• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

header.jpg

Chaos Reborn is out of Early Access with a 15% off discount
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319050

but Nep Nep totally can be played in short sessions unlike Trails, you are doing something in a wrong way, Deques.

I always play games wrong :(
I am in Halo Mountain now, but I feel that I am underleveled, the normal monsters do over 1k damage which means they can kill my party in few hits :(
Nep-nep is level 29 while others are 30+ something
why did she have to poisoned?

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/319050/header.jpg?t=1445847107[/IMG

Chaos Reborn is out of Early Access with a 15% off discount
[url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/319050[/url]

I always play games wrong :(
I am in Halo Mountain now, but I feel that I am underleveled, the normal monsters do over 1k damage which means they can kill my party in few hits :(
Nep-nep is level 29 while others are 30+ something [spoiler]why did she have to poisoned?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

is that Chaos Reborn multi only or something? It's not clear from description.

Do you update your break, rush, etc. attacks as you level? If not you should
Lily Ranks are important, as they give some bonuses
Do you upgrade your equipment?
Get some plans and make things?
You should consider having a tank and healer in your party at all times if you find difficulties advancing. Heal often, in Nep Nep you have to heal, it's simple as that, keep all characters but tank away from stronger enemies, use strong attacks after guard breaks.
Do some of side stuff, it helps.

Nep Nep games are about strategy, so levelling is not everything, but if you still feel you need to level, there are many opportunities to level fast in unlockable dungeons.

Deques

is that Chaos Reborn multi only or something? It's not clear from description.

Do you update your break, rush, etc. attacks as you level? If not you should
Lily Ranks are important, as they give some bonuses
Do you upgrade your equipment?
Get some plans and make things?
You should consider having a tank and healer in your party at all times if you find difficulties advancing. Heal often, in Nep Nep you have to heal, it's simple as that, keep all characters but tank away from stronger enemies, use strong attacks after guard breaks.
Do some of side stuff, it helps.

Nep Nep games are about strategy, so levelling is not everything, but if you still feel you need to level, there are many opportunities to level fast in unlockable dungeons.

Upgrade as in actually upgrade the equipment or do mean buy better stuff? The shops seems to be selling same stuff the whole time so I haven't bought much new. Compa is acting as my and one of the dlc characters is a heavy hitter.
I am not sure how to increase the Lily Ranks, the seem to stay the same :/

Is there any BrazilGAF that can help me with blood bowl 2 from nuuvem? If so contact me via MP thanks!

Doesn't buying with VPN work? I bought a dlc using FlyVPN yesterday

Arthea

Upgrade as in actually upgrade the equipment or do mean buy better stuff? The shops seems to be selling same stuff the whole time so I haven't bought much new. Compa is acting as my and one of the dlc characters is a heavy hitter.
I am not sure how to increase the Lily Ranks, the seem to stay the same :/

during the game most of equipment you should make yourself, using plans, or find, what you can buy in shops isn't the best option most of the time. The end game is another story.

Lily ranks mostly increase when a character you want a lily rank go up with is in a back row of other character in battles, you really should get to doing it, because by increasing lily ranks you get bonus passive abilities that can help in battles.

Deques

during the game most of equipment you should make yourself, using plans, or find, what you can buy in shops isn't the best option most of the time. The end game is another story.

Lily ranks mostly increase when a character you want a lily rank go up with is in a back row of other character in battles, you really should get to doing it, because by increasing lily ranks you get bonus passive abilities that can help in battles.

So the equips from plans are better than from the shops? Hmm, I should take a look on them
I read that there is an item that increases the Lily Rank, but I haven't found the item yet :(

Chariot

So the equips from plans are better than from the shops? Hmm, I should take a look on them
I read that there is an item that increases the Lily Rank, but I haven't found the item yet :(
You need to put the Harem Chip into a Disc and equip the character with it. You find the Harem Chip as a hidden Treasure somewhere in Avenir Storage 3. To see the hidden treasure you need Laplace Eye.

Arthea

looking at a kickstarter page Valthirian Arc not gonna make it, most likely
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agatestudio/valthirian-arc-red-covenant

a pity, really

OTOH Rite of Life I posted about some time ago is kickstarted already, but not greenlit, oh irony
Because they aren't greenlit, they didn't promise steam keys, that's why I was reluctant to back them up and now it's too late.

You need to put the Harem Chip into a Disc and equip the character with it. You find the Harem Chip as a hidden Treasure somewhere in Avenir Storage 3. To see the hidden treasure you need Laplace Eye.

are you going to buy Trails SC and play right away or are you waiting for Nep Nep V?

edited: talking about greenlight, one more dungeon crawler on kickstarter and greenlight - Infinite Adventures
attention! inspired by Wizardry and Etrian Odyssey, not much to see how inspired yet, tho

doesn't look that hot, but I thought I'd mention

Knurek

Oh god, that Warhammer bundle on GOG.

Given that they are published there by GOG.com, they are not coming to Steam... So... Anyone else getting them?

Baseball Mogul 2015

Isn't that a well known, respected series? Or was that Hollywood Mogul?

Deques

This week's IndieGala Monday bundle is early. Bunch of non-interesting sport games. Good for +1 collectors, overall it's bad

Winter Sports Trilogy Super Pack
Axis Football 2015
Football Mogul 2014
Shred! Downhill Mountain Biking
Real Boxing
Baseball Mogul 2015

With this Laplace Eye I don't need to spam find hidden items button?

Indie Gala seems to be turning into Groupees to me. Lots of bundles, none of which interest me. I haven't bought an Indie Gala bundle in weeks.

Arthea

Indie Gala seems to be turning into Groupees to me. Lots of bundles, none of which interest me. I haven't bought an Indie Gala bundle in weeks.

are you the one that thought that killer bundle of bundlestars wasn't interesting too?

indiegala had a lot of great bundles lately, surprisingly so even.
Some are not good, true, but all bundle sites have not so good bundles in numbers these days

Make a thread about it to spread awareness if one hasn't been made.

It's not a game with massappeal, rather quirky one, I'm not sure that the thread would have any impact, but I posted in the kickstarter thread, just in case.

are you the one that thought that killer bundle of bundlestars wasn't interesting too?

indiegala had a lot of great bundles lately, surprisingly so even.
Some are not good, true, but all bundle sites have not so good bundles in numbers these days

Yeah, I wasn't super interested in the last killer bundle either.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You might say.

The Juri's still out on Street Fighter 5.

Dr Dogg

You might say.

The Juri's still out on Street Fighter 5.

That's almost as bad as the raft of bacon and pork related puns I've been making today. Sod the WHO trying to highlight the risks of colorectal cancer with processed meats just have a chat with me for 5 mins and you'll stop eating them. Or bonk me on the nose.

This week's IndieGala Monday bundle is early. Bunch of non-interesting sport games. Good for +1 collectors, overall it's bad

Winter Sports Trilogy Super Pack
Axis Football 2015
Football Mogul 2014
Shred! Downhill Mountain Biking
Real Boxing
Baseball Mogul 2015

thank you bby

In all seriousness, I love collecting sim games. Been wanting to try out BBM15 for a while now.

ugoo18

Price drop on Alien Isolation on Gamersgate, currently on sale for 17AUD. Anyone know of any better offers before i pull the long awaited trigger on this game?

yuraya

Price drop on Alien Isolation on Gamersgate, currently on sale for 17AUD. Anyone know of any better offers before i pull the long awaited trigger on this game?

There is supposed to be a halloween sale this week on steam. I would wait because it will most likely be a good deal.

Annubis

Now why the hell would Cacpom have stuff labeled like that.

Well, the developers have to remember some of this stuff =/
I mean you could make a entire game where every file and variable has an obscure name, but then you'd also have an entire team complaining about it and would need to have +1 screen for everyone just so that they can have Excel opened on that screen to see what means what in a giant ass table list.

Well, the developers have to remember some of this stuff =/
I mean you could make a entire game where every file and variable has an obscure name, but then you'd also have an entire team complaining about it and would need to have +1 screen for everyone just so that they can have Excel opened on that screen to see what means what in a giant ass table list.

Yeah I know and that is certainly true but, like I wish there was an easier way to solve this.

ugoo18

Wouldn't be shocked if it showed up during the Halloween sale.

Part of why i'm weary of it showing up was because a little while ago there was a sale on the Alien games (I bought AvP 2010 and Colonial Marines during that) and the only Alien game i remember not being on sale was Isolation :/

Fingers crossed that it does go on sale though.

I hope juri isn't in sf5 just cause jaw thinks smash has too many pokemons and refuses to admit mario is actually thr one with the most characters just under different logos. I can support ibuki tho, shes dope

Spiteful as fuck ☺️

chronomac

I have no idea if anyone was interested in this but I went back and looked at the time-frames for Steam Halloween sales and found the following:

2014 - October 30th (Thursday) - November 3rd (Monday)
2013 - October 29th (Tuesday) - November 1st (Friday)
2012 - October 29th (Monday) - November 1st (Thursday)
2011 - October 27th (Thursday) - October 31st (Monday)
2010 - October 28th (Thursday) - November 1st (Monday)

So I expect this year's sale to start Thursday, the 29th and go through Monday, the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom