• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

They just added a christmas mode to Azure Striker Gunvolt, have to say they've been pretty good about supporting the PC version of this:

STEAM%E3%82%BB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%90%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BC.jpg

In semi-related good japanese PC support news, Arc System Works fixed the resolution issues with Battle Fantasia:

The patch notes for the November 25th, 2015 update, version "TK patch 1.01" are as follows:

- Fixed a bug where certain skills are stronger than normal, when players choose a specific color variant of Watson.
- Victory scenes can now be skipped during network play.
- Players can now choose from a wider range of Display Resolutions, depending on their graphics board.
- Fixed issue where higher resolutions were previously just "up-scaled" versions of lower resolutions, and now display correctly as of the indicated resolutions.

- Shortened the countdown timer for Rank match from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Added new Motion Blur feature to the Launcher settings.

dex3108

i'm not saying they're hard, i'm saying they're bad

i'm stuck for like half an hour on a puzzle because it decides to throw at you a lot of red herrings to fool you from the actual non-clever non-satisfying solution

for the first time in the entire game i had to look it up because it just seemed unwinnable and turns out it is, for the first time in the entire game they put puzzle elements in there just to fuck with you

then there are the bombs that were just awful from the start, but finally they made a puzzle with enough timing elements and enough length that it's super frustrating to start over

two puzzles that were absolute trash and that singlehandledly killed a lot of the love i had for the game

about the text, it was interesting at the start, now it just sounds rambly and repetitive. i get it, humans are just fleshy ais or whatever, thankfully this isn't mandatory so i can just skip it. i generally read everything in games but this philosophical nonsense dragged way too long and it was never very compelling to begin with. the atmosphere outside of the writing i liked a lot more, the weird greek/egyptian ruins mixed with the crt monitors and the road signs and the general mystery of robots and sci fi tech and then a room that's just blocked by 2x4s or like the weird gamey stuff of floating keys and tetris pieces

the writing tho, not doing it for me

not gonna tell you it's a bad game or that i didn't enjoy it up until now. but i hate when a game pulls this kind of shit puzzles after we've established a rule of trust that you're not gonna give me red herrings or heavy timing stuff and you're gonna let me use my brain instead. but if you break my trust then it sours a lot of my feelings about it and just gets me mad

I finished whole game + all star levels and i never felt like that. I was pissed few times but not because game did something, i was pissed because i was to narrow minded when game pushes thinking outside of the box. And i enjoyed reading text on terminals and listening messages so much that i found every single terminal and message.

But i guess we can't all think and enjoy things in same way :D

Can't see any pc related price errors, am I blind or are you talking about the console stuff?

Geee...hmmmm...silly me, I guess I should've bolded the "PS4" part next time. I figured I give a heads up to people here in this thread who would've never caught on to it. But that'll never work...oh wait.

Thank you so much for posting this! I wouldn't have seen it otherwise!

Guess I was right all along.

Tizoc

Newegg has a 5tb external for $110.

Would I be able to run an external as a regular internal drive?

Oh my god, I may actually go grab that later today D=
I can finally replace my old 2 TB wired HDD in this case.
Is it this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178501&cm_re=5_tb-_-22-178-501-_-Product

Fuuuuck I once got a 2 TB for same price some time earlier this year and this is a friggin' steal.
Gonna tell my brother about this too he'll def. want one as well

How long will this deal be up for?

Echoplx

Geee...hmmmm...silly me, I guess I should've bolded the "PS4" part next time. I figured I give a heads up to people here in this thread who would've never caught on to it. But that'll never work...oh wait.

Guess I was right along.

Oh, I read PS4 as PSA. Whoops.

you can take it out and put it inside the PC

Explain this concept to me.

Is it this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178501&cm_re=5_tb-_-22-178-501-_-Product

Fuuuuck I once got a 2 TB for same price some time earlier this year and this is a friggin' steal.

They don't say, only "ends soon".

dex3108

Is it this one?

If you don't like Seagate there is 4TB WD external for 99$ on Amazon XD

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3RH61W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Tizoc

If you don't like Seagate there is 4TB WD external for 99$ on Amazon XD

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3RH61W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hmm I don't have an issue with Seagate but I'd much rather be having an external harddrive that isn't wired.
Explain this concept to me.

They don't say, only "ends soon".

Shit hope it'd be up for another 24 hours at least >_<
Waiting for my brother to reply and I can have it shipped to use Via aramex.

zkylon

zkylewd
I finished whole game + all star levels and i never felt like that. I was pissed few times but not because game did something, i was pissed because i was to narrow minded when game pushes thinking outside of the box. And i enjoyed reading text on terminals and listening messages so much that i found every single terminal and message.

But i guess we can't all think and enjoy things in same way :D

i think it was just a couple really bad puzzles back to back. i've enjoyed the rest of the game, but few games are perfect and this was really bad

anyways, we'll see later when i'm less pissed at the game for being an asshole

they took you ngihtman and you don't belong to hem
they left me in a world of darkness withouy your sexy hands
and i miss you nightman
so baddddddddddddddddddddddddd

dayman
fighter of the nightman
champion of the sun
youre a amster of karate
and friendship
for everyone

dayman
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
fighter of rhe nightman
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
champion of the sun
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
you're a master of karate and friendshop
for everyone

What is wrong with sliced bread?

if sliced bread was as lame as warren id never eat sandwiches

Copons

Oh FFS, Nuuvem has Wolfenstein TNO for 17.99R$ (4.80$ / 4.50€ / 3.20£), no VPN required, ROW key, according to /r/GameDeals, and I bought it yesterday for a couple of euros more on GMG VIP. :'(

I wonder how many super cool things I could have done with those 2€. I'll forever live in utter regret.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cladun X2 is 60% off on Bundle Stars (plus 10% with SAVE10 code), its a Thanksgiving miracle because that game is fucking never ever ever on sale

Can anyone share your Batman AK appmanifest, please?
Copied the game from another HDD, but forgot to bring the appmanifest file. The filename is appmanifest_208650.acf

Any help will be much appreciated.

Lain

Oh FFS, Nuuvem has Wolfenstein TNO for 17.99R$ (4.80$ / 4.50€ / 3.20£), no VPN required, ROW key, according to /r/GameDeals, and I bought it yesterday for a couple of euros more on GMG VIP. :'(

I wonder how many super cool things I could have done with those 2€. I'll forever live in utter regret.

I could get a couple of coffees at the bar here with 2€.

Hektor

You could've bought 2 fishburgers from McDonalds and ended up with a food poisoning, bless GMG for saving you.

Copons

I could get a couple of coffees at the bar here with 2€.

But that's because you surely live in some posh northern region. Here in Rome 1€/coffee is still kinda frowned upon, and anyway I'm cheapass and get it at the office vending machine for 0.35€, so with 2€ I could have bought like thousands of them!!

You could've bought 2 fishburgers from McDonalds and ended up with a food poisoning, bless GMG for saving you.

McDonalds fish burgers are like a legendary item here, they serve it but no one knows anyone who ever bought it.
Yet years ago they dared killing the double cheeseburger instead! The nerve!

Arthea

3D Realms Anthology - Steam Edition is getting removed on December 31st.
Just so if you want to grab it, not all games can be bought individually.

(source)

Thanks to valve not letting me to wishlist it I totally forgot I was planning to buy it!
Thanks for a reminder.

Do you know why are they removing it?

what makes you think I don't have at least one of those?
just curious

edited: talking about bundlestars, I'm really sad about that Microids bundle... I would buy Subject 13 for cheap so hard, it's on my wishlist and all, but damn that price is even higher than steam price atm, and I have all other games
*sigh

ExoSoul

Banned
they took you ngihtman and you don't belong to hem
they left me in a world of darkness withouy your sexy hands
and i miss you nightman
so baddddddddddddddddddddddddd

dayman
fighter of the nightman
champion of the sun
youre a amster of karate
and friendship