• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
203342d.jpg

Its my birthday! To celebrate, I'm giving away a new game. Unfortunately because I'm broke, its a really cheap new game. I did pick one that a lot of people seem to want on steam, so hopefully this will make someone's day.

Happy birthday Baron!

Anteater

what's with re revelations games and the pointing at things to find items gameplay

i wish they had online coop so I could just make my friend do that shit

JustLynx

Need help =\

I bought South Park from GamersGate and they gave me an AU copy which is censored
so I contacted them and they gave me a second key, when I activated it, it didn't say it's AU
but the game itself is still censored -_-

what happened here? and if I go to the support page it says as if i activated the game twice

Arthea

Need help =\

I bought South Park from GamersGate and they gave me an AU copy which is censored
so I contacted them and they gave me a second key, when I activated it, it didn't say it's AU
but the game itself is still censored -_-

what happened here? and if I go to the support page it says as if i activated the game twice

As I've heard it many times already, it's clear that valve changed a key activations in a way, that no matter if you get a ROW key, it still activates as the regional key (it seems to be true for censored games, as far as I noticed). You most likely could have avoided that by activating another key via VPN.

edited: although I remember derExperte once saying that even in this case, some games required VPN to play, or at least a way around it, but it probably wasn't about South Park, can't say I remember.

JustLynx

As I've heard it many times already, it's clear that valve changed a key activations in a way, that no matter if you get a ROW key, it still activates as the regional key (it seems to be true for censored games, as far as I noticed). You most likely could have avoided that by activating another key by using VPN.

is this new cause I never heard about this, are you sure?

dude are you telling me lashman has been talking to us through email quotes the last several months?

If you add together the first letter of all his posts for the last few months it says "please send help trapped at valve hq" 0__0 oh god poor lashman, we had no idea :)

I'm sure you could. If not directly through the game you could do it using a Joy Mapper.

You'd have to be insane to do so though, or enjoy losing.

I always look for controller only servers when recording footage for my sick hard scope and wallbang youtube compilations.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Random- can devs see the amount of people who've wishlisted their game?

Yes. It's important data, because wishlisting suggest they want your game but are waiting for a sale. Dusk Golem mentioned that even though his game is free, a lot of people wishlisted it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Challenge:
Find a game on Steam whose reviews are Mostly Negative or worse, but that you recommend people play.

To make it fair, exclude decent AAA games who got review-bombed into oblivion because of DRM, bugs, or decisions the fanbase didn't like (so no Arkham Knight or similar)

Yes. It's important data, because wishlisting suggest they want your game but are waiting for a sale. Dusk Golem mentioned that even though his game is free, a lot of people wishlisted it.

That's great. That means a decent sale on Final Fantasy 3 must be around the corner.
square pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom