• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, Saints Row 2's PC port is awful and the game has not aged well. Downloading the Gentlemen of the Row super mod since it adds a host of content and bug fixes to see if it makes the game more tolerable to play through.

Jawmuncher

Holy shit, Saints Row 2's PC port is awful and the game has not aged well. Downloading the Gentlemen of the Row super mod since it adds a host of content and bug fixes to see if it makes the game more tolerable to play through.

I heard the gog version is better. No clue why they haven't updated the steam version.

Momentary

Banned
Who's gonna hide? Not this guy! Thanks Jaw :3

VC0RrWll.jpg

Jawmuncher

Inquisition having one honestly surprised me. I was starting to assume that it just wasn't part of Bioware's MO.

Yeah I figured they would try to just sell DLC as is. Wonder what change their mind. I honestly think it's because DLC purchases were rather low. The Xbox/PC exclusivity period probably didn't help either.

Yeah I figured they would try to just sell DLC as is. Wonder what change their mind. I honestly think it's because DLC purchases were rather low. The Xbox/PC exclusivity period probably didn't help either.
Speaking for myself, I never really found any of the DLC worth buying other than maybe Trespasser. Even then I watched my girlfriend play through it so I didn't bother getting it.

Plus by the time the DLC came out I'd already found out how much of a slog the game was and didn't really want more.
Don't forget, they can't shaft you with bioware points any more.
Now they can shaft us with the whole game instead :3

Jawmuncher

Speaking for myself, I never really found any of the DLC worth buying other than maybe Trespasser. Even then I watched my girlfriend play through it so I didn't bother getting it.

Plus by the time the DLC came out I'd already found out how much of a slog the game was and didn't really want more.

Yeah I think all of the DLC seemed to hit at bad times and far too long after the fact. Since a lot ended up doing exactly what you did.

Don't forget, they can't shaft you with bioware points any more.

The one positive. Too bad ME2 on PC is tainted by that system. Really wish EA did a GOTY edition for mass effect 2, even if it's PC only.

Knurek

To all you people bragging about buying Fallout 4, you do know Beth will fuck you up with DLCs?

Like they did with Dishonored. Skyrim. Just about any goddamn game they release.

To all you people bragging about buying Fallout 4, you do know Beth will fuck you up with DLCs?

Like they did with Dishonored. Skyrim. Just about any goddamn game they release.

I've never buy any DLC for Bethesda games. My Skyrim is the regular one, my Fallout 3 & NV as well. I'm overwhelmed by those games already, why would I want to add more content?
In fact, I haven't actually finished Skyrim (see the ending credits).

fertygo

Jebus if you think Steam server is a mess, you haven't experience Telltale server awfulness

Kinda regret not just buying Tales from the Borderland from Steam when they had Telltale sale -__-

MUnited83

For you.
I've never buy any DLC for Bethesda games. My Skyrim is the regular one, my Fallout 3 & NV as well. I'm overwhelmed by those games already, why would I want to add more content?

Well, you need the DLC to get most of the good mods, and mods are essential to actually make a Bethesda game worthwhile.

Jawmuncher

So since the thread is dead and I have another 7 hours of work. What exactly are people thinking of playing this week? Is anyone going to play games for Halloween?

Geralt is significantly older than that. Probably pushing a hundred, at least.

Witchers are strange, mutant creatures.

So since the thread is dead and I have another 7 hours of work. What exactly are people thinking of playing this week? Is anyone going to play games for Halloween?
Just finished Strider. (Simple but fun.)
Will finish the Witcher 3 this week hopefully. Then onto the DLC.
Then dive into Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.
In off time: Tactics Ogre: LUCT (non-Steam blasphemy) and One Way Heroics Plus.

RPGs take so much time...

I'd thought of playing through DreadOut since I haven't yet. As well as Condemned if I have time.

Although honestly I'm probably gonna end up playing some combo of Fatal Frame 2, Resident Evil 4, and Silent Hill 2 like I usually do.

aw350

Banned

I was thinking about playing some horror game from Dusk Golem's list (a true wonder). I will keep Faerie Solitaire warmed up just in case I make a mistake with the amount of horror.

100+ hours in and I finally beat MGS V. Gonna need some time to digest it, I've been avoiding most Metal Gear related threads so I'm interested to read what people think.

Best playing Metal Gear game by a long shot. It definitely flipped the heavy cutscene, less action script the series trended towards.

Xanathus

All of Bethsoft's in-house games had great DLCs well worth their price. Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas. The only "negative" about the DLCs is that the GOTY version that bundles everything together is cheaper than buying the DLCs on their own.

Finish Zestiria. I think I'm already in midway through the game.
If there's still time until Fallout 4, I'm gonna go back to Wasteland 2.

Jawmuncher

100+ hours in and I finally beat MGS V. Gonna need some time to digest it, I've been avoiding most Metal Gear related threads so I'm interested to read what people think.

Best playing Metal Gear game by a long shot. It definitely flipped the heavy cutscene, less action script the series trended towards.

I'll tell you right now the general GAF thoughts. Great gameplay, however the story wasn't all that. Which I agree with. It's still my current GOTY, but after all of the build up I expected a bit more.

Admodieus

I'm currently trying to finish off Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. It's nowhere near as good as the first Dark Souls or even Bloodborne, but I've managed to find some fun in it, primarily by playing a lot more co-op than I did in either of those games.

I would love to dive into Divinity: Original Sin EE on Tuesday but there is no way I can finish that before Fallout 4, so it will have to wait.

Maniac

Banned
I don't know if DOTA 2 itself is awesome... I"m not really into the MOBA genre or whatever that is... but the announcer pack they're offering? It's pretty much a 2nd to Rick and Morty and would be a good mixup should you ever want something a little different than R&M for announcing. :)

I'm guessing that there wasn't a huge market for a "cute" remake of the original MM.

But it looks fantastic when I checked out gameplay videos and I'd buy it instantly if it was up on PSN and playable on Vita.

There's also a Stanley Parable, GladOS and a Bastion announcer pack. Too damn many great ones to pick from. :p

dot

I recently started Alan Wake and the whole time i was playing i was wondering why i wasn't playing Resident Evil instead. :|

also i plan on playing costume quest soon

I recently started Alan Wake and the whole time i was playing i was wondering why i wasn't playing Resident Evil instead. :|

I think it's because you wanted to play a good horror game.

Alan Wake is a great game though, don't want to make it sound like I don't like it.

Maniac

Banned
Describe this image in two words

The answer is
idyllic forest. Idyllic backyard would also be accepted.

Welcome to the world of A Wolf in Autumn. It's totally not a unity assets dump, but thanks for asking.

I was gonna go for "Wanky turd"; close enough?
I think it's because you wanted to play a good horror game.

That's why he should've wondered why he wasn't playing Code Veronica.

Hektor

Happy Birthday Leaf.

--------

One things is sure, DA:I evokes some strong reactions here. Guess i'll be buying the game next time its on sale just to know what the fuzz is about. Leave the hinterlands and yadda yadda.

Describe this image in two words.

Blue, Orange

I guess ill be playing Zestiria or Vampire: The masquerade.

That region locked?

They're out of keys unfortunately.

Thanks for all the birthday messages.

Not sure. Not digging Strife sadly and Super Cyborg I might be able to beat at some point.

That Halo 5 review thread is so weird, it's like people updating constantly on the metacritic score and predicting the overall score to the percentile. So weirdly disconnected from the actual reviews, it's like they just care about the numbers game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That Halo 5 review thread is so weird, it's like people updating constantly on the metacritic score and predicting the overall score to the percentile. So weirdly disconnected from the actual reviews, it's like they just care about the numbers game.

So its like every review thread then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom