt, etc on Steam though. And that's suck. :/

sadblob

No, Steam version doesn't have any DLC on it. But you can redeem some free DLCs from the bioware community site. I don't think you can buy the big DLCs (campaigns) like Leliana's Song, Witch Hunt, etc on Steam though. And that's suck. :/

I think this is the Ultimate Version, but the link is broken for me

gurm3n

Neo Member

Damn, that sucks :(. Thanks for the info!

I think this is the Ultimate Version, but the link is broken for me

This version includes all DLC:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/

Edit: beaten like an Elf in the slums

Link is broken for me as well, might be region locked :(.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-4CEB12F383C0E2FB - Taken by rtcn63

Panda Rin

King's Quest is fantastic...feel like it's being swept under the rug in comparison to Telltale's offerings. Hoping it gets its fair share of attention when all of the episodes are released. Well executed, great voice acting, charming, and it's more game-y than others in the genre.

omfg Life is Strange ep 3. I couldn't stay up late enough to play Ep 4. What an enthralling game. It's like TellTale's games, only with an engine that isn't garbage, genuine gameplay, and a structure that benefits the episodic nature of the series; Tales From the Borderland may be their best work, but at this juncture I don't know whether it can beat Life is Strange. The final two episodes will tell the full tale.

The wait to start Ep 4 today has been torturous.

Haunted

Writing up some short impressions of games I've played recently just to get them out of my system.

Dr. Green seems like a competent homage to 8-bit Mega Man, with a limited enemy pool and tileset, but era-appropriate music and level design.

Downwell is good. As someone who greatly dislikes the limited duotone art style (much like Luftrausers) it's a bit straining on the eye, but what's there in terms of fast, relentless arcade gameplay is excellent. I could see this being surprisingly deep, if the game holds up on repeated play sessions.

The mobile remake of Colin McRae Rally now ported to PC is the Super Mario Bros. 3 of racing games. Everything feels totally fake, like a stage play about a rally game instead of an actual rally game. From the ground looking like painted papier mâché to the cardboard cutouts that are supposed to represent trees and bushes and people and fences, the blocky low poly environments that lack detail like they're miniature model approximations of the real thing to the actual handling of the car... which doesn't handle anything like any car would, more like a kid skidding his matchbox car over a sheet of ice while making motor noises with their mouth - it's all fake. Kinda surreal. Not fun. Not recommended.

Deadcore is an interesting first person parkour thing, requiring fast reflexes and precise fingers, only really seems playable with kb/m, imo. Precision platforming in first person has almost never been pulled off right, and a lauded game like Mirror's Edge for example had a ton of preemptive "snapping" animations in place to make up for the lack of precision, but so far, they kinda pull it off by giving the player a very generous low gravity double jump and complete air control. The abstract art style is nice, but I can't see myself playing much more as there's not really much in terms of a story driving me forward and pushing through the ever more complicated setups, making me endure the repetition of learning a section until I stop slipping off the edge of yet another moving cube into a laser grid.

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth continues to suck up my time like nothing else. Still addictive as fuck and one of the best releases of the year.

Sarcasm

I've decided for everything to buy on the sale now, feels good.

Going to pick up:
Xcom: enemy within
Dungeon of the endless
legend of grimrock 2
Downwell

If you feel like giving som suggestions about changing one of them out go on :D

If you are going to play (and possibly beat) it before winter looks good. But if not wait. Dungeon is fun with people though. We can play together.

Jazz573

Writing up some short impressions of games I've played recently just to get them out of my system.

Dr. Green seems like a competent homage to 8-bit Mega Man, with a limited enemy pool and tileset, but era-appropriate music and level design.

Downwell is good. As someone who greatly dislikes the limited duotone art style (much like Luftrausers) it's a bit straining on the eye, but what's there in terms of fast, relentless arcade gameplay is excellent. I could see this being surprisingly deep, if the game holds up on repeated play sessions.

The mobile remake of Colin McRae Rally now ported to PC is the Super Mario Bros. 3 of racing games. Everything feels totally fake, like a stage play about a rally game instead of an actual rally game. From the ground looking like painted papier mâché to the cardboard cutouts that are supposed to represent trees and bushes and people and fences, the blocky low poly environments that lack detail like they're miniature model approximations of the real thing to the actual handling of the car... which doesn't handle anything like any car would, more like a kid skidding his matchbox car over a sheet of ice while making motor noises with their mouth - it's all fake. Kinda surreal. Not fun. Not recommended.

Deadcore is an interesting first person parkour thing, requiring fast reflexes and precise fingers, only really seems playable with kb/m, imo. Precision platforming in first person has almost never been pulled off right, and a lauded game like Mirror's Edge for example had a ton of preemptive "snapping" animations in place to make up for the lack of precision, but so far, they kinda pull it off by giving the player a very generous low gravity double jump and complete air control. The abstract art style is nice, but I can't see myself playing much more as there's not really much in terms of a story driving me forward and pushing through the ever more complicated setups, making me endure the repetition of learning a section until I stop slipping off the edge of yet another moving cube into a laser grid.

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth continues to suck up my time like nothing else. Still addictive as fuck and one of the best releases of the year.

So it's a great game then?

Tenrius

are there any games like Fire Emblem on PC?

hex based, build up squad with xp, items, japanese-esque

Sengoku Rance lol. I haven't played it myself but saw a thread about it the other day and heard good things about it in general. Be advised that it's quite controversial though.

Jazz573

Sengoku Rance lol. I haven't played it myself but saw a thread about it the other day and heard good things about it in general. Be advised that it's quite controversial though.

Lol. But it's not really the same kind of SRPG.

In the same line (18+), but not really controversial, Utwarerumono is great and actually plays a lot more like FE, well I guess more FFT, but whatever. It has fun gameplay and has a great story.

chronomac

One of my favorites this year. Enjoy it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grow Home -- MB-A9AB3360CDA2C03C - Taken by Bayonetta. 9 entrants total.

t1448600622z1.png
I definitely accidentally typed Gone Home in the PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom