• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer just attempted a coup against me... It almost installed Windows 10 on it's own, under the pretense of downloading it. (Declining the EULA will cancel the process, fortunately.) The weird part is that I already downloaded it a while back, so I dunno what happened.

Watch out, y'all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

kurahador

Ughhhh not even close to any of these goddesses

rs_560x415-15042815375yxmr.jpg

Ehhh...she looks like an average south east asian city girl to me.

0.50033443349/10

Anyone enjoying or getting into the games from the sale that they've bought? I'm four bosses into Axiom Verge and really enjoying it. Also three hours into Lisa.

LIFE IS STRANGE, GURO. It's the reason to exist.
I'm glad you're enjoying it as I was at first but upon rewatching giantbomb play it I've started to realize how bad most of the dialogue is and the last episode has a very simplistic outlook of the art community.

Definitely looking forward to what dontnod do next though.

list is kinda weird tho, no explanation on the results whatsoever

like for a site called game debate it's really weird that it's just a list

it's not, click on the games and they have a brief description for their reason being there

like for LiS

Life is Strange flew under the radar for much of the year, and in some sense it still does, but what Dontnod has achieved is pretty special. What began as a twee teenage adventure unfolded into one of the most gripping episodic sagas in gaming. Max Caulfield’s tale of a girl who harnessed the ability to manipulate time is as fascinating as it is shocking and unpredictable. Easily one of the finest of the new breed of adventure games popularised by Telltale.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's not, click on the games and they have a brief description for their reason being there

like for LiS
ah i see

well their reason for doto winning best moba is garbage but ok, at least there's a reason

When Evil Geniuses stepped up to the stage at the DOTA 2 Internationals this and received $6.6 million between the five of them from a total prize pool of $18 million, there can be little doubt DOTA 2 has landed in the big time. League of Legends might boast the player count but DOTA 2 bags the prestige of the biggest money events, making it one of the most competitive MOBA games in the world.

and that's all the text there is

this is not how you do game of the year lists

The Life is Strange-speak is already leaking out of my mind. I can't hold onto such hip lingo.
I think something might have been lost in translation...

Idlemaster is running and not working. He followed all the raisins it might not work to no avail, and now he beseeches you for aid.

Oh and also, don't forget to worship the Sacred Raisin.
I'm glad you're enjoying it as I was at first but upon rewatching giantbomb play it I've started to realize how bad most of the dialogue is and the last episode has a very simplistic outlook of the art community.

Definitely looking forward to what dontnod do next though.

Though it's definitely overbearing in Ep 1 and 2, I think it has it's charm. At the very least, it gives the dialog a very unmistakeable identity.

Khronico

Playing Pillars of Eternity has made me realize I don't enjoy cRPG combat at all and I'm bummed out. Fortunately the writing, world building, characters, etc is all engrossing enough for me to mostly ignore it, but still... I dunno, I just don't like combat in that style and I'm not sure why.

zkylon

zkylewd
Playing Pillars of Eternity has made me realize I don't enjoy cRPG combat at all and I'm bummed out. Fortunately the writing, world building, characters, etc is all engrossing enough for me to mostly ignore it, but still... I dunno, I just don't like combat in that style and I'm not sure why.

i find turn based with pause to be too hectic for me, i'm no good at controlling multiple units in real time and games with rtwp just frustrate me

u should try divinity, that game has cool combat

Echoplx

Playing Divinity Original Sin has ruined all other crpg games for me, combat is too good.

Khronico

i find turn based with pause to be too hectic for me, i'm no good at controlling multiple units in real time and games with rtwp just frustrate me

u should try divinity, that game has cool combat

Yea RTWP is not for me I think, my brain can't handle all these spell/combat skill options so I end up just playing it like an RTS and auto attacking everything.

I've heard really good things about Divinity's combat system, it's one of the reasons I'd like to play it someday.

jediyoshi

There's also some pretty lewd SFM stuff. Not that I would know anything about that. :p

I don't know if it's even a slight exaggeration to say there's at least a 2:1 ratio of lewd to not lewd SFM animated content. Valve really opened the flood gates there.

Knurek

are there any games like Fire Emblem on PC?

hex based, build up squad with xp, items, japanese-esque

Pretty much direct clone.
(0% discount, obviously)

Both Age of Fear games might fit your bill as well.
(50% off, have been 75% previously. First on is in a DIG Bundle at the moment)

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea RTWP is not for me I think, my brain can't handle all these spell/combat skill options so I end up just playing it like an RTS and auto attacking everything.
i personally don't like the system at all, feels too chaotic and hard to control

i'd rather it be turn based if i'm gonna have that many options, or at least be one single character like in league

I've heard really good things about Divinity's combat system, it's one of the reasons I'd like to play it someday.
it's really good in some respects (combat, fun emergent gameplay mechanics, early quest design), not so great in others (story, later areas, pacing) but it's still a top tier rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom