• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Anyone else have trouble with their Xbox One controllers with Unity games in Windows 10? I have to switch to the "Microsoft Xbox One Controller" driver to get them to work right.

If I use the more generic "Xbox One Controller" driver then any game I start automatically makes the cursor fly to to the left or it makes the RT activate. It's bizarre. Tried Hover, Vertiginous Golf and Colin McRae Rally in the last few days and none were playable.

Only downside to switching to the generic driver is that Steam Big Picture doesn't work. For some reason it sees 2 profiles, both labeled "Xinput Controller" and every button press registers twice.

I want to get the $15 tier of the Humble Capcom Bundle but I realized I already have Ultra SFIV.

I'm confused. I remember I had the Arcade Edition, did I get the upgrade for free? is it the same?

Jawmuncher

I want to get the $15 tier of the Humble Capcom Bundle but I realized I already have Ultra SFIV.

I'm confused. I remember I had the Arcade Edition, did I get the upgrade for free? is it the same?

They changed the App name. Even though you have the Arcade Edition (Which it still is), it's just labeled as USFIV.
USFIV adds Hugo, Poison, Rolento, and Decapre.

Ozium

you guys ever keep refreshing the page and wonder why no one is posting only to find out that a new page has been added?

#juststonerthings

Jawmuncher

Ok, thanks. Is the upgrade worth it?

The digital upgrade is $15, so it looks like a nice deal.

Depends on how much you play Street Fighter. You get new arcade modes for those characters and some changes frames and such. But unless you're a hardcore fighter or have a group of friends to play with. I wouldn't say it's necessarily worthwhile if you don't play a lot of street fighter.

Depends on how much you play Street Fighter. You get new arcade modes for those characters and some changes frames and such. But unless you're a hardcore fighter or have a group of friends to play with. I wouldn't say it's necessarily worthwhile if you don't play a lot of street fighter.

I enjoy it but I'm not exactly the biggest fan. So I think I'll just get the BTA tier.

Thanks ;)

Anyone have any playtime with Rebel Galaxy? Game looks awesome from what I've seen, I'm really tempted to buy it.
I posted some impressions with the game last week. I've since spent several hours more with it and my opinion hasn't changed. Bottom line for me is that its a lot of fun and I am really liking it a lot. I'd post more but typing on a broken phone sucks, haha.

The Gentlemen of the Row super mod is pretty great and has made playing Saints Row 2 more enjoyable. It was easy to implement and it adds a lot to the game, the best thing it adds are the Xbox controller button prompts. SR2 has a pretty weird default control scheme.

The Gentlemen of the Row super mod is pretty great and has made playing Saints Row 2 more enjoyable. It was easy to implement and it adds a lot to the game, the best thing it adds are the Xbox controller button prompts. SR2 has a pretty weird default control scheme.

I liked Saints Row 2, but even with GotR some parts felt unwieldy. Seriously, fuck the graffiti minigame.

I liked Saints Row 2, but even with it some parts felt unwieldy. Seriously, fuck the graffiti minigame.

The "shake the spray paint can" so you can continue to use it part of the graffiti mini-game is almost completely unresponsive.

Unwieldy is such a perfect word to describe so many aspects of SR2 based off of the four hours I've spent with it so far. There are so many things that are just better in the newer games.

21XfXfl.png

the time has come and so have i

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you've pledged a review/recommendation for next month's thread, I'm going to need it by Friday morning 10/30. Not calling out anyone by name... yet. :p

Lomax

The "shake the spray paint can" so you can continue to use it part of the graffiti mini-game is almost completely unresponsive.

Unwieldy is such a perfect word to describe so many aspects of SR2 based off of the four hours I've spent with it so far. There are so many things that are just better in the newer games.

That's true, but there's so much content you can just ignore the unwieldy bits and do something else. If you enjoy the customization aspect of things, there's none better than SR2. And I still think it has the best implementation of story of any open world game I've played.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Real Boxing -- MB-7D3E0F37EBA89307 - Taken by UnaiGamer

XBP

Is Enter The Dragon Punch the best Gaffer ever? Yes, yes he is.

uyxys0o.png

Still cant believe how generous this guy is. Thanks once again for this awesome giveaway. Installing the game right now. :D

shockdude

Parsnip

Finished Life is Strange episodes 4 and 5.

LiS ep4.
I expected the reveal at the end there. It always seemed obvious that Nathan wasn't acting alone, they were so aggressive at making him the bad guy that the mastermind had to be someone else. I didn't expect it to be the teacher though.

Lis ep5.
The whole ending bit with all the weird shit went on for far too long. And really, a stealth section? Weak.
The final choice was also pretty obvious for a while, and also entirely binary and nothing you did before seemed to matter. It was also kind of an easy choice for me. Chloe's one track 'fuck everything, must find rachel amber' thought process was kind of grating, and when at the end there she said to go back to the beginning, I didn't even hesitate. But the funeral was well done and I got something in my throat.

Overall I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to whatever dontnod does next.
And now I'm going to see how some scenes play out based on some choices that happened before.

Man it sucks. Had stuff to do last couple days, so once I settled on my PC I was always already too tired to do anything more interactive than watching videos.

Want to try out the new Star Citizen build and maybe even DCS World beta 1.5. Looks so nice, a bit daunting mechanics-wise though.

I've been busy with work so I wasn't able to do it until tonight :p

Oh, you did a voucher, eh?

I'm just really happy that he was generous enough to do this giveaway. Still cant believe that I actually won something in a giveaway. First time its ever happened.

Yeah, he's the new good guy... not sure where he came from exactly, but I'm sure it's much appreciated from the "community" in here.

How much will Neptunia 3 be?

Probably the same as the last two games?

Dsyndrome

Man it sucks. Had stuff to do last couple days, so once I settled on my PC I was always already too tired to do anything more interactive than watching videos.

Want to try out the new Star Citizen build and maybe even DCS World beta 1.5. Looks so nice, a bit daunting mechanics-wise though.

Do my Discrete Systems practice test and I'll play for you, you'll get pleasure and such in ways you could only imagine.

Pakkidis

Just completed The walking dead season 2... not as good as the first season but still enjoyable. My ending

I killed Kenny, dude was just way too unstable for my liking, I decided to also ditch Jane because of her actions, may not have been the best ending but I think it was the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom