• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sucker Punch is planning ‘other spin-offs’ beyond Ghost of Yotei

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
ghost-of-yotei-1440x810.jpg

That’s according to a New York Times interview with Ghost of Yotei creative directors Nate Fox and Jason Connell.

The pair, who will once again serve as creative directors on the project, spoke to the publication about the newly announced game, which is set 300 years after Ghost of Tsushima.

The article also notes that the annoucement of Ghost of Yotei retrospectively changes Ghost of Tsushima from a standalone game to the start of a franchise, which it says “will include at least one movie and other spin-offs”.

A Ghost of Tsushima movie is currently in the works, and will be directed by Chad Stahelski (John Wick: Chapter 4).

Fox told the New York Times.

Source
calm down...!!!

dont even launch the game...

Sounds like an excuse. Jin was a great protagonist. A fucking tragedy not to develop the character. Nothing in the trailer looked sequel-worthy.

Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

Doesn't mean they would've done a second outing with Jin justice. The base game was great and the dlc really well done too

Personally, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt seeing as how the same studio that gave us Jin is now gonna give us a new protag. But hey, each to their own.

Hope you like:

- open world games
- woke games
- souls likes
- gaas
- remasters/remakes

Or any combination of the above, cuz that's all we're getting from here on out.
We literally just got the likely GOTY as a 3D platformer like 2 weeks ago. Good grief some of you just seem absolutely miserable about nothing lol.

Anyway as for the actual OP, I'm cool with them going this route. There's only a certain point you can take things with a single lead character. You could make the case Jins story could have continued for a bit, but idk how much longer that really could have lasted. Seems to make more sense going the AC route, especially if they want to move regions and time-frames

For the people trying so hard to be mad at this one…What if I told you Infamous had a spin off years ago with a female lead? 😲

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
I want the next one to be 'Ghost of Whitey' where you play as Tarzan rampaging through equatorial Africa.

In theory I'm down for a Ghost franchise if each takes place in a different time period ala AC though I'd prefer PlayStation go back to creating new IP every gen with their big studios, exceptions notwithstanding (God of War should always be a thing).

With the success of Wukong, no doubt they'll be investigated a Chinese setting in the right location that is at least partially historically accurate.

Mr Moose

People are thinking that Yōtei is a spin-off because of the stupid ass articles title.
Here is the original article.
Spin-offs are likely TV show and something else.
The sequel to Ghost of Tsushima is the linchpin to a series of tightly choreographed efforts by Sony to transform the series into a larger entertainment franchise. A cinematic version of the original game has been in development for several years under Chad Stahelski, who directed the “John Wick” films.
In recent years, game companies have achieved some critical and commercial success by turning their characters into Hollywood stars. The second-highest-grossing movie of last year was “The Super Mario Bros. Movie,” which celebrated Nintendo’s mascot and earned more than $1.3 billion at the box office. The year before, a movie based on Sony’s Uncharted games made about $400 million.
Hermen Hulst, the chief executive of Sony’s studio business group, said developing intellectual property across entertainment formats would drive customers back to the original games. “We saw the same with ‘The Last of Us’ on HBO,” he said.
“From a business perspective it makes a lot of sense,” Hulst said. “When a television series or movie comes out, people are inspired to play again or make friends to play.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom