• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty1897

I'm really tempted by Fallout 4, I gave up on NV after a few hours because it was so clunky and janky but I've always wanted to try Fallout 4. I might buy it and try it, if it sucks I'll refund it.

Fallout 4 won't change your mind about that.

Are Daily Deals dead now (like, how in the past you'd wait for a game to appear on a Daily Deal at a lower price than normal) ? I haven't bought anything in a Steam sale for about a year now but I thought I heard they changed that ? So, I'm safe buying whatever is on sale now ?

Zrmi

Neo Member
Doom
Rive
Little Nightmares
Mother Russia Bleeds
Necropolis
Killer is Dead Nightmare Edition

Are pretty nice sales! Besides that it's kinda meh... I miss flash sales. Even Hyper Light Drifter was cheaper on Playstation store sales last week....

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
BTW thanks for Idle Master and Enhanced Steam, I have so many cards to claim, I can probably buy a game with them once they've finished collecting.

I'm really tempted by Fallout 4, I gave up on NV after a few hours because it was so clunky and janky but I've always wanted to try Fallout 4. I might buy it and try it, if it sucks I'll refund it.

Fallout 4 is certainly more refined than Fallout: New Vegas. Too bad they also polished off the good writing, storytelling and world building.

Saiyan-Rox

Are Daily Deals dead now (like, how in the past you'd wait for a game to appear on a Daily Deal at a lower price than normal) ? I haven't bought anything in a Steam sale for about a year now but I thought I heard they changed that ? So, I'm safe buying whatever is on sale now ?

Yes they're gone so buy what you want now

Fallout 4 is about the same level of jank, but with nearly no interesting quests, and gameplay mostly consisting of clearing out dungeons for crappy loot.

kyo2004

Uggghhh, Steam Store its so dead right now... xD... almost impossible to try add some game to the cart (503 pages everywhere)... :/

Stoze

I'm thinking:

Snake Pass - $10
Slime Rancher - $13.40
Castle in the Darkness - $2
Far Cry 2 - $3.40

All comes in just under $30 without tax.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fallout 4 is certainly more refined than Fallout: New Vegas. Too bad they also polished off the good writing, storytelling and world building.

Fallout 4 is about the same level of jank, but with nearly no interesting quests, and gameplay mostly consisting of clearing out dungeons for crappy loot.

I guess I won't be playing this next then, it's what I feared, and apparently it's about 30 hours just to beat the story so it would really drag on if it's a mediocre game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

If only such information could be found in the OP of this thread...but memes are more important it seems.

I wish the discovery queue had more options for indecisive tools, i.e. me.

I want a vague, lukewarm, "not quite piqued interest but still mildly considerable" option for when I don't want to follow (following is a mistake and spams your notifications) and don't feel a game hard enough to put it on my wishlist, but it's interesting enough that I also shy away from bringing down the Not Interested hammer.

Amzin

I don't know how much it's changed since release, but I found Grim Dawn to be INCREDIBLY slow and grindy. Like, old school MMO grindy. I had to force myself to finish the campaign and had any desire of trying other builds removed by how long it takes to get anywhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FF XIV 20% off? Guess SE doesnt want mah money

Turok | $5 | 75% off
Crypt of the NecroDancer | $3 | 80% off
Alpha Protocol | $5 | 66% off
Condemned | $ 4.5 | 70% off
Abzu | $6 | 70% off
Doom 3 BFG | $5 | 75% off
Sudeki | $3 | 50% off
MX vs. ATV Reflex | $5 | 75% off
Sonic Adventure 2 | $2.50 | 75% off

Total: $39

Looks like I'm done.

Ayyyy Condemned 1. Been so long since I played it. Love the atmosphere in that game, make sure to use some nice headphones

ce25yiD.jpg

But steam wont let me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom