• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Where are they 70% off?

no Final Fantasy sale on Steam and no discount on Sonic Lost World

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/CrpGkiF.gif[/IMG]

They are cheaper in newsegg, for those who can buy from them
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...d&SrchInDesc=final fantasy&Page=1&PageSize=30

Use this code to get further 15% off
EMCKKNT58
amazon.com and newegg

I don't see any FF games discounted in Amazon

no Final Fantasy sale on Steam and no discount on Sonic Lost World

CrpGkiF.gif

Other sites have some alright Final Fantasy deals. I grabbed FFVII from NewEgg yesterday for $3.

Arthea

whoa at newegg getting to do -70% discounts when nobody else has it. How such deals even happen? shocking

In this particular case, I don't have regrets of buying them on steam, still need SE to bring at least FF6 to steam, not to mention I want them to see PC in general and steam in particular as a good home for FF15 too.

Deitus

I haven't been paying attention, there are no new deals each day...right?

Correct. There are new games featured on the homepage everyday, but the discounts don't change from day to day.

Considering there aren't any more deals being featured than usual, I don't understand the point of this change.

Arthea

Correct. There are new games featured on the homepage everyday, but the discounts don't change from day to day.

Considering there aren't any more deals being featured than usual, I don't understand the point of this change.

less work for valve, less price mistakes
pretty obvious why, no?

edited: although, it has to be said, if they will keep the same format for a winter sale, it'll be the most boring winter sale we had so far, otoh it's good for me as I travel at this time usually, I won't miss any deals this year, or so it would seem.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for PunishedSnake:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

1hFaqwB.png
OlliOlli+Worms Revolution Extreme+Velocity Ultra VITA PSN EU -- MB-99B7D541583BD51B - Taken by Kagemusha. 8 entrants total.

t1448719783z1.png

Consider this my x-mas gift, enjoy.

is Rocket League fun in single player? does the game even have single player modes? i want to try the game but im not really into playing this type of multiplayer games with people that i dont know :/

There is a mode against bots. It's pretty alright but mostly just for honing mechanics. It really needs the tense feeling of being a letdown to your teammates to shine, in my opinion.

And hey, did you ever pick up Valkyria Chronicles?

Deitus

less work for valve, less price mistakes
pretty obvious why, no?

edited: although, it has to be said, if they will keep the same format for a winter sale, it'll be the most boring winter sale we had so far, otoh it's good for me as I travel at this time usually, I won't miss any deals this year, or so it would seem.

I suppose so.

I also travel during the holiday sales, but I keep up with the deals on mobile. It's not too hard for me to check a few times a day when there seems like a reason to, and checking continually means I'm more likely to find something I want to buy.

For this sale my engagement is at an all time low. I'll probably check on Sunday when I'm back home and pick up a couple gifts for people, but I don't see myself buying as much as I have in the past.

chronomac

Got 2 games this week: Snakebird and Final Fantasy XIII. I'm trying really hard not to spend money. Really hard.

Also, Newegg's taking awhile to send my FFXIII code.

There is a mode against bots. It's pretty alright but mostly just for honing mechanics. It really needs the tense feeling of being a letdown to your teammates to shine, in my opinion.

And hey, did you ever pick up Valkyria Chronicles?

im on that atm, want to use the rest of my steam wallet on that so i need to get a couple of extra cents ( pesos ) before the end of the sale, i would have bought the game already if paypal was still available in chilean steam though.

Phinor

I wonder how Steam sales are going sales-wise. Personally this is probably the first big sale I buy absolutely nothing from Steam. My wishlist of nearly 50 items doesn't really have any good deals. Meanwhile I've bought nearly a dozen games outside of Steam these past few days.

Is this the future, Valve?

Darkroronoa

So i wanted to know... how is the card dropping works right now? Is the 2-hour thingy removed? Looks like cards drop now from the start but also they drop more rarely?
What is the best way to farm the cards? :/

Arthea

I don't think anybody in this thread is representative

we are representatives of people with lack of self control, at least some of us.
wouldn't you agree?

I suppose so.

I also travel during the holiday sales, but I keep up with the deals on mobile. It's not too hard for me to check a few times a day when there seems like a reason to, and checking continually means I'm more likely to find something I want to buy.

For this sale my engagement is at an all time low. I'll probably check on Sunday when I'm back home and pick up a couple gifts for people, but I don't see myself buying as much as I have in the past.

I still managed to buy some games and very tempted to buy one more, but I really shouldn't.

I hope to hit all time low with a winter sale where I usually spend a small fortune.

you all can laugh now

BasilZero

Just got myself a PS4 and I want to use the DS4 instead of the Xbox360 controller I have ;o

Is "Input Mapper" the best program to use to map the controls?

Teggy

before I forget, it is a good time to pick not only Nep Nep and Amnesia, but Fairy Fencer too (70% discount), unless you have OCD and need to get all achievements, then do yourself this favour and don't buy it.

It is, but it is also kinda random and slow.

but he was, what's your point?

edited:
and in other news, we are back to 4th place worldwide, yay!
http://www.metagamerscore.com/most_score_crew

good work, steamgaf! now keep it up as Achievement Hunters are so close it's uncomfotable

How do you know if the other teams aren't just using that steam achievement manager thing?

shockdude

Only thing I've bought so far is Skullgirls because a friend told me to lol.

So a game called Horizon Shift showed up in my recommendations. Looks fun, anyone have any impressions of it?
Also considering FlatOut 1 & 2...

Ludens

Banned
Buys 10 games for 20$ after writing this XD

Nah, I'm done.
I bought Ys VI, because it was 70% off and by selling cards I recovered that 5%.
And I bought Operation Raccoon City (only RE missing) plus Lost Planet 2 (only LP missing).
Still, I regretted those purchases and I wanted refund them at first because they are actually unplayable without cooperative, my hope is Capcom is discounting them to do a Steamworks port.

Usually I only buy games when 75% off or more, and only games from my wishlist excluding some exceptions (in this case, O:RC and LP2 because I thought Capcom would never discount them, so I didn't bother on putting them on my wish).

This year I could buy Lightning Returns, FFVI and Resident Evil 0 on D1, but only if:

-I clean a bit my backlog/no interesting games to play at the moment
-A launch with a nice discount
-Some pre-orders bonus

I would play those games on launch because I never played RE0, it's the only numbered RE I'm missing, and I want to check on Lightning because, even if I know there will be a lot of things I won't like, I still thing to like the Majora's Mask-like mechanic and I want to quit this trilogy.

Those were basically my most anticipated titles of 2015 with Witcher 3 and MGSV, for 2016 I have nothing to wait for.

Knurek

I don't know, but on the first day I had at least a dozen friends buying 10+ games each in my activity feed.

... but I don't think my friends are very representative.

True, I bought a few games as well.
I also bought a few more games on day two.
Not buying anything on day three and most probably won't buy anything more during the whole sale (what's the point?).
I do hope I'm representative of general Steam populace and that Valve bloody takes notice. Especially if people keep mass redeeming keys bought on bloody daily deals at other strorefronts from days onwards.

Just got myself a PS4 and I want to use the DS4 instead of the Xbox360 controller I have ;o
Is "Input Mapper" the best program to use to map the controls?

DS4Windows.
Free, while InputMapper is adware.

Finally! TeW season pass for 5 euros at gamersgate! I've had 5 euros in credit there since forever waiting for that damn season pass to hit 75% on that site. First it has ever happened too afaik.

Link

BasilZero

True, I bought a few games as well.
I also bought a few more games on day two.
Not buying anything on day three and most probably won't buy anything more during the whole sale (what's the point?).
I do hope I'm representative of general Steam populace and that Valve bloody takes notice. Especially if people keep mass redeeming keys bought on bloody daily deals at other strorefronts from days onwards.

DS4Windows.
Free, while InputMapper is adware.

Thanks for the info. Strange that InputMapper advertises it itself formely as DS4Windows o_O

Edit: Oh it seems like its the same people who made both but InputMapper is more up to date. Though I hate ads so xD.

Sch1sm

I don't know, but on the first day I had at least a dozen friends buying 10+ games each in my activity feed.

... but I don't think my friends are very representative.

I think that the new layout has done nothing but make me debate my necessity for the purchases more now that there isn't some flashy OMG DAILIES FLASH COMMUNITY stuff going on.

Still at 0 aside from a gift someone sent. I feel like I'll only end up buying a few things.

ExoSoul

Banned
Thanks for the info. Strange that InputMapper advertises it itself formely as DS4Windows o_O

Edit: Oh it seems like its the same people who made both but InputMapper is more up to date. Though I hate ads so xD.

The only ad is the maker asking for donations, and they're not intrusive.

Knurek

It's not by the same people.
Both DS4Windows and InputMapper use the same SCP driver, but they aren't otherwise affiliated.

Can anyone share your Batman AK appmanifest, please?
Copied the game from another HDD, but forgot to bring the appmanifest file. The filename is appmanifest_208650.acf

Any help will be much appreciated.

Update! Someone finally sent me the file. :D

I got this comment on the steam discussion though (yeah, I made one in desperation).
Wait... You stole the game, messed up in the process and now you want help from the official steam forums to complete the task?
It was the fact that he's copying someone else's copy of the game that raised the question.
Why copy it from someone elses SSD instead of downloading it the proper way?
I rarely visit steam discussions board, but damn..

Teggy

Of course I don't know, but as cheating achievements is totally pointless, I assume that only small number of people do that.

I'm sure you've seen what people will do to be on top of pretty much any leaderboard.
It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom