• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Battlefront must have one of the largest divides between the initial 'wow, maybe I'm not sick of Star Wars after all' and 'wait a second, this is dumbed down boring shit' I've experienced in a good long while. Forget the server browser, this thing has much bigger problems.

Does the Beta let you play as Darth Vader at least?

Deques

In speaking of Compile Hearts, IF and Nep-nep, I really need to focus Nep-nep 1. The game is fun, but I just get side-tracked with other games >.<

header.jpg

You know how it works:

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Buraindo
3 - Se7enSword
4 -
5 -
6 -

Maybe...

* - Maniac

Murricans and Asians are welcome too.

t1444417200z0.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Battlefront must have one of the largest divides between the initial 'wow, maybe I'm not sick of Star Wars after all' and 'wait a second, this is dumbed down boring shit' I've experienced in a good long while. Forget the server browser, this thing has much bigger problems.
The map design is pretty shit which is par for the course for modern Dice. The shooting feedback is non-existent and you aren't kidding about just how dumbed down it is. The average player will reach their skill cap in the game in like 30 minutes tops.

Arthea

a bit different but check out might and magic clash of heroes.

it's pretty incredible.

It's incredible, true, but it's nothing like autoduelist asked for too.
I so would buy a sequel, they probably never made one because CoH wasn't successful enough, a pity really,

FloatOn

it's a star wars shooter you can't expect it to be the next counter strike

I'm thinking I'll be down for some dumb arcadey shooting action. I'll check out the beta this weekend.

It's incredible, true, but it's nothing like autoduelist asked for too.
I so would buy a sequel, they probably never made one because CoH wasn't successful enough, a pity really,

It's match 3-ish but elevates it to where it's not so shitty and luck based. and yeah, I'd love a sequel too even if it had no connection to might and magic. the gameplay is just rock solid.

sprinkles

How did I miss this Kickstarter? I am so torn just thinking about it.

Aquanox 1+2 were bad action games. Good looking for the time but gameplay wise just terrible. Schleichfahrt though, the Simulation that started it all, is my most re-played game of all time. 3dfx when it was new and breathtaking, solid Wing Commander-like gameplay, great voice actors and a SciFi story I still remember fondly today.

This new game will either be the my Goty 16 or my greatest disappointment.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wanna buy it just because JaseC and lashman haven't yet. Though they probably will have while I'm typing this.

edit: Nope, I won suckas!

edit2: Nice try lash but too late.

Haha, I'm waiting until the store update before doing another sweep of the specials/new releases list.

derExperte

PCars Patch 5.0: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes

Haha, I'm waiting until the store update before doing another sweep of the specials/new releases list.

So that's what you meant by slowing down, buying 50 games once per day instead of 5 every hour from now on out. Got it. :eek:

Congratulations! This is a defining moment in your Steam career

Thanks and the best part is that is has (easy) achievments and cards so I don't feel like a complete idiot.

Dr Dogg

Well one press conference down and I'm taking a shine to Klopp already. Still hate Liverpool with a passion though but post match interviews might get a bit of spark back in them.

Might even pony up for FM16 despite me waning on the series.

K, can pick up my Transformers order in store from Tuesday :p

Urgh. Just popped in there at lunch and nothing (though I kind of expected that). I think I can wait, sort of...

Okay, that was quite impressive.

header.jpg

You know how it works:

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Buraindo
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

Maybe...

* - Maniac

Murricans and Asians are welcome too.

t1444417200z0.png
Hiiiii! :D

Well one press conference down and I'm taking a shine to Klopp already. Still hate Liverpool with a passion though but post match interviews might get a bit of spark back in them.
I wanted Klopp for United when we were still choosing managers after SAF, and then when Moyed was kicked out. Damn, Liverpool got him now. They'll actually become a force next season.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
What is 'The Park'? (video)

'The Park' puts players into the shoes of Lorraine, a mother whose son goes missing in a mysterious and creepy theme park. When night falls and the lights go out, you must face an emotional and terrifying journey through an amusement park where a dark and sinister secret is just waiting to be uncovered.

dex3108

Witcher 3 Update is live on Steam (6.4GB)

And The Last of Us is really, really good. Let's collect some money and buy Naughty Dog so they can make multiplatform games :(

Jawmuncher

After playing Battlefront a bit last night, I started browsing the Origin store a bit. Is there seriously no wishlist?

Oho? Durante does not like the SC. Gotta read up on that.

I mean it's not like there is much on that store.

Yeah I personally enjoyed my time. But it is quite surprising to see the feedback this far. If I have any complaint it's that I wish it would have followed the older games more. Classes with vehicles and such actually on the map not as pick ups.

The way it should be.

That's really disappointing to hear. Maybe I'll get it when it goes cheaper just for the audio which appears to be really good.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Phil Spencer on OG Xbox BC and 360 BC Support on PC

Gizmodo: But do you plan for the future , include original Xbox games ?

Phil Spencer: It's something I want to do. It is a matter of priority. I would love to have the ability to play Xbox 360 on PC at some point too, so have different things we have to think when we plan these things. But it would be great to have support for original Xbox games. So yes, I want to do, but has many other things we want to do well. People fight with me for not having background music (laughs), so we have much work to do. Which is great! It's great to have that feedback.

Monooboe

I'm stuck with a 22" screen right now that's only 1680x1050 so all the games run smooootly with everything maxed.:D Felt good to give Unity a go.

Uzzy

Might even pony up for FM16 despite me waning on the series.

Looking forward to seeing the headlines 'Klopp faces Kop Chop as Liverpool seal Drop' at the end of the season.

Speaking of FM16, I'm going to pick up a spot of light reading and get The Football Manager's Guide to Football Manager. Looks good, and Iain Macintosh is always entertaining when he's on the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast.

MS saying there's something they'd like to do for PC Gamers again? Wow, I've not heard that from them in at least a week.

Dr Dogg

I wanted Klopp for United when we were still choosing managers after SAF, and then when Moyed was kicked out. Damn, Liverpool got him now. They'll actually become a force next season.

But they I would have missed almost an entire season of winding my United supporting mates up.

Hahaha brilliant.

So Red Dead Redemption might be on PC after all! Honestly if they have something in the works like on the Xbone where if you own the digital copy I'll going fucking nuts and buy all the stuff I'm despertally clinging onto my 360 for.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I played The Beginner's Guide. It was fine, I guess. This is no Stanley Parable, there aren't any choices nor branching paths here. There's absolutely zero replay value here, while I went through Stanley Parable two times and wouldn't mind doing a third playthrough (seeing every ending each time). It's focused exclusively on the narrative, with little to no player interaction, and what little of the latter there is only serves to move the story forward.

Not sure I really understood what was going on with the narrative; I may have, but I may have not.
Were the narrator and Coda the same person? Did the narrator have a mental disorder, while Coda was perfectly well and healthy? The narrator was the one providing meaning to the little games; was he wrong all along, and finding secret meanings where there were none?
I also don't really get what it all means.
Was this an allegory of the game making process? Or was it about projecting oneself into art forms made by other people (in this case, video games), while searching for meaning within them that the author may not have intended? Was it a critique of enthusiasts (I hate the word "gamer" now) who demand a lot of devs and put them under great stress?
No idea what to think, there's nothing here that helps me pick one explanation over the others. Maybe all of them are wrong. Or maybe it doesn't even matter, as the true meaning is the one the player gives to the game.

Anyway, it's probably worth going through for the interesting ideas it has, but I don't think it was worth $8. Don't regret getting it though. Plus, it can look pretty at times: Source engine really shines when looking at distant objects and textures, though not so much when up close.

I'd kill a puppy or two to get Midtown Madness 3 on PC. Or at least I'd look at them with a very, very angry face, just to prove I'm serious regarding MM3.

Dr Dogg

Looking forward to seeing the headlines 'Klopp faces Kop Chop as Liverpool seal Drop' at the end of the season.

Speaking of FM16, I'm going to pick up a spot of light reading and get The Football Manager's Guide to Football Manager. Looks good, and Iain Macintosh is always entertaining when he's on the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast.

You should be a sub editor for The Sun. Or maybe not if you have a crumb of decency.

Speaking of The Football Manager's Guide to Football Manager, got this emailed to me the other week.

http://www.footballmanager.com/football-manager-guide-to-football-management-win

Might be closed now but you know free stuff is always better than paid stuff even if it's the same thing.

Uzzy

You should be a sub editor for The Sun. Or maybe not if you have a crumb of decency.

Speaking of The Football Manager's Guide to Football Manager, got this emailed to me the other week.

http://www.footballmanager.com/football-manager-guide-to-football-management-win

Might be closed now but you know free stuff is always better than paid stuff even if it's the same thing.

Eh, it'd probably pay enough that I can compensate for losing all shreds of decency through booze and other addictive substances like Steam.

Still, that giveaway doesn't say anything about it being closed, so I guess I'll enter and give it a shot. Free stuff is always nice to come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom