• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
y'all just mad cuz there wasn't targeted towards Marvel babies

I mean, theres some fucked up shit in there Marvel wouldn't dream of doing

Like, Harley stole a PURSE

I'll make up my own mind when I leave my own screen and how I feel. Thanks. Antagonistic? You take responsibility for your own behavior. Like name calling.

It needed no Joker whatsoever. His character served no purpose to the overall plot or story. He was shameless pandering to the fans.

Except he provided an interesting antagonist to the group, even if that wasn't his true intention. Every scene with him was far more interesting than the true bad guys.

LeonSPBR

I just watched this... It was bad, really bad. The story is stupid, only Harley and Deadshot is given a little of backstory, but the rest is practically forgotten (
RIP Ropeguy, still don't know WTF were you doing in that movie
), really weird music choices, meh action scenes, and Leto didn't leave a good impression in this 5-10 minutes that he was in this movie.

To me this is even worse than BvS, and MoS. And after this movie, the only way that I'll see WW is if WW gets 80 - 90% on RT and a lot of people here likes it.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Marvel doesn't have the balls to have Iron Mam drive a tank through Washington and crush people under the wheels, or have Captain America go to the mountains and listen to Erksine tell a story about the time he drowned some cows.

Rotten Tomato score was so high there. Shit was nuts
"Without wanting to compare, the film's highest highs are another dire blow against Marvel Studios' latest lacklustre efforts. The chemistry between the Suicide Squad is leaps and bounds above the awkward interactions between Shia Le Beouf's Steve Rogers and Tom Cruise's Tony Stark in Iron Man vs. Captain America: Avengeance Initiated"

"Without wanting to compare, the film's highest highs are another dire blow against Marvel Studios' latest lacklustre efforts. The chemistry between the Suicide Squad is leaps and bounds above the awkward interactions between Shia Le Beouf's Steve Rogers and Tom Cruise's Tony Stark in Iron Man vs. Captain America: Avengeance Initiated"

It's beautiful
I'd watch that train wreck

Schlorgan

You're just a DC schill that hates Marvel movies because they're too smart and thoughtful for you.

kinggroin

Banned
usually if most people say it's even just 'okay', I'd be down to check it out. Did it for Jurassic World

this tho, I been counting approximately half the people in this thread saying it's like, so bad, and the other saying it's fun/decent

Literally torn apart here, audience-wise, this is pretty damn divisive

It's only divisive if you think movies like Jurassic World were divisive.

I'll sound like an asshole, but there are just bad movies and people with bad taste in movies that happen to encompass them.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's only divisive if you think movies like Jurassic World were divisive.

I'll sound like an asshole, but there are just bad movies and people with bad taste in movies that happen to encompass them.

JW isn't divisive, even its fans knows it's shockingly bad, but it has cool dinosaur fights.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Haha Well, there you have it, folks. Me and my family just have bad taste. My son was just reading some of the negative reviews to me off his phone and wondering why such reactions, guess I should break the news to him.

kinggroin

Banned

What is up with you people?!?

Haha Well, there you have it, folks. Me and my family just have bad taste. My son was just reading some of the negative reviews to me off his phone and wondering why such reactions, guess I should break the news to him.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, and as harshly as I have, but your son...be gentle.

$65.1M first day in the US/Canada for Suicide Squad.

Frontloaded like hell. There's no trust in critics. I'm sad. Critics job is to warn people from movie disasters like SS, but people still want to reward these shitty movies. Fanboyism means serious business.

I'm gonna drink some beers and contemplate the current state of humankind. So bad, people, so bad.

Frontloaded like hell. There's no trust in critics. I'm sad. Critics job is to warn people from movie disasters like SS, but people still want to reward these shitty movies. Fanboyism means serious business.

I'm gonna drink some beers and contemplate the current state of humankind. So bad, people, so bad.

It's a fucking comic-book summer film. This isn't really a hill you want to die on.

Looks like the real people Ayer made the movie for definitely turned up. Now the question is, did they like it?

idunno, probably :p

Just want it to beat BvS. Would be a fun discussion. Don't see that happening as of now. A lot depends on the second week drop. BvS had like a 70% drop.

Nope, me and the audience loved that actually. Deadshot and Flagg generally were dope in their back and forth. But opinions etc.

I thought the dialogue felt
completely out of character for Flag
and was a strange comedy relief moment in an otherwise serious scene.

But yeah, opinions. It's clear the movie is pretty divisive.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
And also, will they come back for repeat viewings

I can name only 3 recent-ish movies I've done that for:

The Dark Knight

Inception

Mad Max Fury Road

Back in the day it was different, you could just sit in the theater and they would't kick you out. Saw ET like 4 times in a row that way, cried every time. Good times.

Reversed

Croc
refuting his ugliness
made me laugh the most. like, you don't expect that sack of scales to respond to that but there it is.

After having watched TKJ that was a relief. But I'm still disappointed

Blizzard

Banned
Croc
refuting his ugliness
made me laugh the most. like, you don't expect that sack of scales to respond to that but there it is.

After having watched TKJ that was a relief. But I'm still disappointed
We couldn't understand what Croc said because of his accent and the audio mix (music/sound effects uncomfortably loud, voices quiet).

It was something like
"I'm beautiful on the inside"? Or did he just plain say "I'm beautiful on the outside"?

pestul

I wonder if we'll see a slight drop (vs. expected) from Fri-Sun on account of the critical reception? This one might actually be critic proof.

EGM1966

Sheesh: all these people saying its a cheap night out give it a go? Where the hell where you when The Nice Guy's released?

You know they excellent film you didn't even have to worry you might be wasting money on?

Anyway looks like getting it in the most venues ever for time period will help launch but I'm still expecting it to fold like BvS at this point unless it manages a decent hold.

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder if we'll see a slight drop (vs. expected) from Fri-Sun on account of the critical reception? This one might actually be critic proof.
At least it wasn't as crazy exhausting and depressing as Batman vs. Superman. After sleeping on it, Suicide Squad still feels like a messy meh film, but some people will find something to enjoy in it.

I don't think I minded Man of Steel that much (which many make fun of), and I found enough to enjoy in Jupiter Rising (which many hate). Similar situation (but Jupiter Rising has average critic rating of 4.3, compared to Suicide Squad average rating of 4.7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom