• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Just completed The walking dead season 2... not as good as the first season but still enjoyable. My ending

I killed Kenny, dude was just way too unstable for my liking, I decided to also ditch Jane because of her actions, may not have been the best ending but I think it was the right decision.

tbh, didn't even like the 1st season.

Still haven't finished it. Can't bring myself to finish it, honestly, even with a single episode left.

Pakkidis

tbh, didn't even like the 1st season.

Still haven't finished it. Can't bring myself to finish it, honestly, even with a single episode left.

You should, because the last episode is the best one. Overall I was a bit disappointed with this season, a lot of the conflict felt so contrived.

MUnited83

For you.
Just completed The walking dead season 2... not as good as the first season but still enjoyable. My ending

I killed Kenny, dude was just way too unstable for my liking, I decided to also ditch Jane because of her actions, may not have been the best ending but I think it was the right decision.

Believe me, it was the best ending possible. Badass Clem ftw

im thinking season 3 of the walking dead will either have a new lead or will basically void your ending in some way like maybe a time skip or something cause the endings are pretty different in that game and telltale isn't known of having your choices actually matter, you know?

Sch1sm

You should, because the last episode is the best one. Overall I was a bit disappointed with this season, a lot of the conflict felt so contrived.

There's just something about how everything went. I don't know. All the useless little conflicts, my lacking attachment to the characters, coupled with the fact that walkers don't exactly scare me, it's actually a bit of a bore. Most interesting thing to me is when
Kenny ethered Lily's dad, or when Lily stole the car and ran off after killing Carly (RIP) because they planned to leave her behind.
Those instances caught my attention. Most things have just been the equivalent to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'll try at finishing it again tomorrow, then get Contradiction out of the way since I'll have minimal Steam from Thursday-Monday. Out of town for most of the time, and another set of midterms following. Living the dream.

That's true, but there's so much content you can just ignore the unwieldy bits and do something else. If you enjoy the customization aspect of things, there's none better than SR2. And I still think it has the best implementation of story of any open world game I've played.

I'm playing Saints Row 2 because I've never played it, I've run out of Saints Row games to play and it's referenced so many times in SR IV and Gat out of Hell. For example I don't know why I'm killing Dex over and over and over and over in GooH and he's mentioned 20 minutes in to SR2.

Lomax

I'm playing Saints Row 2 because I've never played it, I've run out of Saints Row games to play and it's referenced so many times in SR IV and Gat out of Hell. For example I don't know why I'm killing Dex over and over and over and over in GooH and he's mentioned 20 minutes in to SR2.

Yeah, a lot of the core of the story comes from SR2. Fair warning though, it's a good bit darker than the later games in the series.

fertygo

One and half hour and yet..

P5JP87q.png

Pfffft

fertygo

Wow.. TellTale copy?

Bear with it. Few things are as worthwhile as ep 5.

Get it from giveaway, so eh I'm grateful.

Can't even playing while downloading is effin stupid tho, so I run it windowed with lowest resolution because this thing basically download manager currently -__-

MUnited83

For you.
Honestly, at that point, I'd just pirate that shit. If you have the license for the game, you have every right to get yourself a working copy of that license that isn't riddled with bullshit outta the ass.

Grief.exe

Honestly, at that point, I'd just pirate that shit. If you have the license for the game, you have every right to get yourself a working copy of that license that isn't riddled with bullshit outta the ass.

There's definitely an argument for that, or at least approaching Telltale for a Steam key...that probably won't get you very far however.

Sarcasm

One and half hour and yet..

Pfffft

At least you can play the episodes. I start the game and my ears get blasted with constant loud noise that doesn't stop ever. =(

I have USB headset and nothing else, turns out I need a 3.5m something to even get the sound from not doing that.

Lomax

Along these lines, I'd think that downloading the data from another source and then copying it into the correct location would work, would just be like installing from a disc.

There's definitely an argument for that, or at least approaching Telltale for a Steam key...that probably won't get you very far however.

Several people in here ended up with TT copies through modbot giveaways after the HB build your own bundle deal... so I think the likelihood of getting a Steam key for TT keys that already had a Steam key given out with it via HB would probably be a pointless endeavor.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Enter the Dragon Punch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

This War of Mine -- MB-49672AEAAA3ED579 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 34 entrants total.
header.jpg

t1445930499z1.png

wew lad

Nyoro SF

After reviewing some Sonic All Stars Racing footage... are there any actual 3D flight racers on the market? Flying is the most fun part of the races.

Lomax

I love lamp.

KSP needs to hit it's lowest price again during sales so I actually buy it. I feel like that since it's become popular, they're going the Acti route and never really giving significant discounts. In their best interest, I guess.

Kerbal seems to always be 40% off, they've just increased the base price several times. I had hoped since the official release they might go a little deeper, but apparently not. Maybe next summer.

After reviewing some Sonic All Stars Racing footage... are there any actual 3D flight racers on the market? Flying is the most fun part of the races.

I think Race the Sun is supposed to be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom