• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
German Steam Vita GAF,

Mediamarkt is selling the Playstation TV for 15€ including three games, just bought one... cause why not

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_sony-playstation-tv-1919222.html

sorry for OT

Be sure you buy a memory card too, and those things are expensive as hell.
Here Gamestop is selling PSTV for 21€, I was thinking of buying it to play Vita games I have from Plus, but the fact is I can't play them all, so I don't know what to do.

Also I can't log on Humble, I don't receive the sms with validation code.

Errrr....what the what?

Fx2gb5V.png

I should buy Contradiction just because I enjoyed the giantbomb content around it so much. I'd never go so far as to call it a good game though, too many bullshit requirements to advance the story like randomly jerking about the forest inbetween interviews.

I wish games in the same series would stick together in your library. That Amnesia Memories game is right in the middle of the other two completely unrelated Amnesia games.

As I wrote in another thread-

It puts all video game mo-cappers to shame

Ain't that right Jenks?
tumblr_nro1enskFP1qeuiqyo2_500.gif

Oh, it was you! I saw it earlier and meant to praise it, but forgot...

Really nice work, capturing Jenks' many faces.

This reminds me: For anyone unaware, I made the de facto Contradiction OT a while back. Anyone just getting Cotradiction can hop over if they'd like, and profess their undying love of the FMV and game itself... or, y'know, whatevs. Big bummer that it's not on sale right now, though.

Should I not play City Skylines until I have After Dark?

You get the Night/Day cycle and bug fixes free as an update, the only thing you're really pay for are Bike Lanes, Entertainment Districts and maybe a few other things. It's worth buying if you want to support the devs, as they've done a great job with the game so far.

zkylon

zkylewd

this is hilarious

chloe's pinky lol

I should buy Contradiction just because I enjoyed the giantbomb content around it so much. I'd never go so far as to call it a good game though, too many bullshit requirements to advance the story like randomly jerking about the forest inbetween interviews.

i feel like after watching the guys at gb there's little reason to play it yourself

it's a cool game but it's basically a movie so after you've watched it what's the point

You get the Night/Day cycle and bug fixes free as an update, the only thing you're really pay for are Bike Lanes, Entertainment Districts and maybe a few other things. It's worth buying if you want to support the devs, as they've done a great job with the game so far.

Paradox knows how to nurture legs on a game, dang. Crusader Kings II does similar stuff. With the success those two have had, reinvesting in the community must pay off quite well. Certainly makes me want to get their DLCs, for the sake of a better product overall.

I hope Stellaris can be Paradox's third pillar.

Copons

Should I not play City Skylines until I have After Dark?

Just play it with no worries, After Dark paid content isn't essential for anything, and as Luchador said, it's kinda more of a way to support devs.
Updated mods that are After Dark compatible, mean that they make use of the night/day cycle (ie. lighting maps for the night), which is part of the free content, so you should be totally fine.

And of course come check us in the OT for suggestions and whatnot!

Paradox knows how to nurture legs on a game, dang. Crusader Kings II does similar stuff. With the success those two have had, reinvesting in the community must pay off quite well. Certainly makes me want to get their DLCs, for the sake of a better product overall.

Yeah, it's a model I can get behind and support as they do care what their community thinks and plays. They even go as far as to indirectly support mods (such as the CKII Game of Thrones mod), which is amazing.

Thanks, I'll probably buy the dlc when I wake up. I have all of the EUIV and CKII dlc despite not playing the games just because I love what Paradox does. Those are games that would capture me if my mind wasn't full of holes and easily distracted.

Uzzy

Poor Hearts of Iron 4. I do hope that doesn't get lost next year when Stellaris is released!

Hektor

Offtopic life advice: Drive fucking careful when there is black ice. I just landed full force on my ass.

I've decided for everything to buy on the sale now, feels good.

Going to pick up:
Xcom: enemy within
Dungeon of the endless
legend of grimrock 2
Downwell

If you feel like giving som suggestions about changing one of them out go on :D

This is a damn fine list. Shame on you for not owning XCOM already tho.

Ughhhh not even close to any of these goddesses

rs_560x415-15 04281537 5yxmr.jpg

felicity_sm oak _emily_qxab8.jpg

sh an tel-vansantensuzva.jpg

Just another reason Marvel blows.

Gonna Bookmark this post for later.

In what way is Witcha 3 innovative? It's just Witcha 2 in bigger.

Playing Pillars of Eternity has made me realize I don't enjoy cRPG combat at all and I'm bummed out. Fortunately the writing, world building, characters, etc is all engrossing enough for me to mostly ignore it, but still... I dunno, I just don't like combat in that style and I'm not sure why.

Nah, i don't think that got anythign to do with it. PoEcombat just isn't that good. It gets the job done, but if it were solely for the combat i wouldn't play it too.

zkylon

zkylewd
damn talos principle, you were doing so great

two really bad puzzles in a row just made me go fuck it and ragequit

puzzles in which you can die and have to redo a really long section and big red herring puzzles are really bad and frustrating design. that's not good puzzle design and even if the game up until this point had a few puzzles like these and had a bit of trial and error to it it was never this bad

i'm also really tired of the text, it's not fun or evocative anymore, it just seems to go on and on and on about the same old things to the point i just stopped reading

while i've enjoyed most of my time with this game, it's starting to lose me. i'm gonna just skip this bullshit bomb puzzle and hope i don't miss out on beating the game because of it

dex3108

damn talos principle, you were doing so great

two really bad puzzles in a row just made me go fuck it and ragequit

puzzles in which you can die and have to redo a really long section and big red herring puzzles are really bad and frustrating design. that's not good puzzle design and even if the game up until this point had a few puzzles like these and had a bit of trial and error to it it was never this bad

i'm also really tired of the text, it's not fun or evocative anymore, it just seems to go on and on and on about the same old things to the point i just stopped reading

while i've enjoyed most of my time with this game, it's starting to lose me. i'm gonna just skip this bullshit bomb puzzle and hope i don't miss out on beating the game because of it

You are talking nonsense zky. Talos is great from start to finish and text has purpose and it is interesting view on certain things. Puzzles are not that hard even Star puzzles. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
You are talking nonsense zky. Talos is great from start to finish and text has purpose and it is interesting view on certain things. Puzzles are not that hard even Star puzzles. :p

i'm not saying they're hard, i'm saying they're bad

i'm stuck for like half an hour on a puzzle because it decides to throw at you a lot of red herrings to fool you from the actual non-clever non-satisfying solution

for the first time in the entire game i had to look it up because it just seemed unwinnable and turns out it is, for the first time in the entire game they put puzzle elements in there just to fuck with you

then there are the bombs that were just awful from the start, but finally they made a puzzle with enough timing elements and enough length that it's super frustrating to start over

two puzzles that were absolute trash and that singlehandledly killed a lot of the love i had for the game

about the text, it was interesting at the start, now it just sounds rambly and repetitive. i get it, humans are just fleshy ais or whatever, thankfully this isn't mandatory so i can just skip it. i generally read everything in games but this philosophical nonsense dragged way too long and it was never very compelling to begin with. the atmosphere outside of the writing i liked a lot more, the weird greek/egyptian ruins mixed with the crt monitors and the road signs and the general mystery of robots and sci fi tech and then a room that's just blocked by 2x4s or like the weird gamey stuff of floating keys and tetris pieces

the writing tho, not doing it for me

not gonna tell you it's a bad game or that i didn't enjoy it up until now. but i hate when a game pulls this kind of shit puzzles after we've established a rule of trust that you're not gonna give me red herrings or heavy timing stuff and you're gonna let me use my brain instead. but if you break my trust then it sours a lot of my feelings about it and just gets me mad

Tizoc

Price errors every fucking where @_@.
Wonder how long this one will last, want to inform a friend of mine about it.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Be sure you buy a memory card too, and those things are expensive as hell.
Here Gamestop is selling PSTV for 21€, I was thinking of buying it to play Vita games I have from Plus, but the fact is I can't play them all, so I don't know what to do.

Also I can't log on Humble, I don't receive the sms with validation code.

I have still a 8GB card somewhere, so no problem there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom