• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

I'm assuming the trader bought it from the Phillipine's steam store, if so, then yes even if it remains in your library as the date it was purchased on was before the release date.

Nice, I can consider to pass it to someone else then if I hear the port having major problem

Corpekata

Banned
I think episodic works fine with something like Hitman. It's not story heavy and the missions in a lot of the games already feel a bit episodic anyways.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
On a different topic: where do I send wishes for Enhanced Steam? Going to post it here until I figure out a better place, it's simple:

* Apply in library / in wishlist highlights to items on the curator pages (right now, they use built-in Steam styling instead of addon styling).

While we are on this, let me add my voice to the choir of praise for the addon - what a great thing!

(PS: Ha! I found a github repo. I am not much of a web dev (I do desktop apps / server backends), but we'll see...)

Thanks! and thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what I can do.

I didn't know this was a thing

cbbYQ8R.jpg

Well I was kind of lukewarm about Zestiria before but now I'm IN
on PS4

Its still optional. That entire area can be skipped with the master key. There are other ways to reach the bell tower. Even if you don't have the master key you can still skip it by jumping down in to the (capra) area without the fall killing you.

He's optional if you select master key. That area is actually skipped by me every time now because Undead Burg is by far the best PvP zone in the series.

Fair duels, fighting like gentlemen.
Oh yeah. I mean I always have the Master Key but, I don't skip bosses because I am not a bitch.
Just kidding, I just never really thought about skipping it though.
10/10 character design

Lol.

Game looks alright.

Corpekata

Banned
Considering to bought Zestiria from Philippine trade, only gonna cost me 26$ bucks compared 40$ something from Indonesia Store

But I'm fucked if the port is shit (not talking about 30fps lock)>_>

yay or nay

Is I'll still got Symphonia if I had the game on inventory instead library at release date?

Where are you finding this for 26 bucks?

What are other examples of AAA episodic games? I'm drawing a blank besides Half Life.

I would include season passes in this group as well. They are almost always disappointing.

Seems like the work on a wii U emulator has begun, they seem to know what they are doing too.

Since the WiiU is just an evolution of the Wii and in turn the Gamecube, they probably aren't starting from scratch. That will help them get started for sure.

bigzgod

Considering to bought Zestiria from Philippine trade, only gonna cost me 26$ bucks compared 40$ something from Indonesia Store

But I'm fucked if the port is shit (not talking about 30fps lock)>_>

yay or nay

Is I'll still got Symphonia if I had the game on inventory instead library at release date?

Yes, you will but only when you activate it. Pre-order copies will give the bonus regardless of when you activate it, even if it's long after it comes out.

He's getting it from the Philippines steam store, which is region locked to Southeast Asia only. Cheapest ROW copy is Norway, at $42.05.

I believe he said "phillipine trader instead of an indonesian one" or something like that. It's in the post.

it shouldn't be too difficult given that it's like 4 wiis duct taped together

Hahaha, this is great news. If SEGA doesn't get their shit together, I'll buy a used copy of Bayo1/2 and be good to go. ;)

Oh, so that's related only to RPGs and VNs, what a relief.
wait, do you like DmC? I forgot

very funny

Maybe. I do like RPGs and VNs. Just apparently not what you do.

As for DmC, it wasn't nearly as bad as it should've been considering NT developed it. That Capcom handholding with the combat went a long way... didn't help the character designs or the story overall though.

I don't consider DmC a true DMC game, but I'd be very interested to replay the DE version of it with all of the changes that move it more into the DMC mold. However, Capcom apparently has no interest in publishing a version of this on Steam/PC so I've been waiting for it to hit $15 or less used on PS4.

The only interesting (imo) so far of a emulated Wii U game is Mario Karti 8 with anti-aliasing. Beautiful game fucked by the horrid aliasing.

I didn't realize there was an AMD promo for DiRT Rally. Seems nobody in the B/S/T has been selling codes from it and I've checked a few other places and not really found many left (was hoping for $15 or less)... anyone have info on this which could help me find a cheap code?

The only interesting (imo) so far of a emulated Wii U game is Mario Karti 8 with anti-aliasing. Beautiful game fucked by the horrid aliasing.

Smash 4 with netplay without using the Nintendo Network and me being able to record using my computer instead of using a capture kit seems like a good thing to me.

Same with Mario Kart 8.

Also this would actually make me buy Spaltoon faster.

I didn't realize there was an AMD promo for DiRT Rally. Seems nobody in the B/S/T has been selling codes from it and I've checked a few other places and not really found many left (was hoping for $15 or less)... anyone have info on this which could help me find a cheap code?

All the $15-$20 codes seemed to have dried up once they increased the price of the game, I can only imagine it will continue as they get closer to release and a $60 price tag.

louiedog

I'm open to the idea of a game like Hitman being episodic. I'm just glad they're trying it after Absolution instead of Blood Money so that if it doesn't work I won't be that disappointed.

I'm open to the idea of a game like Hitman being episodic. I'm just glad they're trying it after Absolution instead of Blood Money so that if it doesn't work I won't be that disappointed.

Any word if they are going to continue the story of Absolution or will it be just ignore?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seriously, that and Blue Dragon are the only X360 things that I want to play. Shame that it will probably take a long time for that to happen :(

Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Shadow Complex, Infinite Undiscovery, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise are the games I'm truly sad to see stuck on that console.

Grief.exe

When I go into Resident Evil threads, the consensus seems to be that REV2 is very good, especially if you didnt like REV1.

I'm looking forward to check it out when it goes on sale.

Turfster

When I go into Resident Evil threads, the consensus seems to be that REV2 is very good, especially if you didnt like REV1.

I liked REV1, I still need to go back to REV2 after playing the first episode.
Make of that what you will.

But what if you liked REV1? Because i enjoyed it, even if it was uneven pacing wise and the guns sound like someone is popping shipping bubbles ten feet underwater
I liked REV1, I still need to go back to REV2 after playing the first episode.
Make of that what you will.

oh boy, i guess i'll hold till it's $7.50 or less then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom