• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferulci

I hated it (and rather liked BvS). Awful story, awful FX and Will Smith vampirizes the movie. It was like a 2 hour AMV.
Now I pray to god that we dont get Joker as the main antagonist in the next Batman.

I keep himming and hawing as to whether I want to go see it, and go see it tonight. It's playing in 40 minutes.

I don't really know if I want to spend money to see it, though. I'm not a huge DC or comic book fan.
If you are a huge fan of Will Smith it's worth a matine showing.

I keep himming and hawing as to whether I want to go see it, and go see it tonight. It's playing in 40 minutes.

I don't really know if I want to spend money to see it, though. I'm not a huge DC or comic book fan.
I don't particularly give a shit about DC either outside of young justice but I'd say go for it. Critics might not enjoy it but it seems like the general consensus here is its as least fun and at worse "okay" or servicable with a couple "its bad". There are worse ways to spend $12

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You'll probably dismiss this because it's me and I'm clearly Damaged but.. it was not that bad. Not 30% bad. At all. It's a fine 45% or something. It has some corny lines and stuff, but it's not worse than many, many others. I say it's similar to Jurassic World. I say go see it, you won't get bored, that's for sure. I think the general Audience will eat it up, it checks all boxes of modern popcorn cinema.

just fyi, your review would be counted as rotten on rottentomatoes.

(also jurassic world is a supremely bad movie)

pestul

Well a lot of the positive reviews seem to suggest it's not a good movie, but they still enjoyed it. Then there's the straight up hated it ones..

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just found the differences between the screener and final version.

What the fuck is up with DC, man? I had never seen a movie and thought to myself, "I need to see the director's cut" but that has now happened with BvS and SS. Why did they think it was a good idea to remove so many Joker scenes?

[edit]

Worst line in the movie was
Diablo calling them his family. Dude, you've known these people for less than a day and now you're putting them up there with your wife and kids? Okay.

Ahasverus

Well a lot the positive reviews seem to suggest it's not a good movie, but they still enjoyed it. Then there's the straight up hated it ones..
Yeah, exactly, that's what I would say. Its not a good movie, but it's fun.

Haha you're right. I'm ok with that. I really expected "Dude where's my car" or something like that.

gamz

I enjoy mindless summer trash every once in a while and that hit the right beats. I'll never watch it again, but I had fun with it. My kids watch it endlessly.

I was so pissed at the reviews I wasn't going to see it this weekend. Now I think I will.

I'm cool with a popcorn movie like JPW.

I can honestly say I think the reviews are wrong. I immediately wanted to watch again. Got to wait till Saturday morning though.

Egg0

Banned
Just got back from seeing it. The [insert popular music here] that happens what seemed like every other scene got grating real quick. I had really bad seats (front row) so some of this might be me having a headache watching it. I don't like it. The Joker was inconsequential to the movie. Jai Courtney is good in really small doses. Will Smith was good. Ropeguy pls. Diablo got a cool moment (I guess, I'm not familiar with him.) Forgetting some stuff, or I chose not to remember it.

This movie may feature the best
worst
line ever.

"Lady, you ARE EVIL!"

Edit: So during the theater chain commercials and turn off your cell phone ad. The screen was green and purple. I figured it was them having some fun SS type deal. Then halfway through the first trailer (Dunkirk) they turned the projector off and started over. They must've switched something cause we never got to see the Dunkirk trailer after the switch.

I'd presume that most people still willing to see it after BVS and the reviews would already be pretty predisposed towards liking it anyway.

I mean maybe but I think this has a lot more to do with the marketing being so good that people will take a chance when there isn't a lot out at the moment.

4/10. Narratively a mess and the editing was abysmal. Random music didn't help either. Joker, Harley, and Deadshot were fun though, even if the actual Joker/Harley relationship was entirely wrong.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Best part of SS was the girl two seats over going insane when she realized they were making an Assassin's Creed movie.

I really liked it! Didnt think I would after all of the word of mouth, its a super fun flick and a joy if your into dc comics. Its not perfect, but I enjoyed it enough that im willing to pay to see it again! Harley was great! Still dont have a feel for letto's joker, hope he gets more play in The Batman. Will smith was fantastic and the rest of the cast were all super enjoyable! The cameos were good too, i didnt feel like any of them were forced, they all made sense where they were. much better than the boring turd that was bvs.

HotHamBoy

Word of mouth seems to be mostly positive so far. Weird.

I thought Deadpool was pretty terrible, so this movie must be trying as fuck.

Blockbuster movies viewers liked that I thought were bad:

X-Men First Class
Deadpool
Gaurdians of the Galaxy
Jurassic World (*shudder*)
Ant Man (wait, did people loke that movie?)
Age of Ultron (it had it's moments)
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Dark Knight Rises
Hunger Games Trilogy

Blockbuster movies viewers liked that I thought were pretty good:
Captain America Trilogy
Iron Man
Mad Max Fury Road
The Dark Knight
The Force Awakens

I don't trust word of mouth.

Just got back and I have to say I enjoyed BvS more :(

The film isn't as bad as some of the critics were saying. The editing though was all over the place. Very RUSHED, my god was this movie RUSHED. Too many scenes jumping to the next without an explanation on what's going on. The pacing was atrocious. If David Ayer was responsible for the pacing of this movie WB needs to get a new director for the sequel same for Justice League but I know that ship has already sailed.

The best part about this movie were Deadshot & Harley Quinn. They were the ones carrying this movie. I'm not sold on Jared Leto's Joker. His scenes felt forced and sometimes out of place. I think Jared didn't even know what the hell is he doing. Others that I liked were Katana which she should've had more screen time or scenes too herself. Croc and Boomerang were alright. I will have to say is that I really liked El Diablo but once again not enough screen time. Same goes for Enchantress.

If I had to rate this I will give it a 5.5/10

And also about
Rope Guy
michael-jordan-laugh.gif

kris.

Banned
i wasn't a fan of this at all

writing was garbage

cgi was really bland

villain was lame

leto didn't live up what little hype i had

goddammit i just want dc to get one right

i mean i guess it was better than bvs by a bit but i was still bored to death for half of it

Cuburt

I am fucking shocked
shocked
that a summer blockbuster is doing better with viewers than critics
I'm more shocked people rushing out to pay money to see it opening night are positive about it.

Opening night is usually full of the toughest critics.

I saw The Force Awakens on opening night and I swear I heard some guy dressed as Kylo Ren boo at one point. Savage.

Jake2by4

So just came out and I'd give it a 8/10. My 69 year old aunt loved it and she doesn't know anything about these characters.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The CGI is pretty bad in some cases, especially in the underground train scene.

Egg0

Banned
Did that dude even have a name? Is he from the comics at least?

I imagine the credits would just say
"Enchantress' Brother"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom