• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Humble Assassin's Creed Bundle

Humble Call of Duty Bundle

Humble Final Fantasy Bundle

johnny-manziel-show-me-the-money.gif

Hektor

Ragnarok Online killed two of my graphics cards back in the day. So worth it

I bought Fallout: New vegas but didnt had internet at the time since i just moved in, so i decided to use a prepaid UMTS-Surfstick from a friend. The moment i activated it, it immediately started Downloading a 1GB patch that i had do load through the slow and expensive surfstick. I wasted like 40€ on prepaid cards for it. 2 days later i was playing the damn thing in offline mode and suddenly i had colors all over the screen, because my graphics card was saying its last goodbye to the world.

So worth it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Trying another experiment, second one since Close Your Eyes went through Steam. Working on an RPG Maker MV Halloween project, it's a deceptive game that starts off using RPG Maker RTP assets and slowly dissolves into an original horror game (has original art, music, and later in, spritework). But It's been made in a week or two with a few others in a community stream, to see how it fairs as it's a bit hard to advertise without spoiling it, but to be seen: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542809450

manziel gif

Nothing pleases me re:Manziel more than how horribly he's played since hitting the pros. Turns out he's not all hot shit when he doesn't have the bail-out target in Evans. Same thing is happening with Jameis Winston not having Benjamin for the guaranteed connect.

Meanwhile, I'm a chapter into Tales from the Borderlands. For anyone on the fence, this is not a case of SteamGAF hype; so far, it's the real deal. Snappy writing that doesn't make the easy mistake of dipping into the well of "clever" too often.

Random anecdote... In my country Amazon is having a festival sale and yesterday they were selling Evolve for 25 Rupees (which is about 35-40 cents). So, the game finally found it's correct price somewhere in the world. I'm not sure if it sold out at that price or not.

Sch1sm

Random anecdote... In my country Amazon is having a festival sale and yesterday they were selling Evolve for 25 Rupees (which is about 35-40 cents). So, the game finally found it's correct price somewhere in the world. I'm not sure if it sold out at that price or not.

>if region restrictions didn't exist it'd probably be sold out a lot more quickly. I'm almost inclined to guess that it isn't.

Either way, what a steal.

yuraya

Nothing pleases me re:Manziel more than how horribly he's played since hitting the pros. Turns out he's not all hot shit when he doesn't have the bail-out target in Evans. Same thing is happening with Jameis Winston not having Benjamin for the guaranteed connect.

Yea he sucks. But to be fair most QBs in the league suck. Only like 5 good ones everybody else is trash.

Dr Dogg

It was a deal here locally, though not nearly as cheap (worked out with discount codes and the £3 credit I had the Moster Race Ed would come to a smidge over £8). Was going to bite but there's fuck all people playing it and truth be told the beta did nothing for me at all. Then again with only 1-2,000 peeps in Titanfall I'm still getting a blast out of it recently.

Arthea

anybody else finds it strange that Capcpom bundle didn't even crack 300K? I thought it will be half a million at least, tbh.
for example Sid Meier and SW bundles were close to half a million and Origin bundle past it as far as I can remember, old THQ bundle was close to million, but that was an exception.

With divinity today + backlog rpgs + fallout coming I feel like I have 2 years worth of rpgs to play through

only two years? I feel like I have lifetime worth of RPGs to play (or finish) and new are releasing all the time.

Hektor

Teggy

Wolfenstein 2009 is kind of crazy. I came in expecting a linear shooter where zombies get introduced halfway through and got something entirely different.

This is canon with TNO/OB though?

Didnt the game like, released only a week ago?
Yeah. Game must be really short or something. Shorter than other Telltale games or something. Or maybe this is something that is already completely done and they are going to get out every episode each week.

Which would be a change of pace. Hey at least then it would finally actually feel episodic.

yuraya

anybody else finds it strange that Capcpom bundle didn't even crack 300K? I thought it will be half a million at least, tbh.
for example Sid Meier and SW bundles were close to half a million and Origin bundle past it as far as I can remember, old THQ bundle was close to million, but that was an exception.

I think those #s are decent tbh. Capcom isn't really as popular in the west as some make em out to be. They haven't really been all that relevant for several years now. Especially for pc gamers.

Teggy

Don't worry the zombies are in the old blood.

Yeah, I already played TNO/OB - I had just heard that they were a sequel to this game and it just doesn't seem like it right now. (Plus BJ seems like a totally different guy).

I'll have to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein after this one because I seem to be going in reverse order. I've never played Wolf 3D either, just the old Apple II games.

Jawmuncher

Well every series they're doing is basically already done. I would have a feeling mine craft is taking priority. Taking a whole year or more to finish that one wouldn't be a good idea. Since outside of some earlier projects that have been announced. Only the Minecraft and Michonne chapters seem to be far along.

Haunted

I thought the Capcom bundle was really strong, so I'm surprised that it sold less than other bundles.

Knurek

Both $1 and BTA tiers consist mostly of stuff that has been getting high discounts each and every Steam sale.
(I had everything except for ResiRev 2).
Not much in the highest 15 tier as well, who wants SFIV when there's SFV on the horizon. And $15 for a bunch of DLCs for a game I haven't even touched? Not something that screams 'buy me now'.

Jawmuncher

Both $1 and BTA tiers consist mostly of stuff that has been getting high discounts each and every Steam sale.
Not much in the highest 15 tier as well, who wants SFIV when there's SFV on the horizon. And $15 for a bunch of DLCs for a game I haven't even touched? Not something that screams 'buy me now'.

10 bucks for all of those games is cheaper than any steam sale is ever going to bring them. But I think the case is just a lot of people who wanted those games already owned them.

Not much time left.
PSA: Reminder for people not having seen it. Activate this game Vertiginous Golf via Steam and keep it free forever!

Special Deal only available until tomorrow, so hurry up folks! It has multiplayer/co-op and being free makes it the perfect candidate for Gaf-Game-Nights™

Arthea

That doesn't matter, even with deeper discounts all those games are expensive, so that's not it.

It could be an indication that Capcpom really screwed RE franchise, by changing direction they lost part of fans that were very numerous as far as I can remember and didn't gain new ones enough. Or I'm overthinking it.

I thought the Capcom bundle was really strong, so I'm surprised that it sold less than other bundles.

It is a strong bundle, yes, except for $15 tier, not sure people ever will jump on dlcs for that price and SF4 alone is not enough.

203342d.jpg

Its my birthday! To celebrate, I'm giving away a new game. Unfortunately because I'm broke, its a really cheap new game. I did pick one that a lot of people seem to want on steam, so hopefully this will make someone's day.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baron_Calamity, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Downwell -- MB-65778B85B0A00516 - Taken by Benedict. 39 entrants total.

t1445966620z1.png

Jazz573

Giving away games from the Capcom Bundle that I already owned:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-A0C5A299BA88815F - Taken by chronomac
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-13BFE5A999B6657E - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-F4DB5D32E9356710 - Taken by fspm
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-9011CFD4F8C27A51 - Taken by jshackles
Strider -- MB-4B121334E3A3E866 - Taken by AcademicSaucer
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-8A81501ADA8381DE - Taken by gurm3n

Status
Not open for further replies.