• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I hope Valve doesn't fuck up CS:GO and TF2 transition to Source 2 like Dota. Goddamn the game was broken as fuck.
jugg-2mask.gif
I doubt TF2 will ever be ported to Source 2, tbh. CS:GO might, but I'm not really sure - There's not much for it to really gain.

You'd have thought the press outlets would have learned from Microsoft by now. They promise everything and anything when it comes to PC, but will never ever deliver.

It'd be nice if they got called out on it infact. Or just laughed at.

I don't think press outlets care about anything beyond the clicks, what Microsoft does or doesn't do for PC gaming is immaterial.

Eila

I doubt TF2 will ever be ported to Source 2, tbh. CS:GO might, but I'm not really sure - There's not much for it to really gain.

Pretty sure the update TF2 devs are working on wants to "improve performance", as the game is bloated beyond belief compared to DOTA 2 and CS: GO. Could that also mean a transition to Source 2?

Maniac

Banned
Also, the Fallout 4 Announcr Pack for DOTA 2 is a brilliant idea.

But nothing will top the Rick & Morty Announcer Pack.

Amen to that, brother.
Pretty sure the update TF2 devs are working on wants to "improve performance", as the game is bloated beyond belief compared to DOTA 2 and CS: GO. Could that also mean a transition to Source 2?

I'd personally think no - Porting to a different engine is a lot of work, for Dota 2 it's taken a loooong time, and that game has the majority of Valve's developers working on it, whereas TF2 has mostly been run by somewhat of a skeleton crew in recent years, and it's a much bigger game so it'd not exactly be easier to port.

I guess time will tell, though.

H1PSTER

So... Syndicate isn't bad! Who knew!?

The fact that my girlfriend absolutely adored the series; only for it to be ruined by 3, Black Flag didn't grab her attention enough and Unity was dull, the character focused (so far) story of Syndicate and the updated combat system seems to have gotten her interest back completely.

Although she's said "it won't be a Red Dead Redemption or Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood or Revelations for me." she's pretty much said it could reach that high in her favourites.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I've watched her enjoy the game and I'm sure I will.

Dr Dogg

You know I'm struggling to find any press outlet that explicitly states Halo 5 is coming to PC. Lots of them saying it's a possibility and directly referencing the DSOG article which is what was said bit anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together knows that not all possible actions comes to fruition.

aw350

Banned
You know I'm struggling to find any press outlet that explicitly states Halo 5 is coming to PC. Lots of them saying it's a possibility and directly referencing the DSOG article which is what was said bit anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together knows that not all possible actions comes to fruition.

It seems it is NOT coming to PC:

http://n4g.com/news/1809371/microsoft-clarifies-halo-5-not-coming-to-pc

Better link:

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/657582106042732544

Ludens

Banned
Releasing Halo 5 on PC would be a marketing suicide, right now. Because there are not so many exclusives on ONE, and Halo 5 is for sure the stronger one.
Otherwise, they could release Masterchief Collection...if they want, of course. Since the game is very cheap right now and there's basically no interest in it anymore (people who want to buy it, already done).

Tizoc

Releasing Halo 5 on PC would be a marketing suicide, right now. Because there are not so many exclusives on ONE, and Halo 5 is for sure the stronger one.
Otherwise, they could release Masterchief Collection...if they want, of course. Since the game is very cheap right now and there's basically no interest in it anymore (people who want to buy it, already done).

I don't have an X1 sadly, but yeah Master Chief Collection could do well on Steam...especially when modders fix any of its remaining issues :V

Ludens

Banned
I don't have an X1 sadly, but yeah Master Chief Collection could do well on Steam...especially when modders fix any of its remaining issues :V

Exactly. What I'm saying is: MCC ended its life cycle on console, now. So why not spending some money, do a good PC port and selling it again? It would also provide the whole (pretty much) saga to PC players, so in theory they could even buy a One+H5 if they dig really into the franchise.

The recent Halo 5 PR has been quite disastrous.

"Yeah Halo 5 could come to PC I guess *under the breath* but it won't never ever"

* all news outlets * HALO 5 COMING TO PC

*ummm Halo 5 is not coming to PC"

Lol yeah.
Why can't they give a straight answer already. It's coming later, or it's not ever, that's it.

Tizoc

Exactly. What I'm saying is: MCC ended its life cycle on console, now. So why not spending some money, do a good PC port and selling it again? It would also provide the whole (pretty much) saga to PC players, so in theory they could even buy a One+H5 if they dig really into the franchise.

I've never played Halo before so i'd like to experience the main series.
My friend has an X1 but he's not arsed to buy any games for it XD

C4rter

Already had this.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/382240/?l=german

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blood of Old -- MB-7C5BB9BDFAA17D22 - Taken by UnaiGamer

I wouldn't be surprised to see Halo 5 or a Halo game next year on PC, but if anyone took that quote as confirmation that a PC version is coming or that one is coming anytime soon is silly. They gotta sell those Xbox's somehow and having even a rumor that their key franchise isn't going to be exclusive a few days before launch made them firmly say it's not coming to PC to save face.

23% off voucher for Fallout 4 on GMG:

#000008-JTFU2G-ONU2DC

No idea if it's a unique voucher tied to my account or not, but I'm not planning to use it.

Kiru

With Diablo 3 you gotta play whenever a new season starts, a lot of people get inactive after a few weeks because they already feel they accomplished the max.

Holy shit. How did this warhammer end times vermintide game fly under the radar? I feel like there was absolutely zero news about this game at e3.

For those who haven't played it yet,its awesome. Think of l4d2 with deeper combat system and some rpg elements sprinkled in such as: weapon upgrades, weapon fusing, cosmetic enhancements, and the ability to equip trinkets which enhance skills.

aw350

Banned
Same guy who said that TR is Xbox exclusive not timed exclusive? Same guy who said that every X1 game is in 1080p on TV? :D

To be fair, with Greenberg's track record, it basically confirms that there will be a port :p

Thanks, I didn't know.

How do you get tea party simulator from there?

That part of the giveaway has ended - I went there with the same intention some time ago and there was a blurb stating that they ran out of keys for Tea Party Simulator, now that blurb is gone, too.

derExperte

Yeah i was more active when younger.

More on topic, is Malebolgia any good? Thinking of buying that $5 Killer Bundle for it.

I need to continue playing but so far it's been a strange and interesting experience, the comparisons with the Souls games aren't completely off-base. Gameplay is way more simpler (not easier) but it got the creepy, desolate atmosphere down.

Holy shit. How did this warhammer end times vermintide game fly under the radar? I feel like there was absolutely zero news about this game at e3.

For those who haven't played it yet,its awesome. Think of l4d2 with deeper combat system and some rpg elements sprinkled in such as: weapon upgrades, weapon fusing, cosmetic enhancements, and the ability to equip trinkets which enhance skills.

Over 15000 players right now and 90% positive reviews, I hope it has some legs, will get to it later this weekend.

Sadly expected. MCC is another story though. Pretty old games, more realistic. Although Spencer is against it -_-'

That response though...
8YEdO8A.png

Dafuq? Why is this idiot relieved that it gets stuck on fewer platforms and thus less people get to play the game? How do you benefit of that??

Aww yeah~

Also, the pink spots on my avatar is the swelling I have from an allergic reaction today. Totally don't need any make up for Halloween.
image.php

ಠ_ಠ
Thought it was bad makeup. Get well soon.
Yeah, Warhammer is easy enough to understand on the surface for people to jump in and picking up on the lore on the way.
Only contact with Warhammer Universe I ever had, was Space Marine and I learned almost nothing about the lore there. Shame as it sounds pretty cool.

On that, what ever happened to Space Hulk: Deathwing? Haven't heard anything in a long time.

def sim

Dafuq? Why is this idiot relieved that it gets stuck on fewer platforms and thus less people get to play the game? How do you benefit of that??

I feel that one part of that lunacy is because those people don't want to lose petty internet arguments about video games.

derExperte

That response though...
8YEdO8A.png

Considering that GAF would drown in SonyGAF's cum if they'd get their wish and Kojima would go Sony exclusive I've come to the sad conclusion that playing on only one console rots your brain eventually.

So sad. Wouldn't you want a game or franchise you love, to expand and reach more people. So that it gets more recognition and "love" from more players?

I do understand why MS/Sony/Nintendo make exclusive-deals/games. It's a necessary business tactic. But when a customer thinks that way.... sheesh.

Lain

So when's the next Microsoft press release stating how dedicated they are to PC gaming? They're about due for another one.

Hey now, they are dedicated, just.... not THAT dedicate. You know, like in an open relationship where you didn't inform your partner that you are in an open relationship.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't want to brag, but I'm Level 29 in the UbiClub. Please don't bother talking to me if you are below level 29. Thanks

That response though...
8YEdO8A.png

Fun is a finite resource, so every game creates a finite amount of fun, meaning the more people play a game the less fun each one of them can have.
At least I think that's what those people think.

def sim

I linked my steam account to uplay and imported my friends list. If you happen to log on to uplay and see a friend request from defdos, that's me. ;)

Sadly expected. MCC is another story though. Pretty old games, more realistic. Although Spencer is against it -_-'

That response though...
8YEdO8A.png

How does one feel special for his favorite plastic box then?

Hopefully I can get it after Christmas. My gaming budget for the rest of the year is tied up in Fallout and Star Wars Battlefront. Definitely need to add it to my wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom